Yo, BW, put out a date for Gree Event returning.

BurnedRemains

The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.

The bigger question is why are these limits so low? You're ditching a ton of commendation types and yet you're cutting the commendation limits down from 1k to 200 or less?

This feels like punishment for people who enjoy playing a single toon - a lot.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Double feedback! Thank you Bioware team. I had to read it twice to validate I was seeing INFO. :)

It's nice to see the level of communication increasing. (Keep up the good work)

Good to know about the Gold Scalene and even better on the Planetary Caps.

SUGGESTION: Increase the Planetary CAP still. Seems pretty low still. (Maybe double?)

The bigger question is why are these limits so low? You're ditching a ton of commendation types and yet you're cutting the commendation limits down from 1k to 200 or less?

This feels like punishment for people who enjoy playing a single toon - a lot.

The planetary commendations are the lower level stuff. The Classic com storage cap is 800, the Basic com cap is 400, and the Elite and Ultimate storage cap is 300.

You allow more than 50 comms per planet right now, but after patch you're limiting it to 50 accross all planets. That makes no sense. The number is way too low and it doesn't "discourage hording" if there is nothing to spend the comms on. Many of us come back to use these comms to buy mods when we roll alts, but we don't know ahead of time which mods we might use in the future. I see no positives to such a low cap and only negatives.

Hi folks!

To piggyback a bit on what Eric's announced above with regards to Scalene Armor in patch 1.7.2:

In addition to removing Golden Scalene Armor with the next patch, your feedback prompted us to reduce the level requirement on all Cosmetic Galactic Reputation rewards to level 10. This includes Voss Ambassador's, Hyperspace Hotshot, Section Guardian, and all Scalene Armor.

In making this change, testing revealed that the Golden Scalene Armor's level requirement was also raised from 1 to 10. This means that players wearing the armor who are under level 10 won't get any benefit from the armor until the bug is fixed (we plan to deploy the fix with the patch following 1.7.2). We'll be sure this makes it on the Known Issues after the patch, but we wanted to let everyone know about this now. That way, if this will affect you and you're so inclined, you can hop on and level your characters to 10 before we deploy the patch! :tran_cool:

One final related thing I wanted to slip in for anyone who didn't see my post here. Companion Characters will be able to wear Reputation gear after Patch 1.7.2.

Please remember that testing can always prove to delay things, so if any of this changes, I'll let you know.

I have a question about the Gold Scalene; will we ever see it again after it is removed from the Cartel shop? I don't have enough coins sadly and I'm not buying any soon sadly, so am I beat haha? :p:confused:

======

I was looking forward to the Gold Scalene armor to add to my collection of the other 3, but when I heard it was Cartel only it made me a bit sad - maybe an alternate version for Gree Legend status?

You allow more than 50 comms per planet right now, but after patch you're limiting it to 50 accross all planets. That makes no sense. The number is way too low and it doesn't "discourage hording" if there is nothing to spend the comms on. Many of us come back to use these comms to buy mods when we roll alts, but we don't know ahead of time which mods we might use in the future. I see no positives to such a low cap and only negatives.

The game from 1-50 in patch 2.0 will be easier as you can use your planetary comms on any planet , so they had to have a limit on it of some value. 50 is a little low but it does encourage you to spend them more often than now. You do realise that you can even buy Makeb planetary mods with the same comms right ? They are 15 and 20 comms each for mods , I forget what level they are maybe about level 52 , so if they allowed us to keep our 700 comms on a single character it would be a little unfair as they could just get a whole bunch of cool items instantly. At least now I can use my 75 Ord Mantel comms on coreillia or even Makeb mods.

Just remember to spend a few comms before you start playing when 2.0 goes live , I suspect we will need to get our total back under the 50 mark from whatever amount we have at 100 or below , good times follow.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

A week from this upcoming Tuesday you mean right? Or in 2 weeks rather.

A week this Tuesday , so on the 19th of March. Yeah even the people who spent over the weekly 12 k will get to legend at the same time as the rest of us :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hi folks!

To piggyback a bit on what Eric's announced above with regards to Scalene Armor in patch 1.7.2:

In addition to removing Golden Scalene Armor with the next patch, your feedback prompted us to reduce the level requirement on all Cosmetic Galactic Reputation rewards to level 10. This includes Voss Ambassador's, Hyperspace Hotshot, Section Guardian, and all Scalene Armor.

Companion Characters will be able to wear Reputation gear after Patch 1.7.2.

Please remember that testing can always prove to delay things, so if any of this changes, I'll let you know.

Awesome news!!! Level 10 is great for new toons!!! :D Plus, companions too!!! :eek:

• Dev Post
I have a question about the Gold Scalene; will we ever see it again after it is removed from the Cartel shop? I don't have enough coins sadly and I'm not buying any soon sadly, so am I beat haha? :p:confused:

======

I was looking forward to the Gold Scalene armor to add to my collection of the other 3, but when I heard it was Cartel only it made me a bit sad - maybe an alternate version for Gree Legend status?

I cannot give you a concrete yes or no unfortunately. But, we always reserve the right to bring an item back :rak_03:

Just remember to spend a few comms before you start playing when 2.0 goes live , I suspect we will need to get our total back under the 50 mark from whatever amount we have at 100 or below , good times follow.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

few? How's about 400+? I "hoarded" them for my horde of alts that will be coming "soon".

Can you say I am feeling messed over.... :(

few? How's about 400+? I "hoarded" them for my horde of alts that will be coming "soon".

