Developer Update: Operation: Explosive Conflict - Nightmare Mode

CourtneyWoods

As far as I already know on Toth & Zorn this fight won't be a big challenge. I mean, raising the HP by around 200k for each Boss and use a medpack at the start of the fight is nothing I would consider a big challenge. With my Sentinel I will for sure do ~600k Damage in that 5:20 min fight all alone to one Boss, so if you see that 2 dps are on one boss it won't be even close to stress us out. Why not raise the HP to something really challenging, like 1.1m for each? So you are not allowed to relax some time or fail to lose your stacks?

I really hope the other Bosses will be somewhat a real challenge. Cause if it goes on like "use random stuff, do more dps, heal more" it won't be a challenge. Sorry to say that but I am just afraid this will be another easy Operation that we will finish in no time and then have to wait months again for new content.

You running this 8 man or 16?

Quite tough on 16 man.

You really have no idea how lucky you are do you?

Guilds had as many as ALL their good raiders leave during the 5 month wait. My guild lost 4/8 waiting for HM TfB. And you complain about 1/8? Take a look around, you're one of the lucky ones buddy.

I was talking about my own raid group. other raid groups in my guild lost people in the time between ec and tfb as well. some lost 1 or 2 peeps as well. one group folded entirely.

As far as I already know on Toth & Zorn this fight won't be a big challenge. I mean, raising the HP by around 200k for each Boss and use a medpack at the start of the fight is nothing I would consider a big challenge. With my Sentinel I will for sure do ~600k Damage in that 5:20 min fight all alone to one Boss, so if you see that 2 dps are on one boss it won't be even close to stress us out. Why not raise the HP to something really challenging, like 1.1m for each? So you are not allowed to relax some time or fail to lose your stacks?

I really hope the other Bosses will be somewhat a real challenge. Cause if it goes on like "use random stuff, do more dps, heal more" it won't be a challenge. Sorry to say that but I am just afraid this will be another easy Operation that we will finish in no time and then have to wait months again for new content.

As simply raising HP doesn't quite offer much additional complexity. And you can perfectly adjust for this yourself by choosing to e.g. 6 man the raid rather than 8 man it. Problem is, for seasoned raiders there's little challenge in raids here, or in pretty much all MMO's for that matter.

Whereas for newer players to the genre, I've come across plenty of them who are already struggling enough on EC HM, hardly get beyond the second boss in TFB HM and will probably instantly wipe on Z&T EC NMM.

If you want a challenge do Nightmare EC on 16 man. 8 Man Nightmare EC is much easier than 16 man, worlds apart.

• 4 weeks later...
Nightmare EC hit live on November 15th. It's December 15th and no one's cleared 16 Man Kephess yet, but the 8 man Kephess was cleared in under a week and 8 man guilds have gotten "the Warstalker" title. I think that 8 man Kephess needs a slight buff and that 16 man Kephess needs a slight nerf. Please do not nerf 16 man Kephess without buffing 8 man Kephess.