The Gree

Mirmirmi

So, what do you guys know about the Gree? The game has really been using them for story elements recently, as you can obviously see, but I don't know much about their backstory. Questions I think of include:

How old are the Gree? Are they Rakata-old?

Why are they so advanced? What has kept them from using such advanced technology to their own military advantage?

Are they a numerous or extensive people? Or small and reclusive living in the Unknown Regions?

Are the Gree found elsewhere in Star Wars literature and canon?

What interest do the Gree have in the peoples of the known galaxy? They seem to have helped construct Coruscant's core systems or something of the sort, based on interactions in quests on Coruscant.

Just curious and wondering if anyone knows more.

Short answers, since it is late. For the long version, check wookiepedia.

So, what do you guys know about the Gree? The game has really been using them for story elements recently, as you can obviously see, but I don't know much about their backstory. Questions I think of include:

How old are the Gree? Are they Rakata-old? - older than the Rakate

Why are they so advanced? What has kept them from using such advanced technology to their own military advantage? - they once almost ruled the galaxy. They had four casts (leaders, operators, scientists and crafters; not actual names), but the latter two disappeared. So they can use what remains of their old technology, but they can neither rebuild it nor invent new things.

Are they a numerous or extensive people? Or small and reclusive living in the Unknown Regions? - second one. The Gree enclave is quite small today.

Are the Gree found elsewhere in Star Wars literature and canon? - yes, but not much

What interest do the Gree have in the peoples of the known galaxy? They seem to have helped construct Coruscant's core systems or something of the sort, based on interactions in quests on Coruscant. - well, trade and exchange of ideas, I think

Just curious and wondering if anyone knows more.