Armortech for commando?

faswojo

I was hoping for a little direction here. I have done the biotech before and I was hoping armortech might be good for the trooper/commando. What are the best professions for my commando?

Thanks!

Edited by faswojo

I was hoping for a little direction here. I have done the biotech before and I was hoping armortech might be good for the trooper/commando. What are the best professions for my commando?

Thanks!

Troopers are the best suited class for Armormech due to the +5 Crit bonus on one of your companions.

Commando here, Armormech crafter, PvE primary...

If you keep it in line with your level (not that difficult), it's a perfect match for the class imo. The craftable armour is far superior to planet mission and class drops on level. If, like me, you go through the whole planet quest lines you'll usually have superior armour to the planetary commendations as well.

Wouldn't say it's going to make you money though, but for an easy route to keeping your gear up to date it's suitable. Most of the stuff you need is found in the field as well, and a few from droid enemies. The only things I ever need to 'mission' for are rare metals (Underworld trading) and fluxes (Scavenging).

Does that help?

take it as you can make good blue gear for both yourself and your companions as you level. (except the droid)

also at end game you can make your own augments.

it still is the easiest means to make augment kits too.

Personally, I'd recommend Cybertech for troopers. The supporting skills are Scavenging and Underworld training, and one of you comps has a +5 crit bonus for Scavenging, which is very useful. There is also a ship droid upgrade that gives +5 crit to Cybertech, and the combination of these crit bonuses make Cybertech a good choice for a Trooper. When it comes to crew skills, the + crit bonuses are far more useful than the efficiency bonuses. The ship droid upgrade is obtained through the ship repair droid, which is unlocked via the legacy tab. If you don't want to pay for the ship repair droid, you can group up w/ someone who has it unlocked and access it on their ship.

Cybertech is awesome because once you have a full set of orange gear, you can keep upgrading all your (and your companion's) armorings and mods. All that leaves are enhancements, and since they only cost 2 planetary commendations each, it is trivial to keep your armor up to date. Orange armor with blue mods of your level will far outperform any gear you acquire from drops or mission rewards.