Goodbye

Knewt

Yes....another one of these. You cannot have my stuff. I may want it again someday.

I leaving to play Mass Effect 3, WoW and Diablo 3.

At this point, I'm disappointed in the content variety and the lack of a accessible end game for solo play. Even the beginning Ilum PvE starter quests are much harder than Corellia. At end game, the game seems to lack focus. You can grind you way to better gear in a few weeks.

There needs to be better gating tools to keep the contect fresh longer. Maybe remove the gating as the contect gets older.

Also, after being in WoW where i can pickup a group and go to a dungeon and still do something other; I am disappointed that attempts to get groups result in spamming fleet for a group.

Last, your combat log decision is baffling. You have not committed to having a log in game. This is horrible. I want to look back at my log and see who I died or what I did to make it a close call. I really don't want to use a third party tool just to figure out what I'm doing as a player. Further, not covering the entire group in the external game log is a frustrating design. This game may not fully support elite games, but it should make better efforts. The world firsts race are always entertaining and create positive press for Blizzard.

Finally, I didn't expect you to take all of WoW's systems and copy them. I did expect you to look at their successes and failures and try learn from them. You seem to make many of the same mistakes and didn't know how to get out of them until things were out of control. You needed to do more listening in beta and you need to severely improve your testing systems and protocols.

Yes....another one of these. You cannot have my stuff. I may want it again someday.

At this point, I'm disappointed in the content variety and the lack of a accessible end game for solo play. .

Goodluck and all the best, hopefully BW will cone to realize they are alienating a section of the community and will come to see things differently. I wish I could say you'll be the only one but I believe it will become a growing concern for BW considering all the trouble they went to to attract solo players.

Hope to see you back in a few months when changes are made.

I agree with your points on the combat log /parse. I really want to see what I'm doing on a boss encounter, learn from DPS drops, find out what killed me if I die "mysteriously," etc.

I wish you well back in WoW, ME3, and D3. I'm hoping that as the game develops, many of the things you list will come to TOR. Until then, we'll be here waiting for you, keeping the game alive until such time as you come back.

Good travels.

At this point, I'm disappointed in the content variety and the lack of a accessible end game for solo play. Even the beginning Ilum PvE starter quests are much harder than Corellia. At end game, the game seems to lack focus. You can grind you way to better gear in a few weeks.

There needs to be better gating tools to keep the contect fresh longer. Maybe remove the gating as the contect gets older.

Also, after being in WoW where i can pickup a group and go to a dungeon and still do something other; I am disappointed that attempts to get groups result in spamming fleet for a group.

Last, your combat log decision is baffling. You have not committed to having a log in game. This is horrible. I want to look back at my log and see who I died or what I did to make it a close call. I really don't want to use a third party tool just to figure out what I'm doing as a player. Further, not covering the entire group in the external game log is a frustrating design. This game may not fully support elite games, but it should make better efforts. The world firsts race are always entertaining and create positive press for Blizzard.

Finally, I didn't expect you to take all of WoW's systems and copy them. I did expect you to look at their successes and failures and try learn from them. You seem to make many of the same mistakes and didn't know how to get out of them until things were out of control. You needed to do more listening in beta and you need to severely improve your testing systems and protocols.

lack of a accessible end game for solo play.

Ok, stop right there.

WHAT? No, really, what? Gearing out in this game is incredibly easy. I did it with 3 hours of play over the course of two days! I'm sorry, but maybe you should go look up specs and rotations for your class. Because, really...NO!

(Hint: PVP gear isn't the best in game for PVE but it does give you a nice stat boost at 50. Seriously...just...this dumbfounded me.)

the beginning Ilum PvE starter quests are much harder than Corellia.

Makes sense to me. But yes, I understand; you want an easier game - even tho' SWTOR is hardly difficult.

At end game, the game seems to lack focus. You can grind you way to better gear in a few weeks.

Last time I played WoW (bringing it up since it was one of your picks) it was pretty much this. Perhaps easier.

While a LFG system (ps: We have a weak one. pss: improved one is coming~) does bring a nice utility - by joining a friendly, active Guild I manage to do content without spamming the fleet.

..combat log..

It is coming as well. Outside of the game, but yeah, will let you "improve as a Player". I simply won't hear it in first person ingame when you feel the urge to flash your e-peen from doing 30 dps more than all the rest of the group.

Further, not covering the entire group in the external game log is a frustrating design.

Agree that it might be annoying for hardcore guild leaders. Yet.. I'm sure they'll find a way, even if it's sending a copy of the log to the "big boss" . (assuming that is doable.)

Finally, I didn't expect you to take all of WoW's systems and copy them. I did expect you to look at their successes and failures and try learn from them. You seem to make many of the same mistakes and didn't know how to get out of them until things were out of control.

Maybe these "key" systems are taking longer to be applied because.. they have to be created first?

Naa; I'm sure Bioware asked Blizzard for a copy of these already and are just mocking us by not pressing the Release-Now button. /Sarcasm

Comments in blue'ish.

This said - hope you find the game that suits your needs. :) Goodbye, as the title says.

Edited by Dharkeon

WoW didn't actually come up with anything new, it got it's ideas from other MMOs that came before it. All it did was make an MMO more accessible for casual players.

Hey folks,

We do thank people for taking the time out to post about issues and concerns about the game. We do read it, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.

That being said, feedback about specific issues should whenever possible be placed into the proper subforum. For example, there are existing threads in the Suggestion Box forum where discussions about some of these concerns are being had:

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

We'll be closing this thread, but do encourage folks to post constructive feedback about the game in future threads. Thanks for your understanding!