General chat with Filters

GalidoreTheJedi

Is anyone else annoyed about Debates, Politics, Nobama this Nobama that. I don't come to Fleet to talk about that stuff and its difficult to announcing Crafting/ LFGs/ in-game questions when the MMO is not made up of solely US issues. If i wanna talk about politics, i'd take that outside of my gaming i mean really.

So, just an idea whether thought up, or not, Can Bioware do something about a Filter or a Debate Channel that people can spam on that instead because as of now we do have tabs that take chat that discusses those politics/ events that's non-Star wars related.

I like the OPs premise, but would like to target the suggestion more. I agree with TUX that a channel wouldn't work.

What would be cool is to be able to filter out any phrase we want. Using the OP's example "/generalfilter nobama" then any chat messages (non-case sensitive) with nobama anywhere in them could be filtered out. I know several in my guild would love a "/generalfilter jawa" on days when people go crazy with jawa drivel in chat. This would also allow solo player to filter out LFG or non-pvpers to filter out ranked, the possibilities are endless.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

I like the OPs premise, but would like to target the suggestion more. I agree with TUX that a channel wouldn't work.

What would be cool is to be able to filter out any phrase we want. Using the OP's example "/generalfilter nobama" then any chat messages (non-case sensitive) with nobama anywhere in them could be filtered out. I know several in my guild would love a "/generalfilter jawa" on days when people go crazy with jawa drivel in chat. This would also allow solo player to filter out LFG or non-pvpers to filter out ranked, the possibilities are endless.

I love your idea! Then I wouldn't have to hear any more about bacon or Chuck Norris. You, sir, have my vote for President! (Or Chancellor/Emperor, as it were.)

That's just General Chat on any MMO, you should see some of the stuff that comes out on GW2 or WoW. My server's General is tame compared to them. You need to remember that the average IQ is 100, and when it comes to the gaming community, I think the average scales much lower....

Why do you take general chat serious?

In PvE i ignore chat or troll at it.

In PvP noone says anything else than: "mid" , "snow inc" .. and so on...

and in fleet... well, sometimes peopel troll,sometimes they trade,discuss,spam.. i dont care