Thermal Regulator

cheddarisbetter

i have run ~75 slicing missions today and gotten a grand total of 2 Thermal Regulators. Those were from a Wealthy mission. I'm sure this is incredible bad luck, but c'mon, how low is the crit chance for these f***ing things?

Well I've been running such a wealthy one-time slicing mission today with a maxed Risha. I kept the mission around to wait for today's patch, but guess this really didn't affect anything. She only brought me 2 thermal regulators home.

Rich missions give 4 on a crit, none on a standard result.

Bountiful missions give 2 on a crit and again 0 on a standard result.

Wealthy missions (discoveries) give 6 on a crit (plus lockbox and a new missions discovery) and 2 on a standard result.

I have never gottne a regulator on abundant or moderate missions, crit or no.

Wealthy missions (discoveries) give 6 on a crit (plus lockbox and a new missions discovery) and 2 on a standard result.

Mmh. Thanks. Sounds a bit... off to me though. If it had given 3 for sure, for such a rare and wealthy (and expensive) mission it would have been okay, imho.

I dunno it seems kind mess up to me. I only got 2 from wealthy mission (from 450 slicing mission object..) while I receive 4 from a rich mission. Both missions ran with Risha whom has 1000 affection.

Bad comparsion - if you get 2 from the wealthy, the rich would have given 0. If the rich would have given you 4, the wealthy will give you 6.

Simply, wealthy are like rich but with an extra 2 regulators added on top of the standard reward, whatever that would have been.

I have sent out my companions with crit to slicing on the lev 51-55 rich and bounty missions over 15 times and not gotten 1 therm reg!! My other companions I send out on the lev 49-50 slic missions and get tons of the purp mats from those. Rng sucks but something must be wrong. I should be gritting on those 51-55 ones way more.

Something's wrong here BW!! Therm regs are still WAY too rare and hard to get

Are there different "levels" of crits? I get Schematics all the time and the mission text says that my companion has done extraordinarily well, but no Regulators.

So does the fact that I got a schem mean I should have gotten a regulator? Or not necessarily?

I've run Watching the Watchdogs 11 times and got Thermal Regulators twice.

I've run Unsliceable 18 times and got Thermal Regulators twice.

I run them with a variety of pets, but I try to focus these missions on the ones that have +2 Crit on Slicing, and always 10k affection.

Yes it's a small sample size, but that's all I've got so far. Bottom line is Thermal Regulators are expensive - about 9,300 each by my estimation because I count the blue slicing mission returns as essentially valueless.

Are there different "levels" of crits? I get Schematics all the time and the mission text says that my companion has done extraordinarily well, but no Regulators.

So does the fact that I got a schem mean I should have gotten a regulator? Or not necessarily?

Only bountiful, rich and wealthy missions give purple mats for grade 9 stuff. For slicing that means "watching the watchers", "unsliceable" and the wealthy with a name I don't remember

Still seems broken to me. I've been running 450 slicing missions constantly since the patch and I've had zero Thermal Regulators drop. Yes really, none. And yes, I run the Rich and Bountiful missions only, my Slicer is 450 and I use companions with 10k affection.

Also, the lockboxes from the Rich and Bountiful missions consistantly reward only a credit box with less credits than the mission costs to run. This was supposed to be fixed too, but isn't.

With mission names like "Unsliceable" and "Credit Drain" it makes me wonder if Bioware are trolling us.

Still seems broken to me. I've been running 450 slicing missions constantly since the patch and I've had zero Thermal Regulators drop. Yes really, none. And yes, I run the Rich and Bountiful missions only, my Slicer is 450 and I use companions with 10k affection.

Also, the lockboxes from the Rich and Bountiful missions consistantly reward only a credit box with less credits than the mission costs to run. This was supposed to be fixed too, but isn't.

With mission names like "Unsliceable" and "Credit Drain" it makes me wonder if Bioware are trolling us.

Don't run the box missions. Only "unslicable" and "watching the watchdogs" can give thermals, since they're the only rich and bountiful missions providing sliced tech parts.

Don't run the box missions. Only "unslicable" and "watching the watchdogs" can give thermals, since they're the only rich and bountiful missions providing sliced tech parts.

Yes I'm fully aware the lockbox missions don't drop the Thermal Regulators. I'm just pointing out that these are broken too and actually a money loser because the lockbox contains less credits than the mission cost to run and 9/10 you don't get anything else (and if you do it's usually some worthless schematic). So "Credit Drain" is an apt mission title.

As for Unsliceable and Watching The Watchdogs, I've been running these constantly since the patch and have had zero Thermal Regulators.

I have had the same results as you Cernow, ran those 2 missions since the patch and with max affection and crit to slicing, 0 absolutely no thermals. I know other people of got them but I do not think this is working as intended. I am a Jedi knight for info.

A lot of people seemed to assume, with the patch notes - that the odds of getting Thermals went up. This is not the case. The number of items which get rewarded is what increased. The odds of a crit are still abysmally low. Just keep running those missions. It's not uncommon to get 2-4 back on a successful crit now. (As opposed to the 1 you got pre-patch.)

But yes, the rare items are supposed to be rare. That is working as intended. And I personally have picked up nearly a dozen Thermal Regulators since the patch.

(...)Wealthy missions (discoveries) give 6 on a crit (plus lockbox and a new missions discovery) and 2 on a standard result.

If this is how the Wealthy missions are working for Slicing, then that seems messed up to me. Wealthy missions for all the other mission skills (Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, Investigation) pay out at a rate of 4 purple materials on a normal success and 6 on a crit.

If Wealthy Slicing gets 2normal/6crit, as opposed to the more normal 4normal/6crit for all other skills, it just feels like a way to punish people who want to make augments by making their cash sink significantly larger.

[Correction: Wealthy Diplomacy missions seems to return purple materials at a rate of 3normal/4crit]

Edited by Haydon

Not sure about the rest of you but my Diplomacy, Investigation and Underworld Trading all seem to Crit a heck of a lot more than slicing and give around 4 Purples per Crit at the least!

I have all companions at Max rep and am still amazed by the lack of love that slicing gets.

Throw us a bone EAware!

Rancid, before the patch I was getting 1 thermal reg every say 7 to 8 missions, now I have got zero with 3 days worth and i have been doing them every 2 hours except sleep time. I underderstand RNG but in my experience up to now there is something not right, yes I know you get more per crit, however I believe the crit chance seems much much less than it should be, may be wrong but there is not just me seeing a zero crit since patch. Edited by Bonziuk