One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

Thank you for this detail. I can't say I have been happy with some of the decisions lately (not fixing Lobel in TFB and prices of Cartel items), but the transparency you are posting with today is a really nice change and I'll be pre-ordering this morning. Please keep up the frequent communication.

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Equal in size to one of the larger planets? So let me get this straight. You're calling this Chapter 4. Chapters are typically 3-5 planets INCLUDING these larger planets. BS. Complete BS.

you do realize Makeb may only be the start of Chapter 4 and not all of chapter 4 right... they could easily take us back to Nar shadaa a hutt planet..or Hutta..or..Use your imagination.

You know what.......................forget it....................its easier to go forum rampaging then it is to try and see other sides to something ...

Edited by CrazyCanukk

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

That sounds worthy of $10. Don't know how one can complain. What do you get for $10-15 console dlc? Maybe 3-5 hours of extra gameplay? I bet this will be 20-30 hours of fun.

Looking forward to it, especially the interested in what else you haven't revealed.

Yet Blizzard released Outland, which is not much bigger (and may even be smaller) than some of the planets and THAT was OK? I heard no whining about that. How about WotLK, which offered Northrend? That wasn't much bigger.

Outland and Northrend may not have been that much bigger, but they continued WoW in the vein that people wanted, in that they brought more raids to the table. Makeb misses out the one key selling point of this game :( No amount of size is going to change that fact.

I love it... So much negativity and hyperbole surrounding an announcement regarding a small expansion, sure its $9.00... But you are getting new content, save the outrage until you know just how much bang for your buck you are going to get, by all accounts it should be quite alot...

Personally, I can't wait to see another five levels and explore Makeb.

:)

I love it... So much negativity and hyperbole surrounding an announcement regarding a small expansion, sure its $9.00... But you are getting new content, save the outrage until you know just how much bang for your buck you are going to get, by all accounts it should be quite alot...

Personally, I can't wait to see another five levels and explore Makeb.

:)

same here.

heck i just came back from lunch and that cost me 11 bucks and that only lasted 45 minutes. Makeb cost me $10 bucks yesterday ($9.99 for the detail oriented types...) and i guarantee ill get a whole lot of hours for that tiny amount..

Good to hear thanks.

To everyone that played WoW, think of Makeb like "Northrend" or "Pandaria". If there is as much to do on Makeb as there was on those two continents in WoW, then this is definately an expansion (plus we have 5 levels). :cool:

Are there going to be any new species added in with this faction? With the introduction of the Hutt Cartels it would be nice to see some of the species seen in Jabbas palace being introduced for players to be able to pick such as Rodians, Tradoshians, Gran etc.

Cause as it stands while the expansion can be considered cheap (if you are a sub) for 19.99 is a lot of money for one new planet even if it is a big one with a mix of things to do. The Original game cost 3 times as much but came with 30 days free play and a lot more planets and story and class story and companions with story. So it seems there need to be additional features over and above 5 levels and one large planet.

Wow... as expected, if you didn't log on yesterday and just waited for Bioware to give out more info about the expansion some people would not have QQed. Or maybe it was just the tipping point. Who knows.

I'm just as excited about this as everyone else. I just hope its just like Section X, but way bigger XD

Wow... as expected, if you didn't log on yesterday and just waited for Bioware to give out more info about the expansion some people would not have QQed. Or maybe it was just the tipping point. Who knows.

Yes they still would have. Just look at this thread as examples.

one guy is making things up stating some unknown rule that 1 planet cannot be an expansion. And other clowns jump in to pretend that they're going to rip through 5 levels in 2 hours.

If those 2 examples dont spell it out that some people are simply going to complain for the sake of complaining, I dont know what does.

Edited by RichT

you do realize Makeb may only be the start of Chapter 4 and not all of chapter 4 right... they could easily take us back to Nar shadaa a hutt planet..or Hutta..or..Use your imagination.

You know what.......................forget it....................its easier to go forum rampaging then it is to try and see other sides to something ...

That's a lot of "ifs" and assumptions. I'll go by what they've said rather than rampant speculation. Use my imagination and maybe this won't have been a content patch wrapped up in pretty words.

Sounds like what we pay a repeating subscription for doesnt it?

I think I am going to be sick.

I freaking hate the datacrons.

First of all, it's nice to see a response from someone at BW. Thanks, Allison, for the input.

As for those saying this doesn't "qualify" as an expansion, it's more proof that gamers suck, and literally cannot be pleased. Not enough content? Rage. Inexpensive expansion? Rage. Too much content without bug fixes at the same time, completely ignoring the fact that those two things are done by completely different teams who are not interchangeable? Rage. Doing things similar to other MMOs? Rage. Not including the same features already existing in other MMOs, i.e., groupfinder? Rage.

Is this a relatively small expansion? No question there, it seems to be fairly small. But the price tag is also small. I'd much rather pay $10 every 8-12 months for a small expansion than wait 2-3 years between expansions and pay $40+.

Now, if the patches slow down dramatically leading into this expansion, I'll be right there with the complainers. SWTOR has made some good progress in releasing patches 1.4-1.6 without waiting 3 months between each one. Back when F2P was announced, the game director said they were aiming for game updates approximately monthly (every 4-6 weeks, IIRC). They've done that so far, and if they keep it up between now and the expansion, I'll be pretty well satisfied.

Now you have peaked my interests. I really wish you would have stated this, the story line post and the post about talent tree stuff the first day the expansion information went live. It's good stuff to know.

Edited by Quraswren

\Is this a relatively small expansion? No question there, it seems to be fairly small. But the price tag is also small. I'd much rather pay $10 every 8-12 months for a small expansion than wait 2-3 years between expansions and pay $40+.

We can not really assess the "size" as small yet. There is a 5 level increase. If you look at expansions for WoW that were 5 levels (Cata and MoP) there was A LOT to do for those 5 levels. If there is a similar amount to do for Makeb (and 5 levels) then at $20 EAware is delivering more for less (New WoW expansions are usually $40). If for some reason the don't have much to do and we just burn through 5 levels pretty fast then I would say its a small expansion. But, right now, it is too soon to tell. :cool:

Now you have peaked my interests. I really wish you would have stated this, the story line post and the post about talent tree stuff the first day the expansion information went live. It's good stuff to know.

Agreed. They really need to coordinate the release of information better. RIght now they seem to be the ones stoking the fires of discontent by not feeding the needed information in the correct order. They really need to work on internal proccess improvement. :cool:

Agreed. This info should have been more prominently displayed, I think.

Equal in size to one of the larger planets? So let me get this straight. You're calling this Chapter 4. Chapters are typically 3-5 planets INCLUDING these larger planets. BS. Complete BS.

When did they say this was chapter 4?