BW response about addons? Please answer, BW

Negatroll

I may be missing something, but I've seen a couple of threads asking about addons being allowed in the game. However, I haven't seen anything from BW themselves. If they've released a statement RECENTLY, please correct me on this. I've probably overlooked an entry or a page somwhere. Thanks

As much as I would love add-ons do you really think BW could handle building and maintaining an open API without seriously lousing it all up? Call me a skeptic, but I would be amazed if this ever happens. Edited by Tumedus

Why does the response need to be recent? Do they have to reaffirm everything they've stated in the past every two months, just because what they said previously is no longer "recent"?

And if there are already "a couple of threads" about this then what reason would you have to make another?

Edited by MillionsKNives

TBH this game is simple enough that it doesn't even need them, you can customize your UI placement already, there are dps and threat charts already. There is an inventory sorting system implemented just recently and there isn't much more that people really need. If you're thinking about lame things that assist in raids and warn you when something is about to happen like DBM... I would say, it's easy enough that you can skip noob assist and learn the boss fights.

I'm Ok with not having addons.

Sure there are a few I would like to have bank addons, map addons, mail and GTN stuff but there are so many combat addons that need to be left out in every way.

Even as much as I would love to have a mouseover macro (sure its a little different than addons) it means my healing output is going to increase from it. Meaning BW will start to turn encounters for having the increased output.

I can see the same thing happening with combat addons. Things like DBM that increased the response time of players and a whole host of others WOW started designing encounters around. It hurt the players that couldn't run them or had trouble with them or didn't have them at all.

I'm good with addons not being there even though I can see "pros" for having them (and macros) but the cons really start to outweigh the pros and for a game like SWTOR that needs a lot more growth in other areas.

Leave them out for now.

Edited by Quraswren

Honestly it would be a dumb move to allows add-ons.

BW /EA: "Yo! I heard that you want to play high end operations! Go forward, but remember that you will need x, y and z external programs. Oh by the way they are fun made so we don't support them. Have fun!"

The only addon I would like is a better GTN interface, and maybe an item GTN value insert for the mouseover - the rest of that crap isn't needed. They aren't really needed in WoW either if you pay attention, since most of it is already contained in the UI provided now - except, again, for the auction. Unless you're the type that likes to feel all special in lowbie dungeons that is.

As much as I would love add-ons do you really think BW could handle building and maintaining an open API without seriously lousing it all up? Call me a skeptic, but I would be amazed if this ever happens.

This is certainly a concern.

Bioware has stated many times since the games launch that they have no plans to support addons now or in the future. I've seen nothing where they've changed that stance.