Any one else notice a ton of lag lately

killifishes

I logged in for a bit today and did a few section x quests, and earlier this week on Monday I did a random FP and experienced a ton of lag. I first started playing swtor a few days after launch, and I never use to have lag issues. I was always the one that did not experience lag while other players did. Does this extra lag have some thing to do w/the f2p? I am sure it is not me every thing else runs beautifully. I have a custom computer for gaming ( don't remember all the technical stuff my husband built it but it is only about a yr old), I have 20mb & I get all of it. So yeah I hope the lag doesn't last forever. :rak_02:

& I meant to post this in customer service, I think when I logged in it automatically took me to community.

Edited by killifishes

Yes, sometimes with ping so bad I lose connection. Oddly though my network sharing center shows a good connection and a ping test shows nothing out of the ordinary. The minute it does it I can log straight back into the game, so it's not like I have to reset my connection. There's something way wrong with thier servers, that's for sure.

And it happens pretty much anywhere, and at random.

Edited by bahdasz

Last night I did the first two bosses of ec sm and tfb sm and then nim kp & I didn't notice a ton of lag. I seemed to be back to normal. I am not sure how heavy the population was for my server though, maybe it wasn't super populated because it was thanksgiving eve.

No lag, except when I enter the fleet. Then it's baywatch walking...

That's a feature!

But on topic, yes I have been experiencing a noticeable decline after 1.5, and I expect it to be resolved asap. Not because of faith in them, but because the fact that I, as a paying customer, have had a worse quality experince technically after they opened F2P is not good. At all.

Same - Seen it the most on Fleet (240-250 cap per instance should be lowered).

I've also seen it while doing Section X with 59 People on one of two instances in the area.

Sunday (Yesterday) we saw it during an HM FP as well and some folks got kicked off the server and had to login again.

F2P - YEAH it's going to save EA/BW's bacon or cook it. Right now the frying pan is pretty darn hot. :mad:

Notices it constantly after I started playing jk senital(not that noticeable when playing my JC sage).

It has been like this since pre 1.5.

But this "lag" only happens when zone are getting something like 30+ players in it.

This lag also accures when a "lot" of people are zoning into that zone(sub-zone).

Specially noticed this yesterday where me and my friend was alone in Sector X(sub-zone 2) for over 15 mins, then suddenly 15 new players zoned in there - huge lag hit us both then(reason I noticed was that I actually kept checking how many there was on the zone the hole daily run).

Its actually so bad for me when playing JK that if I cant change to a sub-zone with less people I might aswell logoff.

Now the twist, game runs perfectly smooth(it is just pure joy to play then) ones I'm in a low populated zone(up 30ish).

The sad part, it has been like this since release! I came back like a month ago (due to a friend started playing swtor. PS! No f2p here!).

I do enoy the game when its going smooth, but to often it doesnt so I really have mixed feeling about how long I want continue paying to play.

My biggest concern is the "so called population lag" not the latency to server(because that is 99% of the time less 100 ms for me)

2nd on my list is freaking insane loading time(I thought it was gonna go down drasticially when I went over to SSD disk....which sadly wasnt true :(

I really hope they get their "asses out of the chair" and start optimizinng the game :)