I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

I don't think any romance needs to be added to the game. Romance with an NPC is kinda pointless, and rather unfulfilling. Much like kissing your reflection in the mirror.

My disagreement with this particular addition to the game, is more about privacy. The key problem with romantic options with NPCs is the "group factor".

Regardless of how you feel on SGR content, you have no control on these conversation outcomes if someone is grouped with you, and they happen to roll higher on the conversation option.

SGR content, just like ANY romantic option, should be EXCLUSIVE to companion, or single player conversations. Your romantic choices should not be made public, in any way.

Except OGR flirts are already in group conversations. So I guess you'll just have to deal.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your game they may be straight. In my game, the female companions might all be bi or lesbian ! I'll find out if/when they introduce SGRs for current companions. ;)

In your dreams perhaphs.

Doc as a SGR companion....a guy that tries to bang every female I talk to. Yeah...seems legit.

We are playing the same game with the same Companions. Trisha likes men, Doc likes women, Kira likes men, Mako has a crush with the other mando (guy) in your crew....and etc. etc. etc.

The signals are all there....but yeah....keep dreaming :rolleyes:

Edited by Royox

On this short and long list of things the game needs in the coming months.

SGR is not one of them. While I truely think it should have been included at the beginning of the game and should be added at some point since it was not in to start. It's doesn't need to be added in any short amount of time.

It needs to be done right, Not some thrown together dialogue to appease SGR couples and those that are just groupies.

Spend your BW/EA development time on current game issues and much needed content in form of long term play. Get the game running better, get the content people actually play and not some 10 secs dialogue option that fades to black and leaves the rest to imagination (which BTW is the way Hetero scenes work) -

It needs to be in game but it should have been a back burner idea slowly worked on to be right and not just thrown together.

So much else needs to be worked on in the game Vs having a 10 secs dialogue option to make SGR couples feel they got there monies worth.

So much this. Should SGRs be an optional conversation dialogue in the game? Sure. Is it a huge priority at the moment? In my opinion, not really.

So much this. Should SGRs be an optional conversation dialogue in the game? Sure. Is it a huge priority at the moment? In my opinion, not really.

Some people on this thread said it would make a LOT OF PEOPLE to join SWTOR! More people than Space Battles or Swoop Races!

only the protected ones have a voice

Lol'd hard...cause it's true.

Edited by Royox

Some people on this thread said it would make a LOT OF PEOPLE to join SWTOR! More people than Space Battles or Swoop Races!

Straight male gamers are just so oppressed and neglected!

As a Straight Male Gamer, I'm much more interested in SGR than I am in Swoop Races, Space Battles (Or Royox's other favorite - Pazzak)

When Makeb comes out, there will have been SEVEN major content patches and so far NONE of them have ANY content that Bioware has said would be added to the game since before the game was even released.

Over a year of waiting for promised content is long enough.

Statement: Someone quoted one of my posts, but I can't find it. The one that quoted said that BioWare says that a toggle is a form of discrimination against sgr.

I definitely read this as well... and looked extensively for it with no luck... I remember it cuz I was like LOL WOW... so a toggle is discrimination ,.. what next...

Don't like SGR? Then don't have one. You know... The same way you deal with it in real life?

requoted for truth... it doesnt break down any easier than this...

Edited by Kariella
messed up quote tag

I agree with mostly everyone in this thread.

Pay careful attention and you'll notice that despite how comforting it may be to think the majority is on your side, you don't.

BW you need to give reason why you selected this to be over other important things this game needs.

No, demanding the give an explanation for something they haven't done is complete nonsense.

...I am disappointed that this took priority over other developments. The money/staff used to add this could have been put to much better use.

Pretty foolish to waste emotional energy feeling disappointed about how they didn't spend their money better if you can't actually think of an example of how they could have spent it better.

What they're doing with Makeb is what they should have done with the core game: Including SGR from the ground up instead of trying to staple it on afterward, reducing the cost of implementing it to nearly zero.

The resources spent on this are a couple hours of recording time. What could they have done better using that resource? They could not have used it to add new quests, new flash points, or new war zones. They could not have used it to change space combat. They couldn't even have used it to make cosmetic changes to interfaces.

Edited by Tamaranis

I definitely read this as well... and looked extensively for it with no luck... I remember it cuz I was like LOL WOW... so a toggle is discrimination ,.. what next...

requoted for truth... it doesnt break down any easier than this...

