Serious Imbalance

spanthegnome

I can't speak to your server but It's defiantly a team game, The same has been true in Ground PvP forever cetains factions are sometimes way stronger. Not sure what you want anyone to do. Best advice out there is Server transfer, I know it's **** advice but that's all you can do atm.

There will be more game modes that may treat your faction better, same with another ship class.

A quick fix is to log over to an opposite faction alt and queue GSF on that character!

But, this isn't an "imbalance" that the devs can fix. What should they do? It sounds like all your matches were versus premades or just the good opposite faction players were playing, or none of the same faction guys.

Out of 45 games played I've won 5 times. So either imperial side has lots of bad players or there is an imbalance. Last match the score was 0-1000. It was a straight out slaughter. GSF won't survive if one side is always winning.

Yeah my server is the same. I have pub and imp toons on it and pub almost always wins and imp almost always loses...I mean seriously lose like 3 capped! I think they are just bad. Only thing really unbalanced imo is the 1 shot gunships! :mad:

O So either imperial side has lots of bad players or there is an imbalance.

The Imperial side has a lot of bad players.

Match after match after match, I watch people make the same poor decisions.

Several times, I've gotten the highest damage at ~21k and am the only one with objective points over 100. I've been in games where the highest kill count on my side was 2.

Edited by MCaliban

Much of the time on Harbinger the Imps are completely brutal. I had an 8 fighter battle yesterday on Imp side where 5 of the 8 fighters had zero kills and zero medals... Not even sure how that is even possible.

That said, there are some really good Imp pilots as well on Harbinger and it kind of goes in waves, after loosing for a couple straight hours, we then won many in a row when all the good pilots showed up.

I normally play mostly on my Republic toons, but yesterday wanted to get some XP for a couple low level Imp alts. On Harbinger overall the Republic is much, much better than Imp side though.

I can report that the Shadowlands Imperial solo queue is like this a lot. I hope when more people come back after the holidays it evens out again. Right when GSF hit live the matches were more even.

I'm on Shadowlands and have played in over 350 matches, with roughly 2/3 of those on the Republic side and 1/3 on Empire. I almost always win on the Republic side except for when its Republic vs Republic. Even when I lose on Republic side, the matches are typically competitive. When I play Empire, I almost always lose and the matches tend to be blowouts. No idea why the Empire sucks so bad in space PVP because in the ground PVP warzones Empire usually wins.

I'm on Shadowlands and have played in over 350 matches, with roughly 2/3 of those on the Republic side and 1/3 on Empire. I almost always win on the Republic side except for when its Republic vs Republic. Even when I lose on Republic side, the matches are typically competitive. When I play Empire, I almost always lose and the matches tend to be blowouts. No idea why the Empire sucks so bad in space PVP because in the ground PVP warzones Empire usually wins.

because we use the schwartz.

So either imperial side has lots of bad players or there is an imbalance.

Both sides are flying exactly the same ships(except for looks). So there is no "either or". The imperial side has lots of bad players, period.

And let me use this opportunity to call out to all good pilots, go play your alts on the other side of the fence if you see the enemy is constantly doing badly (i do!);)

And let me use this opportunity to call out to all good pilots, go play your alts on the other side of the fence if you see the enemy is constantly doing badly (i do!);)

I think it is more fun to play against good players anyway than bashing first timers. So I totally agree with you.

Several times, I've gotten the highest damage at ~21k and am the only one with objective points over 100. I've been in games where the highest kill count on my side was 2.

I was in a match last night where the highest kill count on my side was ONE. At least it was my kill. Still, completely pathetic and embarrassing.

Anecdotal observation: the pubs are getting better, or possibly the imps (myself included) are getting worse. My personal records are 21 kills and 23 assists (different matches), which I got about two weeks ago. I used to consistently hit 30k damage. But I haven't gotten within a country mile of any of those numbers in at least a week. I've been getting 5-6 kills/assists and under 20k damage regardless of the ship I use.

