change hk 51 primary stat

theleach

ok the new hk-51 droid primary stat is cunning yet the new droid parts in 1.5 are aim based. is bioware planning to change this at some time to aim? it would be very expensive to get the proper mods with the stats in them and the stats and id prefer not to use columni gear for the mods.

He can use aim or cunning gear, but from what people say he has higher base cunning, which seems stupid if he's supposed to actually have two primary stats. So you can put aim gear on him, and he'll only be slightly gimped. I guess it was just too easy to type the same number in twice when they set his specs.

yeah the problem is aim does not give any bonuses to tech attacks like cunning does . i realize hk can use aim but he seems to benefits from cunning more

Primary stats have diminishing returns, so you'll benefit more from mixing up Aim and Cunning to keep below their diminishing return curves.

yeah the problem is aim does not give any bonuses to tech attacks like cunning does . i realize hk can use aim but he seems to benefits from cunning more

On HK both aim and cunning affect tech exactly the same, one stat has no benefit over the other. Check the tool tips of the stats to see what abilities they boost.

So for a noob like myself, do you have a magic number before returns diminsh?

Primary stat does not have "diminishing returns" at any value you can currently reach in game. The buff to damage is a flat, linear bonus at any value. The buff to crit % is linear or very nearly so all the way through 2,500.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364-page-5.html

That thread has everything the MMO math droids have come up with on stats in SWTOR. The graphs at the bottom of page 5 show the primary stat as the dark blue line (w/r/t how it buffs crit). The first page has the damage formula based on primary stat.

Can you make orange gear and slot in Cunning?

the gear he comes with is moddable; which is also why I find it quite hilarious how much his better parts sell for. just buying the mods and exchanging them is still way cheaper (I made an actual sheet to check this for the prices on my server a few days ago... made me lol)

While there are workarounds, aren't all companion droids thus far Aim based? I know Scorpio and T7 are, but I'm not sure about the Trooper companion. If they are, it just seems like another one of those "lack of attention to detail" moments by BioWare, to suddenly change him to Cunning.

the gear he comes with is moddable; which is also why I find it quite hilarious how much his better parts sell for. just buying the mods and exchanging them is still way cheaper (I made an actual sheet to check this for the prices on my server a few days ago... made me lol)

Is there any *real* benefit to getting droid parts marked "HK-51's _______" rather than simply modding the green parts available through normal Cybertech skill?

Thanks! :)

Is there any *real* benefit to getting droid parts marked "HK-51's _______" rather than simply modding the green parts available through normal Cybertech skill?

Thanks! :)

HK-51 comes with Prototype level 51 gear. Essentialy, his armour and damage rating is 118.

While you certainly improve his gear via putting in the Tionese (126) mods from the offhand - because the Columi, Rakata and Campaign offhands are more difficult to farm it is in some cases quicker to just use the mats and gear him in the grade 154 droid parts. I did 4 HM BoIs in a row and only 1 Agent offhand dropped (no Bounty Hunter ones). With that kind of ratio it would take me over a day to gear him up in Columi whereas I can have him geared in >Rakata gear in less than 12 hours if I craft... so I just crafted him the parts.

I find this quite interesting. The droid parts take 19 stabilizers to craft a full set of the new droid gear. (rest of the mats being extremely cheap on shadowlands server.) Yet it takes 28 stabilizers just to craft two full pieces worth of mods for dread guard rated gear. So modding out his 7 pieces of gear and his mainhand and offhand would be far more expensive.

I'm figuring the major factor on your server compared to mine is the enriched duristeel. On Shadowlands enriched dropped to under 10k per. Where I am guessing on your server they probably jumped to like 200k or some extreme price close to it. Of which I was secretly hoping for on my server as well. Had a rather large stash. But I am also guessing that on your server the stabilizers are far cheaper then the 200-225k per on my server.

I know there are a lot of factors that determine the price. But I still find it funny that actually modding out his gear is cheaper then the new droid parts on your server.

If you look at HK's companion abilities tab. He only has 2 tech attacks. the other 3 are ranged attacks (not counting assassinate). I find the default distribution of stats on his orange 118 gear to be a good guide into how he should be geared. Especially considering he gets the exact same bonuses from either aim or cunning. So in the end it doesnt really matter how he is geared. He does not get anything extra from having one base stat over the other.

Edited by darth_trajian

I find this quite interesting. The droid parts take 19 stabilizers to craft a full set of the new droid gear. (rest of the mats being extremely cheap on shadowlands server.) Yet it takes 28 stabilizers just to craft two full pieces worth of mods for dread guard rated gear. So modding out his 7 pieces of gear and his mainhand and offhand would be far more expensive.

I'm figuring the major factor on your server compared to mine is the enriched duristeel. On Shadowlands enriched dropped to under 10k per. Where I am guessing on your server they probably jumped to like 200k or some extreme price close to it. Of which I was secretly hoping for on my server as well. Had a rather large stash. But I am also guessing that on your server the stabilizers are far cheaper then the 200-225k per on my server.

I know there are a lot of factors that determine the price. But I still find it funny that actually modding out his gear is cheaper then the new droid parts on your server.

If you look at HK's companion abilities tab. He only has 2 tech attacks. the other 3 are ranged attacks (not counting assassinate). I find the default distribution of stats on his orange 118 gear to be a good guide into how he should be geared. Especially considering he gets the exact same bonuses from either aim or cunning. So in the end it doesnt really matter how he is geared. He does not get anything extra from having one base stat over the other.

well, I guess it also depends on how far you take it. I didn't actually mod all of his gear or got new stuff, for that matter. I had already geared up a few of my companions 'somewhat', so I just mixed it. he's now basically running around with 'leftovers'.

but yes, I did the sheet two days ago and the stabilizer were relatively cheep, where the steel was not... it was pretty funny, too, but I guess in part this is because we have some 'crafting ring' operating that will make the mods for 'a tip' (or 150k in case of the cunning one since it only drops in ec nim) ... so everyone wants the crafting materials directly.

I'm still watching the market, so we'll see how it's gonna be like in a few days. HK is already a pretty solid dps even in the mods he comes with (just for fun I let him fight some well-geared Kira when a guildie and I were done with the quest chain. he basically tore her apart... lol)

on another note, I'm actually curious if you'd notice a huge difference when you focus on one stat or the other...

I'm actually tempted to test this eventually... since I will soon be finished with the quest on my second char I might as well. maybe gear one just with cunning, the other just with aim. lol

Sir, you should confirm what you gonna say before asseverate anything. HK-51 has 2 PRIMARY stats, since both are primary they both affect ranged AND tech dmg and crit, you can check it just by mouse over on those stats.