Bioware what are you gonna do?

Osoygatitalove

What are you gonna do bioware, i just fought 4 guys with absorb relics.

Im getting my rating down every single day.

I am even thinking now about buying both relics for myself since everyone else seems to do it, do you enjoy this? is this the way its meant to be for legit players?

we need an answer and we need an aswer now, its not just fixing the bugs now, ITS COMPENSATING TO THOSE LEGIT PLAYERS THAT ARE GETTING SCREWED.

Edited by Osoygatitalove

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know - I'd totally forgotten about the absorb relics.

When I first heard of the "bug/exploit/cheat" it just dawned on me that people could get a serious boost to Power.

Last night I was in a WZ where there were a group of 4 smash monkeys from one guild. It would explain the serious lack of damage I was doing to these people (and I mean serious - I know what I should be able to do to these guys).

Suddenly all makes sense.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we are definitely aware of the current bug with a certain PvP relic and it's unintended consequences. We are working to get a fix to this ASAP and will update you as I know more.

As a note, the current state of that relic is 100% not intended. That is the reason this post is being very generic as to what the relic is and what it does. I wanted to make sure we acknowledged it so that you guys knew we are working on it.

Due to the unintended effects of this issue, we will continue to remove posts about the relic in question. Thank you all for your understanding.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6831002#edit6831002

It is not a bannable offense and we do not intend to action folks who have used it. The reason is that although some may realize it is unintended and try to use it to their advantage until it is fixed. Some folks may simply have the relic and be using the item they bought, completely unaware that they are using a bugged item.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6831222#edit6831222

Edited by LordArtemis

The relic is fine as is, learn to play better.

All seriousness. Items have procs like those exist in other games. PvP is just fine in them.

BW should (at most...) remove them from pvp. But no, PvPrs got their way and they're being "fixed" and yet the double procing relics won't be.

BW obviously favours pvp / dps for balance issues. Kind of sad.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we are definitely aware of the current bug with a certain PvP relic and it's unintended consequences. We are working to get a fix to this ASAP and will update you as I know more.

As a note, the current state of that relic is 100% not intended. That is the reason this post is being very generic as to what the relic is and what it does. I wanted to make sure we acknowledged it so that you guys knew we are working on it.

Due to the unintended effects of this issue, we will continue to remove posts about the relic in question. Thank you all for your understanding.

-eric

It is not a bannable offense and we do not intend to action folks who have used it. The reason is that although some may realize it is unintended and try to use it to their advantage until it is fixed. Some folks may simply have the relic and be using the item they bought, completely unaware that they are using a bugged item.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric

No that is /thread

Thanks for playing.. :cool:

The relic is fine as is, learn to play better.

Something tells me you're a PvE carebear...

:rolleyes:

All seriousness. Items have procs like those exist in other games. PvP is just fine in them.

BW should (at most...) remove them from pvp. But no, PvPrs got their way and they're being "fixed" and yet the double procing relics won't be.

BW obviously favours pvp / dps for balance issues. Kind of sad.

Well at least that's the only thing they favor for PvP'ers. Everything else is lame PvE.

Something tells me you're a PvE carebear...

Well at least that's the only thing they favor for PvP'ers. Everything else is lame PvE.

Again with that term. The passive aggressive I'm a "tough guy" routine is old. Stupid nonsensical terms like that are exactly why PvPers as a whole have that stigma of being doosh canoes (yes I am aware it is actually spelled douche).

Again with that term. The passive aggressive I'm a "tough guy" routine is old. Stupid nonsensical terms like that are exactly why PvPers as a whole have that stigma of being doosh canoes (yes I am aware it is actually spelled douche).

I never claimed I was tough or said to anyone I thought I was. I'm just sick of heavy or strict PvE'ers like him and Bananamuffin thinking PvP plays no importance whatsoever and talks down on the play style. Although it's fun putting them in their place! :o

Forum PvP is a blast! :D

Edited by FriendReferral

I never claimed I was tough or said to anyone I thought I was. I'm just sick of heavy or strict PvE'ers like him and Bananamuffin thinking PvP plays no importance whatsoever and talks down on the play style. Although it's fun putting them in their place! :o

I'm not saying you said your tough, at least not directly. It's the intent behind calling people "carebears" just because they don't like PvP. Using it as an epithet like that just teems with a priggishness to the point of being a douche. And quite frankly I see more often then not it is the PvPers talking down on anyone else who doesn't PvP or even PvP their way sometimes. So yeah pot meet kettle...

For what it's worth I at least figure I can explain it yo you and you potentially would get it vs a few select others that barely have the capacity to move beyond scratching their own genitals let alone understand context and other basic concepts.

Edited by Hyfy

and i am sick of maggots who "have QUIT and UNSUBBED as of October 4th, 2013." yet still act like they know the best whats actually happening in-game

it seems thats the burden of all MMO's forums, trolls living in a mom's basement desperately seek some attention and e-fame, so keep on going young padawan (and dont jump of the bridge)

I'm not saying you said your tough, at least not directly. It's the intent behind calling people "carebears" just because they don't like PvP. Using it as an epithet like that just teems with a priggishness to the point of being a douche. And quite frankly I see more often then not it is the PvPers talking down on anyone else who doesn't PvP or even PvP their way sometimes. So yeah pot meet kettle...