It's a team game, so I'm assuming (hoping) that I'm not personally the problem... but it is more than a little discouraging.

if you're on JC it's just a bunch of disorganized Lone Wolves on Imperial side... often i'll get 2 maybe 3 people working a strategy before the round begins only for everyone else to ignore it and go all cowboy... several times we'd say something like "take C & B ignore A, don't spread thin" only for me to see green dots heading to all 3 locations, spreading thin so we can be picked off easier... i blame those that can't cap and hold for every loss... kill-count isn't everything, this is supposed to be a team effort...

if you're on JC it's just a bunch of disorganized Lone Wolves on Imperial side... often i'll get 2 maybe 3 people working a strategy before the round begins only for everyone else to ignore it and go all cowboy... several times we'd say something like "take C & B ignore A, don't spread thin" only for me to see green dots heading to all 3 locations, spreading thin so we can be picked off easier... i blame those that can't cap and hold for every loss... kill-count isn't everything, this is supposed to be a team effort...

Exactly this, and I am indeed on JC. I often suggest focusing on 2, only to be totally ignored. So irritating.

On shadowlands mostly imp side also and yeah gsf can be REALLY noncompetitive. I can count at least 5 times in matches i been in were imps lost this week with only single digits. It really is amazing when you die go to re spawn and watch the rest of your team get wiped out before you have the chance to even get back in it Edited by Applejacxs
added something

Why are you losing? Very very simple answer. Well two.

1. Your team is playing it as if it was a deathmatch. This means you are GUARANTEED to lose.

2. No teamwork, no communication, no defence.

Watch when you play. You'll have 3-4 team members guarding a satellite. 2 enemy will come in. Your team will destroy 1 of them, and ALL of them will chase the 1 ship that remains. This leaves the sat completely unguarded and a lone scout comes in and caps. Meanwhile, your team are 15-20k away trying in vain to kill this lone enemy. More enemy go to support the scout at the sat and the entire match has just changed. All because you had 3-4 idiots on your team who thought 1 kill outweighed the benefits of a capped sat.

OMG Vein Kills that's what we will call it then and yes I agree. I am more often then not the target of atleast 3-5 pilots all the time because of who I am and the guild I run on pot 5 but it is not therefault it is because they know we come to win.if I get multi people trying to kill me I fly them around long enough for my team or even pugs to cap because when you got a few chaseing 1 it handicaps there team drasticly and it is the best offence to ones who are hell bent on killing a known name.That 1 tactic wins a lotof matches for us and by the time for the rest of the pilots to cap at will and usually ends up in a 3 cap when they do that.

faction win/loss is not a imbalance of the game, that is just down the people that play it.

on red eclipse I would say its fairly even, some nights we trash the republic teams and some nights they do better than us.

its a team game and if you have 8/12 individual players you will lose, but at the same time 1 person can change the tide of a fight.

problem some are having is quitters very early on, GSF is not like normal ground pvp, this morning had a game that started seriously bad and in 1st minute we had 2 quitters, at this point it was 150 - 650 ish we turned it around and actually won, I see this a lot happening.

other problem is people sat in staging area not actually going into the battle, GSF don't kick you like normal pvp. hope this is changed.

I know there are a few of us that when the matches get silly, hop over the Imp side and play our Imp toons.

On Harbinger, the Pub side is so much better than the Imp side that the blowouts can get pretty ludicrous. I've seen some really good pilots on Imp side also watch as most of their team kill hunt while leaving objectives to be captured and end up doing nothing well.

I had on 8 person match Imp side one time where 5 of the 8 pilots got no kills and no medals of any sort 0-0... Not sure how that is even possible.

It's funny, the day this thread comes up, I end up having a few of the best GSF matches I've participated in to date, including one that ended 1000-998 (in my team's favor). Tonight the imps just seemed to have it together. Mostly. Except for one game we lost by 900 points.

My conclusion is that there are just fewer team players on the imp side, at least on my server. But on those rare occasions when those few team players happen to get thrown into a match together, we're perfectly capable of beating a decent pub team.

Yup. Shadowlands is very unbalanced. Pub premades dominate on weekends and holidays. They typically win by over 900 points. It's terrible.

Then you're on a bad server/faction.

I play Pub side on Harbinger and occasionally Imp side but Pub is my main. I play each ship for their x2 bonus then focus on my Scout because I love that ship's maneuverability as well as its hit and run style of play.

I focus Gunships. They can kill me in 1 or 2 shots if I don't see them but if I'm on them they die. I keep a mental roster at the beginning of the game which enemy is playing a Gunship and even wait after the initial spawn to enter the fray to see if someone waits to switch to Gunship. Two Gunships side by side and one usually kills me while I focus the other but one of them will die.

Persistence can be the key to winning. It's not that there is an imbalance between the ships of Pub/Imp but the ability of the player, and persistence.