Must I really repeat myself? So be it the post you both are referring to was written by me. The reason you can't see it was that it was removed for some reason and I said that it was Bioware's stance that a toggle is discriminatory not my own.

Well, as a right wing Catholic, I definitely can't say I agree with homosexuality in real life. However, I also don't go around killing or torturing people, and I live in this silly country where apparently people who are not me have rights to think and like things I do not like.

Ultimately, these stories are just a form of role playing with NPCs included- which is a nice touch over just RPing with PCs. If I was playing a character like myself- which I don't, but lets say I was- when a character flirts with me I can just ignore it, or I can shoot her if the option's there and I'm playing a dark side character, or rudely turn her down, or kindly turn her down.

I don't torture or kill people IRL, but I do in game and I don't feel like I'm going to become some sort of monster IRL because of it, and frankly I think SGR is considerably less harmful even to children playing the game than deriving pleasure from electrocuting someone painfully or cutting them in half. If you're really worried about your child learning something bad, why are you letting them play a game that allows them to kill people casually, and own a twi'lek slave who you can shock whenever you feel like it?

As for if you're in a group and encounter a SG flirt that a teammate takes- do what you'd do IRL and someone flirts with someone else nearby- be repulsed, accept reality, move on.

I find it rather shocking how many people are so terrified that they might see something that resembles the gay they have to fight for all sorts of barriers to protect themselves from it. If I'm in game and a girl NPC flirts with me, I don't suddenly get scared that I'm going to be less of a woman IRL because of it- it's pretty amazing how hysterical some of the straight people in this thread are. Grow up, accept that not everyone has your beliefs, and learn to deal it. If there's no option to toggle out the ability to torture, kill, or for that matter flirt with straight NPCs for those who are homosexual IRL why should straights be the only one to get that sort of anti-reality bubble?

Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:

• Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.

Why should work on something stop just because it won't benifit everyone?

I do not advocate that work should stop on anything. That would be more wasteful. I am speaking of things that should have been prioritized ahead of SGRs.

Problem is this is a F2P game where paying is optional. So why tick off your current subbed accounts with another sessions of unwanted (by the majority) "content". If you even can call it content, it's the same things we have ingame already pretty much. I guess creativity is dying off....I recall this strange thing called role playing, where people created their own identities for their characters / history; playing how they saw best fit. Just because you didn't have the option in chat doesn't mean some RP person hasn't already done it. :p

Point is I can see where you're coming from in a pay-to-play game, but it's a horrible waste of time and money when paying is optional.

It is likely too late now, but it would be nice if they focused on what the majority of players wanted in the game such as have a monthly or weekly survey on what type of content people wanted in game.

1.)flashpoints

2.) operations

3.) cartel junk

4.) companion content

5.) story

6.) warzones

7.) vanity items

8.) other

^ for an example

Edited by Brimmer

Well, as a right wing Catholic, I definitely can't say I agree with homosexuality in real life. However, I also don't go around killing or torturing people, and I live in this silly country where apparently people who are not me have rights to think and like things I do not like.

Ultimately, these stories are just a form of role playing with NPCs included- which is a nice touch over just RPing with PCs. If I was playing a character like myself- which I don't, but lets say I was- when a character flirts with me I can just ignore it, or I can shoot her if the option's there and I'm playing a dark side character, or rudely turn her down, or kindly turn her down.

I don't torture or kill people IRL, but I do in game and I don't feel like I'm going to become some sort of monster IRL because of it, and frankly I think SGR is considerably less harmful even to children playing the game than deriving pleasure from electrocuting someone painfully or cutting them in half. If you're really worried about your child learning something bad, why are you letting them play a game that allows them to kill people casually, and own a twi'lek slave who you can shock whenever you feel like it?

As for if you're in a group and encounter a SG flirt that a teammate takes- do what you'd do IRL and someone flirts with someone else nearby- be repulsed, accept reality, move on.

I find it rather shocking how many people are so terrified that they might see something that resembles the gay they have to fight for all sorts of barriers to protect themselves from it. If I'm in game and a girl NPC flirts with me, I don't suddenly get scared that I'm going to be less of a woman IRL because of it- it's pretty amazing how hysterical some of the straight people in this thread are. Grow up, accept that not everyone has your beliefs, and learn to deal it. If there's no option to toggle out the ability to torture, kill, or for that matter flirt with straight NPCs for those who are homosexual IRL why should straights be the only one to get that sort of anti-reality bubble?

