Can women have more then one choice with OGR please?

DarthRamette

You're not the only one.

Back when I was browsing the Dragon Age: Origins forums, there were really huge posts gushing about Alistair. It was very very cringeworthy to read. They gush about Alistair like as if he was real. No he's not, he's just a character in a computer game.

Gushing about Brad Pitt or George Clooney I can understand, heck even bring in Robert Pattison. But a video game character that just says the same old stuff?

I really liked Alistair in DA:O, i think it was his voice and the way he treated your character. Then I saw the guy who voiced him and wasn't so keen :)...How shallow is that ? :p

Doesn't really matter who my trooper can or can't romance because Sgt. Jaxo will always have his heart.

That being said, I really have to concur that the relationship choices across the board are pretty suck. Andronikus is the only female character option I'm familiar with, and honestly, I would have rather romanced Khem! I think my male bounty hunter defaulted to Mako, but for 99% of the story she felt much more like a kid sister than a wife.

Actually, now that I think about this, I think the title should be changed to "Can imperials have more than one choice with OGR please?". I don't have as much republic experience, but I'm looking forward to Elara Dorne with my trooper (that is if i can bring myself to cheat on Jaxo... yeah yeah, i know, nothing serious there, but it's super serious in my mind).

I agree Jaxo SHOULD have been the Companion but Once you get past Elaras rigid exterior she is a most devoted wife/companion. I eventually was quite taken with her. Jaxo is the best romance story to date.

I agree Jaxo SHOULD have been the Companion but Once you get past Elaras rigid exterior she is a most devoted wife/companion. I eventually was quite taken with her. Jaxo is the best romance story to date.

That just shows how bad the romance in this game is, when an average fleeting one with Jaxo is considered the 'best'.

I can only really comment on the quality of the Elara romance, but I really enjoyed it. Jorgan is...boring as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I would probably think Elara was boring if I hadn't seen the romance conversations where she loosened up so who knows?

Am I the only one who finds romancing companions kind of creepy? I mean, in the case of vette, she starts as a slave. The power differential is just too weird in that case. And even for the rest...

I mean, they are AI... they aren't real people. I dunno. Not judging others if you enjoy the rp of it, but I am just completely turned off by this whole idea, for my characters.

I don't know about other people, but when I play a game I like to imagine a personality for my character and decide how a person with that personality would react to different situations, including romantic ones.

I guess that is role playing in a way. It is similar to how I get into character when performing in a play, albeit to a lesser extent.

Am I the only one who finds romancing companions kind of creepy?

Nope. I'm right there with you.

I don't romance cartoons. I just kill them whenever given the chance. Doesn't matter if I'm playing on the republic side or Imperial. Darkside all the way. Kill Kill Kill.

Edited by Belacose

So far, the only romances that have actually interested me were Doc for my female Sentinel, Vette for my male Juggernaut, Risha for my male Gunslinger and Elara for my male Commando.

My female Operative really wanted to be corrupted by Kaliyo.

My female Sorcerer really wanted to corrupt Ashara.

My female Bounty Hunter wanted either Gault or HK-51.

Haven't gotten very far companion-wise with my female Shadow, so no opinion there.

SO, 50/50 romance approval so far. Not too bad, but SGR would really help. Or add some new companions. Come to think of it, Thana Vesh would have been perfect for my female Bounty Hunter, they hated each other so much it just had to turn into lust. When I first encountered her, I was sure she would be my next companion, but was sorely disappointed to discover she was just a random NPC everyone encountered...so I killed her.

(Straight guy, by the way. I romance how my characters would in RPGs, cause I'm invested in them...and I have an imagination.)

I think the romance stuff with companions are funny and a nice addition, just like such things work in a book or a movie.

HOWEVER. To get upset about them to the point where you're on the forums, demanding more of them and arguing with others about the validity of your obsession is just crazy. You're a crazy person. If you have a kid and still have time to argue here with other people about this, I sincerely feel sorry for your kid, truly.

I hope you take a step back and consider what you're doing, and, more importantly, why. I don't say this to troll or to insult anyone but I just find it... tragic.

