Did I hear this right?

Uluain

A long time ago, they said they'd add it into the game. Timescale is probably unknown even to the devs though. There was a big hooplah about it back when they announced it - a bunch of organizations all upset that a Star Wars game would incorporate same gender romance.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye couldnt agree more (with your somewhat confusing 'is he being poorly sarcastic' comment.

The game needs to focus on not-stupid stuff like same gender romance.

who really cares, deep down .. wouldnt you rather have a fixed and fun game rather than see two women kissing in a computer game. This is why people get so mad with Bio and quit their game, their focus isnt where it should be .. which is to respond to the majority of players .... not the minority.

please BIO, please concentrate on important stuff like game content/bug fixes/new races .. please dont spend any time on this foolish waste of resources, dont become blizzard. Please?

Nooooooo doubt. Please, if it happens, yippy skippy. I'd rather Bioware use their resources upping content rather than dude on dude or chick on chick. I mean, are in-game romances what drive people? You log in with your Juggernaut and hope beyond hope Vette digs you? Seriously? I say, shock that Twi'lek and move on to more important things...like actually playing the game.

And as said many, many times by many, many people, Bioware needs to prioritize and listen to the masses. Once they take care of what the majority of people want, move on to the next and so on.

Peace out.

the community has also asked for many gameplay enhancements that need to be down long before a romance change of any kind, ie advanced class dual spec, hood on/off, etc. as for shadows, my understanding is that that not only improves the graphics quality (of which there have been many complaints and requests for improvement) it also makes it possible to use shadows on the lower end systems, of which there have been requests for increased performance for lower end systems. So yes the community has asked for better shadows.

the community has also asked for many gameplay enhancements that need to be down long before a romance change of any kind, ie advanced class dual spec, hood on/off, etc. as for shadows, my understanding is that that not only improves the graphics quality (of which there have been many complaints and requests for improvement) it also makes it possible to use shadows on the lower end systems, of which there have been requests for increased performance for lower end systems. So yes the community has asked for better shadows.

Your saying more people asked for better shadows than SGR? :rolleyes:

And like I said before, I consider the story element of SWTOR the reason I play it over other games (along with a few others, of course). If you'd rather play an MMO that doesn't focus on story, there's tons of those already out there.

Besides, all signs point to them having done a lot of work on it already. Doubt they're just gonna scrap what they've done so far. THAT would be a waste of resources and time. IMO they can find a balance of game enhancements and story content along with the usual MMO stuff (OP's, FP's, WZ's, etc).

Edited by odericko

So then .. unless they "rollback" all romance-able character's conversations .. are people really going to make entirely new characters and level them up past 40 or so JUST for a couple seconds of dialogue and innuendo?

That kind of obsession is a little disturbing.

So then .. unless they "rollback" all romance-able character's conversations .. are people really going to make entirely new characters and level them up past 40 or so JUST for a couple seconds of dialogue and innuendo?

With that thought process they shouldn't make lower level content period.

I'm sure I remember them saying that they would not just add this gratuitously or suddenly make existing companions bisexual. If I remember correctly, when they announced that same gender romances would be a possibility in the future, they were talking in terms of adding new companions.

Absolutely agree!!!!

Your post is making the rather dubious assumption that there will never be any new players and that no existing player will ever create a new character.

Your post is making the rather dubious assumption that there will never be any new players and that no existing player will ever create a new character.

Shh...don't bring sensible logic into this. They don't like that.

Edited by odericko

Who are the ones clamouring for same gender romances? People not playing the game or people playing the game currently?

Who are the ones clamouring for same gender romances? People not playing the game or people playing the game currently?

Does it matter? Like he said, your making the broad assumption that people already playing won't make new characters and that every new player (and those that are waiting for F2P) isn't interested in SGR. You'd be wrong on both fronts.

I myself have only a 50 Bounty Hunter and leveling a Sith Warrior atm. After that I plan on switching to the Republic and making a few over there.

Edited by odericko

I'm sure I remember them saying that they would not just add this gratuitously or suddenly make existing companions bisexual. If I remember correctly, when they announced that same gender romances would be a possibility in the future, they were talking in terms of adding new companions.

I think that was their original plan, but I can't see how this would ever get done now with their seemingly very limited resources. We already have five companions, six for those that will get HK-47. The last thing this game needs is more companions, especially if the primary purpose is to add the SGR. I certainly don't want them to go the cheap, lazy and dumb route and make all romance companions bi a la Dragon Age 2.

I like the romance that's in the game now (I play a story and in my story, the hero gets the girl) but don't care to see SGRs added. If they do, the best option is probably an NPC character on the side.

Edit: if they add it through more companions, I won't complain, but I think resources would be better spent elsewhere.

Edited by RAVM

On the scale from 1 to 10 for priority. This is like 40 in importance.

Can not believe they are wasting time on developing this. :mad:

^ This, so very very much this ^

Howsabout we fix the real issues with this game before wasting time and resources on things like, oh, facial expressions and sgr nonsense.

IMO, those that are saying it's a "waste of resources" holds no merit. I'd bet more of the games population would go through the SGR content while leveling an alt or new player leveling the first time than the amount of people who would ever attempt hard/nightmare mode OP's or maybe OP's in general, yet you don't hear that they were a waste of resources. Just because you won't play through the content doesn't mean (there was a poll of WoW players on less than half raided, and that's I'd say SWTOR is even lower considering the game is story based) it's a waste. I'm pretty sure bug fixes and such are being worked on as well, they can't just forego all content to squash bugs this early in the game's life. Edited by odericko

Does it matter? Like he said, your making the broad assumption that people already playing won't make new characters and that every new player (and those that are waiting for F2P) isn't interested in SGR. You'd be wrong on both fronts.

I myself have only a 50 Bounty Hunter and leveling a Sith Warrior atm. After that I plan on switching to the Republic and making a few over there.

I never said or even alluded to that. I said that people being so focused on one tiny, inconsequential tidbit is a little disturbing.

If it matters that much to someone who their character is blackscreen-shagging with ...?

Yeah, I get it, MMORPG but that sounds more like trying to deal with real-life issues through a video game. Or something. I dont understand it at all.

Besides, really, you dont RP your characters as the one doing all the ingame activities. That just does not work. ' "Oh, hi there Darth Joe. How are you and your Twi'lek slave-wife?" "Just fine, Darth Steve, just fine. How are you and *your* Twi'lek slave-wife doing?" "Great, thanks for asking Darth Steve. Oh, Hey! Hi there Darth Barney, how are you and your Twi'lek slave-wife doing this fine day?"

>_>

I never said or even alluded to that. I said that people being so focused on one tiny, inconsequential tidbit is a little disturbing.

I'd say that was a pretty heavy hint towards it.

If it matters that much to someone who their character is blackscreen-shagging with

Another assumption that's wrong. I don't care who's shagging with who, I just want more story content in general, and if it's fleshing out companions as well I'm all for it. Seeing as they have been working on this feature a long time already, they might as well finish it.

Edited by odericko

^ This, so very very much this ^

Howsabout we fix the real issues with this game before wasting time and resources on things like, oh, facial expressions and sgr nonsense.

Because that would make gaming sense, which I don't think there is much of around here for this development team.

A sad truth.

Because that would make gaming sense, which I don't think there is much of around here for this development team.

A sad truth.

Who says they aren't fixing things? Who says the team that is working on SGR is cutting into the bug fixing team? Who says they're even qualified to do anything else besides story content? We don't know, so we can't claim bad "gaming sense".

Good gaming sense would have a balanced approach on story content, endgame content, and quality of life improvements/bug fixes.

Edited by odericko

Um... I was just asking if Gabe A's remark was factual, as he seemed less that certain. Story guru Hall Hood has affirmed it is, in fact, the official word.

Same-gender content is coming, and as matters stand now is coming with Makeb.