While I appreciate your response about this. You also mentioned a topic that is against the forum rules so even though you were respectful and I think your opinion is very much valid I would recommend you do not mention any social stances at all as this could warrant action on your post. So again I am not flaming just giving out some advice and caution.

Edited by theUndead

1st Should go all things to make this game to SURVIVE. Then the whims.

SGR is a whim compared to other things this game needs to survive.

Well, I can see how SGRs might help. It's obviously (but sadly) controversial. And controversy sells. Certainly Mass Effect suffered little to no damage over the firestorm over a Fem!Shep romancing Liara. If anything, players were disappointed that there weren't gay male options until ME3.

As for companions that could be SGR? Let's see? Mako might be up for it. Andronikos is a pirate and a bit of a +/- Pazaak card. Ashara's corruptible. Kaliyo's just plain nuts and will do anything that sounds fun. Vector? Things get a little wonky in a Kilik hive - just ask Jaina. Scourge is depraved enough to have tried anything and probably has. Kira and Jaesa could go either way. Tharan is crazy enough to test anything twice (with Holiday's permission). And who knows what goes on between Zenith's lekku?

Edited by Allronix

... corruptible... just plain nuts... depraved enough... crazy enough...
Oh, so THAT'S why they take part in OGRs ! ! ! I was wondering ! ;)

Seriously, though... I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but as a rationale for why some characters might be up for SGR this comes across as a little offensive.

Do we even know if same gender flirt options will differ from opposite gender flirt options? The only difference may very well be who is standing in front of the NPC. In that case, its moot to argue that any significant development time would be involved to add this specific feature.

I agree that BW needs to prioritize better. Maybe fix what's wrong with the game before adding onto it?

Idk but it doesn't make sense to have a weak and faulty foundation for a building and to just keep adding and building on that. Eventually that building comes down.

Fix the problems you already have BW before adding new content with most likely newly added problems.

On a brighter note, all those guys (and you know most of you do this) who play girl toons will no longer be forced to have JUST SGR. (ie.. you will now have avatars of your same RL sex making passes at you too.)

I think it's great people who do not play their same sex in game will have the option not to have ONLY SGR. Just saying, unless you want it that way..

On a brighter note, all those guys (and you know most of you do this) who play girl toons will no longer be forced to have JUST SGR. (ie.. you will now have avatars of your same RL sex making passes at you too.)

I think it's great people who do not play their same sex in game will have the option not to have ONLY SGR. Just saying, unless you want it that way..

I'm a male who played a female Bounty Hunter and had a romance with Torian. I didn't find it disturbing.... it was fun. It's an RPG -- a role playing game! I was playing the role of the female hunter who fell in love with a man. Regular thing, right? Girl falls in love?

I pursued a relationship with Mako on my male hunter. Same thing. I'm not involved with Mako IRL.

It is likely too late now, but it would be nice if they focused on what the majority of players wanted in the game such as have a monthly or weekly survey on what type of content people wanted in game.

1.)flashpoints

2.) operations

3.) cartel junk

4.) companion content

5.) story

6.) warzones

7.) vanity items

8.) other

^ for an example

They ARE focused on those things, so you got what you want.

I agree that BW needs to prioritize better. Maybe fix what's wrong with the game before adding onto it?

Idk but it doesn't make sense to have a weak and faulty foundation for a building and to just keep adding and building on that. Eventually that building comes down.

Fix the problems you already have BW before adding new content with most likely newly added problems.

How far would I have to dig through your post history to find you asking for new flashpoints, operations, warzones or some form of new content, thus invalidating your own suggestion? i'm betting not very far.

Edit: Took 40 seconds.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5692256#post5692256

Oh, so THAT'S why they take part in OGRs ! ! ! I was wondering ! ;)

Seriously, though... I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but as a rationale for why some characters might be up for SGR this comes across as a little offensive.

No kidding. That was pretty bad.

Edited by Caelrie

I'm a male who played a female Bounty Hunter and had a romance with Torian. I didn't find it disturbing.... it was fun. It's an RPG -- a role playing game! I was playing the role of the female hunter who fell in love with a man. Regular thing, right? Girl falls in love?

I pursued a relationship with Mako on my male hunter. Same thing. I'm not involved with Mako IRL.

So you're a man, who pretends you're a women, but you're against SGR? I'm very confused.