I think they need more romance options across the board. I have only played SW and now almost SI to completion and what I can say from just that is male SI romance option sucks. How am I supposed to be the most bad butt Sith in the galaxy and get Ashara to like me? I'm not Superman, and I'm not gonna' kiss up to a Jedi who won't turn to the dark side. :p

I think it all came down to a matter of budget, but in a perfect world, every character companion should have been romance able.

I think the romance stuff with companions are funny and a nice addition, just like such things work in a book or a movie.

HOWEVER. To get upset about them to the point where you're on the forums, demanding more of them and arguing with others about the validity of your obsession is just crazy. You're a crazy person. If you have a kid and still have time to argue here with other people about this, I sincerely feel sorry for your kid, truly.

I hope you take a step back and consider what you're doing, and, more importantly, why. I don't say this to troll or to insult anyone but I just find it... tragic.

So after my kid is in bed, I can't come on here and discuss things I would like to see? Wow here I thought I could do that. I am arguing with anyone, other then the rude person who thinks I am not a real woman or have a kid. I would like more romances but it isn't a necessity, just something I would like. I guess I should talk about hood toggles or chat bubbles or pvp which I don't do. My child is sound asleep in bed, my husband is watching TV and I am bored and thought I would bring this up. Sorry if you don't like it but I can bring stuff up I would like to see in future content. If that bugs you, oh well. I can be both a mom and a TOR player oddly enough.

After playing through 4 classes, all Imperial I must say, the choices for women when it comes to romances just sucks. You basically have one choice and that's it, at least guys get two most times.

Quinn- The only romance I enjoyed

Pierce- Only a one night stand option

Torian- He is like a little brother

Gault- Um no and not an option

Skadge- Even more no and not an option

Andronkis- Option but the only one

Talos- Cute and I would romance him if given the option

Vetor- Nice guy but a bug boy and only option

Dr. Lokin- not an option and no

If you are going to implement more romance options please give us women more people to romance. The current choices suck and the limited number us women get is lame.

Just to give the devils advocate:

Jaesa - ok

Vette- awesome choice

Temple - a little agent trainee, kinda boring

Kaliyo -

cheats on you idk if the romance continues from there because I broke it off

Ashara - prissy little light side twerp

Mako - ok

Only 2 classes have 2 options and

if you get light jaesa it's only 1 for Sith warriors

I think they did relatively well with the romance options.

Oh here is republic fem choices

Aric - well if your a cat lady

Corso - best female option in game, IMO for romance.

Doc - idk don't have fem jk yet

Iresso - ok

Tharan - just flirting

And male

Kira - kinda fun and funny

Nadia - idk don't have a male consular

Dorne - BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGGG

Risha - idk no male smug

The Zabrak thing - idk no male smug

Generally it's one choice, but your right males have 3 classes with 2 options for romance. But I don't see it as a big deal, if anything it means more work for me! Now I need ANOTHER male agent, male warrior, and 2 male snugs to be content...only need 1 of each fem choice.

Romance choices don't bother me as much as the fact that except for 4 stinking letters they stop caring. A random gift or letter after the honeymoon would have been a nice touch. Or even a random, 'baby, you still got it' when clicking on the chat option would be super. If romances are predetermined, why not phase that in once in a while?

I see divorces in the future.

Oh and Zenith had me with Hello, he has the sexiest voice.

Romance choices don't bother me as much as the fact that except for 4 stinking letters they stop caring. A random gift or letter after the honeymoon would have been a nice touch. Or even a random, 'baby, you still got it' when clicking on the chat option would be super. If romances are predetermined, why not phase that in once in a while?

I see divorces in the future.

Oh and Zenith had me with Hello, he has the sexiest voice.

I sincerely hope that this is just because of the current lvl cap and the romance will 'continue' once the actual story goes on and you can advance in their 'liking' too (though I guess this isn't 100% needed, if it's triggered by advancing in the class story)

I don't know about other people, but when I play a game I like to imagine a personality for my character and decide how a person with that personality would react to different situations, including romantic ones.

I guess that is role playing in a way. It is similar to how I get into character when performing in a play, albeit to a lesser extent.

I guess I could kind of see that, if the romance is between your imaginary character, and your imaginary companion. It just seems weird to me, what with the canned responses and the fact that it's not a person, it's a program. It's like the matrix!