For what it's worth I at least figure I can explain it yo you and you potentially would get it vs a few select others that barely have the capacity to move beyond scratching their own genitals let alone understand context and other basic concepts.

Fair enough. :p

I'm just sick of their attitudes. For what it's worth, I have a few good friends of my own who prefer PvE. A few of them have PvP'd at least casually, but yeah, we get along just fine.

:)

and i am sick of maggots who "have QUIT and UNSUBBED as of October 4th, 2013." yet still act like they know the best whats actually happening in-game

it seems thats the burden of all MMO's forums, trolls living in a mom's basement desperately seek some attention and e-fame, so keep on going young padawan (and dont jump of the bridge)

I'm pretty sure I do know the best because I'm already popular. I don't have to seek it. When I post on the forums, I get all the attention I need. :o

I never understood that "carebears" term it never made sense until I realized that only pvpers with superiority complexes call people that. They're probably terrible at pve and only get their rocks off so to speak by teaming up with other people to curb stomp people trying to pvp for fun.

I never understood that "carebears" term it never made sense until I realized that only pvpers with superiority complexes call people that. They're probably terrible at pve and only get their rocks off so to speak by teaming up with other people to curb stomp people trying to pvp for fun.

Isn't PvP about teaming up with others and roflstomping everyone else? Oh god, that's why the Gree event is a massive failure of epic proportions. So many players complain about getting "ganked" and it's just really sad.

BTW, how can you be terrible at PvE? You only fight scripted mobs. :o

And to friend referral you lost all credibility to many ppl when you basically started going around calling anyone who still likes this game and thinks its doing well "biodrones" all you are now is a troll and you have no idea any longer what this game should be. The only people who might like you are the other pvpers who also "quit" but are still here spreading hate.

And to friend referral you lost all credibility to many ppl when you basically started going around calling anyone who still likes this game and thinks its doing well "biodrones" all you are now is a troll and you have no idea any longer what this game should be. The only people who might like you are the other pvpers who also "quit" but are still here spreading hate.

I'm good friends with players like ImperialSun (Driz), LordArtemis, Rafaman, and I know they're positive about the game and I don't call them Biodrones. I only use that on others who I know deserve such a derogatory title. :o

Isn't PvP about teaming up with others and roflstomping everyone else? Oh god, that's why the Gree event is a massive failure of epic proportions. So many players complain about getting "ganked" and it's just really sad.

BTW, how can you be terrible at PvE? You only fight scripted mobs. :o

Ane when I talk about pve I mean flashpoints and operations not just the regular mobs and even then "Jurgens" its possible to be bad at operations as even though they're scripted they're difficult due to your attitude on the matter its obvious you must be one of those who probably didn't even try the other parts of pve such as these. And many pvp not to stomp the other team but to have fun playing it as if it was just to stomp the other team wed all be using the relic thing and wed all be preteaming specifically to have the maximum chance to win and wed all team up and camp spawns on ilum and whatnot.

You know, i enjoy this game immensely in story mode. I love playing it with guild mates. I even enjoyed PVP. ONCE. the community of PvPers pretty much turned me off of PVP. While i realize it's not all PVPers, but alot of them are abusive self-centered d-bags. I have hope that someday PvP might actually be fun for everyone, but sadly i doubt such a day will come.

You know, i enjoy this game immensely in story mode. I love playing it with guild mates. I even enjoyed PVP. ONCE. the community of PvPers pretty much turned me off of PVP. While i realize it's not all PVPers, but alot of them are abusive self-centered d-bags. I have hope that someday PvP might actually be fun for everyone, but sadly i doubt such a day will come.

This is the problem for the average player but as long as people like jurgens with an inflated sense of self importance keep leaving eventually pvp will be enjoyable again.

Unfortunately the whole "nasty competitiveness" is one of the major components of PvP, whether it's MMOs or FPS's. It's a community thing of course, but hey, trash talking sure does make you feel better and you sure do feel so much better when you wipe the floor with the opposing players/team. :p

Can't handle it? Then don't do it.

:cool:

Hey everyone,

-eric

-eric

and yet you take your sweet time doing so.

when it dips into YOUR pockets (the color crystal mailing and unlocking in collections fiasco) you're QUICK to stamp out the problem and toss out bans like hot-cakes.

but when it doesn't dip into your pockets (like this) you just take your sweet ol' time.

love it...no really. great job

and no. I don't PvP so I am not affected by this. That doesn't mean your response and actions with it aren't horrendous and laughable. Wonder if you'd still be "working on it" if it was something that dipped into the CM revenue

Ane when I talk about pve I mean flashpoints and operations not just the regular mobs and even then "Jurgens" its possible to be bad at operations as even though they're scripted they're difficult due to your attitude on the matter its obvious you must be one of those who probably didn't even try the other parts of pve such as these. And many pvp not to stomp the other team but to have fun playing it as if it was just to stomp the other team wed all be using the relic thing and wed all be preteaming specifically to have the maximum chance to win and wed all team up and camp spawns on ilum and whatnot.

I've done FPs and even Operations before, but it's been probably over a year now since I've step foot in an Ops. PvE is EZmode. Mechanics are easy. Never stand in AoEs. If you're a PvP'er you most likely strafe and joust. Do all of that and PvE is nothing but a piece of cake.

Anyone crying about PvE being hard is just a bad. Simple as that.

:cool: