Out of curiosity, what is considered a rare CC item?

MidichIorian

In this case, it's the purple item. It's a pet; some people will pay good money for those.

Edit: Oh, wait; I'm sorry. That looks like a companion gift, actually. Still, that's your rare. Sadly, sometimes the rare just isn't a good one.

Edited by nateslice

this is why I dont buy cartel packs. Most of the time they are a *********** joke. guaranteed "rare" my ***. Why they put resources and companion gifts in there to piss people off is beyond me. I can get those for 3k credits and a 30 minute companion mission.

A rare can be something incredible pricy, or something extremely annoying.

Possible rares include:

- companion gifts (mostly useless, as maxing your companions is easy and also the item is a consumable)

- jawagram (not only are they more comical than worthwhile, they are also consumable)

- emotes

- pets

Since there are a lot more "rares" which I qualify as "filler", than rares that are actually worth that naming, I stopped buying cartel packs at all. I also do no longer buy them for credits off of other players, since I do boycot the whole cartel-paket-market for as long as I am getting rubbish as "rare".

The write up for the packs mentions two rare bonus items, but that's not quite right though, is it? What you see here is actually five slots. Your cartel pack will 'roll' an item in each of those slots. Two slots are for bonus items, one for a boost, one for a gift, and one for a stack of crafting material. It's always those five slots.

Now, in each slots there are objects which are 'common' and 'rare' as indicated by the gold emblem your cartel item will get. Those gold emblems are what they call a 'super rare' but in fact it's the rare drop as all other items are more common. Again, this is true for each individual slot. So the OP rolled two very common items. He did, however, roll a rare in his gift slot. It's just luck of the draw (or roll in this case)

What's more frustrating is the common jawagrams that make it look like you just rolled a 'rare' but these show up so much they have to be common.

People pay ridiculous amounts of money for pets. Im not sure why. But Ive made more money from selling pets (because of how many ive sold for 100k plus) than I have from selling the other stuff from the cartel in total. Gotta love vanity, ya know?