Space Combat

Haltermania

You can't 'reload' the total quantity during a single mission, no. However, they do 'reload' as you fire: meaning there's only a few that are loaded at any given time, so you can only fire those quickly (think qty:4). As you fire those, you will 'reload' slowly (feels like 1 per sec). But once that supply is gone, nope, you are out of torpedoes.

Shields - each character really only gets 1 ship, ever. The ships have 'slots' just like you and your companions do, that holds shields, armor, and other various items. You can upgrade them as your character level increases, buying either from vendors or the GTN.

Another note about shields is that they do re-charge in flight, but not while you're shooting. So holding the mouse to shoot is a good move when you have something to shoot at, but be sure you aren't holding the mouse button when your shields are low.

The first upgrade I like to get using fleet comms is the shield/gun recharger (I forget its name). Its about 30 comms. What it does is adds a special ability that lets you send more energy to either guns or shields. What I do is send energy to guns when I need to shoot, and send it to shields when I need to recharge shields quickly between fights.

you will recieve free armor upgrade when you complete the first mission but the other grade 1 upgrades you will need to buy with credits.

In the trade network area their is a vendor that will sell you the upgrades for shields and such