Getting Augmentation Slot Component MK

Kratosi

RE an item that can have an augment slot in it like armor, weapons, implants, etc. The way a lot of people are doing it is crafting green level 49 belts or wrists and REing them.

REing something like mods, enhancements, hilt, etc will not give you the MK mat.

Lastly the level of the item you RE will determine the tier of mk mat you get back. Tiers are broken out the same as crew skill missions.

The crew skill triainer for biochem does not have any schematic, are you sure they have the schematic you need to learn?

Biochem can't make augment kits, only Armormech, Synthweaving and Armstech can make them.

:csw_xwing: I dont think you are understanding my question. Just like crafting anything you need material to craft items.... One of the materials needed to craft a augment kits is called "Augmentation Slot Component MK 1", so on and so forth... they go from 1 through 6 just like the kits.... My question is where or how do I get the materials to make the kits? :ph_use_the_force:

The components come from reverse engineering any item that can produce an augment slot on a crit. Each item that you RE gives 1 Slot Component as well the normal random selection of materials used in crafting it.

So for eg..to get 10 MkVI slot components you could make 10 green lvl 49 Implants or Armour or Weapons. Reverse engineer each one to get your 10 slot components.

:csw_xwing: I dont think you are understanding my question. Just like crafting anything you need material to craft items.... One of the materials needed to craft a augment kits is called "Augmentation Slot Component MK 1", so on and so forth... they go from 1 through 6 just like the kits.... My question is where or how do I get the materials to make the kits? :ph_use_the_force:

You are a Armortech, you craft green lvl 10-16 belts, you RE said belts to get the Augmentation Slot Component MK-1, along with some other mats that you would recieve before 1.3( e.g. Desh). Sorry if it sounds condencending, I'm not trying to (which I realized I did after reading my post), just trying to lay it out clearly.

1) What is the point of this, why all of a sudden i can not add a lvl 11 augment to a lvl 13 piece of gear.

2) Once I have this kit will I be able to do the above or do i have to make something else.

3) Are these kits and components interchangeable between the 3 crafts or do I need one or more for each?

4) I found this change? to be very annoying, am I the only person who is not happy that crafting just got more difficult? I'm not a fan of destroying stuff i make.

If you can direct me to where Bio explains why they are doing this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

1) What is the point of this, why all of a sudden i can not add a lvl 11 augment to a lvl 13 piece of gear.

2) Once I have this kit will I be able to do the above or do i have to make something else.

3) Are these kits and components interchangeable between the 3 crafts or do I need one or more for each?

4) I found this change? to be very annoying, am I the only person who is not happy that crafting just got more difficult? I'm not a fan of destroying stuff i make.

If you can direct me to where Bio explains why they are doing this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

1. You can, if the item has an augment slot (or should, there was a bug with stuff crafted before 1.3 that has been fixed (supposedly) in this mornings maintenance.

2. Assuming the item doesn't have an augment slot (which is why you'd need the kit) you have to go to an item modification table to add the slot (costing some credits and using up the kit) in order to add the slot. Then you can slap in an augment as usual.

3. All interchangeable.

4. Basic reason for the kits in general is to make it so any item can be augmented, even drops. (fairly obvious, players have been clamouring for that for a while) Basic reason for the tiered kits/slots is presumably to correct the mistake they made in 1.2 making cheap/easy to make low end stuff BiS, thus doing a number on a basic "more skill/expensive mats = better item" principle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Reviving an old thread but, does anyone know what the level tiers are for each mk slot component? So far I've seen items level 9 and 13 gave me an mk-1 and a level 23 gave me an mk-3. How can I tell what mk slot component I'm going to get when I reverse engineer a part?

Reviving an old thread but, does anyone know what the level tiers are for each mk slot component? So far I've seen items level 9 and 13 gave me an mk-1 and a level 23 gave me an mk-3. How can I tell what mk slot component I'm going to get when I reverse engineer a part?

if you see what rank the mats are thats the level it will give.

so a piece of armor that requires type 2 scav mats will give a mk-2 augmentation component

if you see what rank the mats are thats the level it will give.

so a piece of armor that requires type 2 scav mats will give a mk-2 augmentation component

I tested that theory too, but I don't think that it either.

Example

Rugged War Leggings: level 23

Thermionic gel suspension -grade 2 crafting mat

Nextor crystal - grade 2 power crystal

Sacred artifact fragment - grade 2 artifact fragment

Returns mk-3 mat. I can't figure it out and I don't see anything online.

So far

level 9 = mk-1

Level 13 = mk-1

Level 15 = mk-2

Level 19 = mk-2

Level 21 = mk-2

Level 23= mk-3

That's as far as I can go so far. This is synth weaving btw

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I cannot get help for anything. I can't raise armorsmith past 410 without making augments... which requires augment components mk-7. I ask people what to RE to make one, they say crafted lvl 51 gear... which I cannot make and nothing in market matches that either. I simply do not understand why someone can't give me simple directions on how to raise my skill 10 points and get back to what my skill was actually for instead of this augment nonsense. CS won't help, fellow players won't help, I am writing here for help now in desperation. Either I find out how to raise the skill or I'll consider the tradeskills broken in this game and cancel my account. I simply do not know why a company that wants my money cannot answer a question that probably takes 10 seconds to answer.

I cannot get help for anything. I can't raise armorsmith past 410 without making augments... which requires augment components mk-7. I ask people what to RE to make one, they say crafted lvl 51 gear... which I cannot make and nothing in market matches that either. I simply do not understand why someone can't give me simple directions on how to raise my skill 10 points and get back to what my skill was actually for instead of this augment nonsense. CS won't help, fellow players won't help, I am writing here for help now in desperation. Either I find out how to raise the skill or I'll consider the tradeskills broken in this game and cancel my account. I simply do not know why a company that wants my money cannot answer a question that probably takes 10 seconds to answer.

In the future try to avoid necro'ing threats that have been long outdated.

As for your answer:

Craft XXX Augment 23. They require Scavenging materials only to make