Can you say I am feeling messed over.... :(

I must say I do feel rushed in spending my comms too one of my characters had 700+ , I bought the cargo bay legacy perk with my stipend. So I could store a whole bunch of mods for various characters even a coming soon character ( someone else is holding them for her ). I guess games do evolve and is it possible you could get to your first cargo bay and buy the 2nd one for 40 k , then send some comms for that alt ? I know again you are rushed a bit like I was before the server merge and now too. Good luck though , the armoring mods are the most important , you don't even really need the mod or enhancement for low levels below 20 or so.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Alright, I have an answer for ya, I even come bearing details! The answer to the first part is that, as you know, you will have a cap of 50 Planetary Commendations. The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.

Hope that clears it up! Nice work chuixupu on trying to clear it up as well as that had "part" of the answer. Go team!

-eric

why not just let us keep any comms that go over the cap limit? i havnt been following the planet specific comms to planetary comms transfer, so sorry if i ask a repeated question, but, does one hutta comm equal one planetary comm or does it require multiple hutta comms to be changed to a planetary comm?

so for example does it go:

8hutta:7DK/bal:6nar/tat:5ald: etc... so if you had 16 hutta comms that would transfer to 2 planetary comms

or is it like:

1:1:1:1:1 so 8 hutta comms would equal 8 planetary comms

sorry if that seems confusing to read

As part of this I wanted to make you all aware of the fact that along with the Gree Event coming back, the Golden Scalene Armor is going to be removed from the store at the same time, but that armor could always come back at a later date!

I strongly suggest you update the cartel market's description (maybe put a note about it on the launcher as well) during next maintenance. If something's only available for a limited time, which the Golden Scalene now is, people should be made aware of the fact so they can act accordingly.

50 is too low imo. Especially seeing as we're getting them all consolidated in to one currency. Not asking for 1000 or anything like that, but even 100 wouldn't be so bad, imo.

Realy it doesn't matter 1st there is no weekly cap and I think the most expensive thing to buy is around 40 comms (the makeb stuff) and since you can keep them since you start getting them which can be as early as level 1, it gives you incentive to go out and use them. Note you can still buy that end game mod at level 10 on the fleet

Skodan 1 any planet com = 1 plantery com

Edited by KagatoTheThird

your feedback prompted us to reduce the level requirement on all Cosmetic Galactic Reputation rewards to level 10.

Great news, but my low level BH has lost her two week chance to wear the white champion outfit to make everyone JEALOUS! :p

Seriously though, thank you for showing you listen, it means a ton.

Edited by BobaScott
WEAR not WHERE - GOSH

How about we activate it on PTS atleast so I can get my legacy saber and gear myself for PvP????? Or make the helixes legacy bound on PTS. Either way.......but have it done by the time I get home from work. :p

T minus 2 h 30 m

Indeed, not having Grey helixes legacy bound was a huge mistake.

My Commando will never use that crappy reskin of the WH cannon...BW took effort to not give that one AC a new wep while everyone else did. :rolleyes:

I strongly suggest you update the cartel market's description (maybe put a note about it on the launcher as well) during next maintenance. If something's only available for a limited time, which the Golden Scalene now is, people should be made aware of the fact so they can act accordingly.

Could motivate people to make impulse buys, prompting more cash purchases of cartel coins. Seems like a good idea for Bioware.

Realy it doesn't matter 1st there is no weekly cap and I think the most expensive thing to buy is around 40 comms (the makeb stuff) and since you can keep them since you start getting them which can be as early as level 1, it gives you incentive to go out and use them. Note you can still buy that end game mod at level 10 on the fleet

Skodan 1 any planet com = 1 plantery com

I see we approach the game from completely opposite POV's

Your eye seems to be on the "prize", i.e. "end game".

I however am enjoying the trip, in my own fashion. For example I have a group of toons(4) on Hoth. They enjoyed themselves on Tattoinine for about 138+ coms. Then Balmorra(they be reps) for 147+. Quesh for 50+, Hoth now for 60+. All those numbers are for each toon, not cumulative.

The alt train will continue with another group of 4 AFTER the first group reaches 50(maybe now 55, thoughts in process on that). The second group were going to be "financed" com wise by the first groups efforts, making the trip to 50/55 somewhat easier.

So I will(would have) USED the com's and don't have to be "incentivevised" by some paranoid government agency.

Now it is taking me about an hour average to "fix" the "problem" I didn't create. As I have several "groups" on different servers, this fix will take me about 16 hrs., sigh. :(

So it does "matter".

Great, so the scalene set I spent a week outfitting with level 45 purple components for a low-level alt to look forward to is now a silly waste of time. Why am I always punished for following the rules and doing things early?

Edited by NoDayLkeDoomsday

Alright, I have an answer for ya, I even come bearing details! The answer to the first part is that, as you know, you will have a cap of 50 Planetary Commendations. The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.

Hope that clears it up! Nice work chuixupu on trying to clear it up as well as that had "part" of the answer. Go team!

-eric

Eric,

Once you are sure of the new comm allowances and such, could we get a post of all various comms currently on live and what they will become under 2.0 along with max amount of each allowed. There are alot of folks who never come to the forums and when this goes live if they are not given a list and warned early enough to do something about it they going to be mad.

I have been working to keep my guild updated but would be great if we had one post with all the information.

thanks

Burt

If you already have this posted I apologize but havent found it yet.