Bioware/EA why isn't Kotor 3 in developed

Master_Dark

If you think about it, Bioware wouldn't have the people to produce another game. Unless they stopped making say, Mass Effect for like, 3 years.

I would welcome a stop to that series anyday!!!! But all the shoot-bros would be angry that they wouldnt get more lady tapping, beer swilling, commander Sheppard muscle beat downs to badguy bots anymore.

I jest, but the series has fallen far enough that they should just stop...

I see ToR as kotor 3 and beyond, there is no denying it, and if you do, youre just so stuck in fervent fanboy mode and you cant see the forest from the trees.

I dunno why people keep forgot the whole star war franchise and trade mark belonged to George Lucas. Bioware / EA can't make Kotor 3 without license from Lucas Art's.

George Lucas can also ask other people other than EA/BW to make Kotor 3 if he want to as well. EA/BW doesn't own the right. (Just like Kotor 2 was done by obsidian instead bioware.)

Belonged is the right word, he could have done that, before he sold it to Disney, but he didn't, Disney might, but are more likely to want games of the upcoming films.

TOR is the same as Kotor 3, TOR is also the next few planned installments to the game, they were able to put 8 games into 1. So even if you had KOTOR 3, it would have been the same just minus the cool MMO stuff. So please, lol.... and trust me, this SIth Empire looks better then the one they were planning for KOTOR 3... the kotor 3 Sith Empire looked more like old Trade Federation stuff if you as me :p

While I agree that for all intended purposes this game is KotOR 3, KotOR 3 would not have been the same thing minus all the MMO things. KotOR 3 would have been designed very differently. There's a world of difference between traditional RPG design and MMO design, but even the basics would be different. With only one story to focus on instead of 8 the one story would have much more depth to it. As they would no longer need to sacrifice depth for breadth.

At least Revan is mentioned and in the game, Darth Nihilus has been erased from history and turned into a mask with weird proportions!

At least Nihilus got a mention. There's nothing for Traya, not a force ghost, not even an item named after her. Same thing with Carth. I'm amazed that there wasn't rare blaster called the Onasi Blaster, which was an item in KotOR 2.

Edited by Revanchis

While I agree that for all intended purposes this game is KotOR 3, KotOR 3 would not have been the same thing minus all the MMO things. KotOR 3 would have been designed very differently. There's a world of difference between traditional RPG design and MMO design, but even the basics would be different. With only one story to focus on instead of 8 the one story would have much more depth to it. As they would no longer need to sacrifice depth for breadth.

At least Nihilus got a mention. There's nothing for Traya, not a force ghost, not even an item named after her. Same thing with Carth. I'm amazed that there wasn't rare blaster called the Onasi Blaster, which was an item in KotOR 2.

Sith Warrior story potentially Traya but not proven.

Sith Warrior story potentially Traya but not proven.

Considering the things she mentions and the voice actress it's not Kreia, or at least they better not say that was Kreia. I was pretty pissed off when I saw that scene actually, since I had heard she was supposed to be Kreia.