In regards to FP in RotHc

You sit down and want to do a nice FP and get slightly challenged and then it´s over in 15-20 min and offers no challenge whatsoever. It´s allmost come to the point that i like bad groups when dooing a FP like Lost Island.

I know the trend is short FP´s and bypassing as much as possible so the FP ends up even shorter. That doesn´t mean i have to like it. People end up in highlevel gear too fast and the FP drops become obsolete. The FP ends up as a quick grind for 5 BH coms.

When RotHc comes out i hope they will do something to FP´s especially. Make them harder. Make hard mode require full level55 normal FP gear and perfect skill + coordination. Reduce the difference between level 55 tioneese and columi level gear. Make all bosses drop the same level gear so all bosses are worth killing. Make hard mode gear = story mode OP and make NiM FP = normal mode OP. Then put hard and NiM FP on a weekly lockout timer.

Also, dont let crafters make BiS armorings/mods/enhancements. People should have to work for their gear. Remove or greatly reduce the use of BH commendations or whatever you will call them in RotHc. People should have to work for their gear. And i´m not a huge fan of the trend with sending endgame mod/armoring to alts through legacy gear. That´s not a huge issue, at least they still have to earn the mod/armoring on their main.

Just do something to make sure it takes more than a day or two to get full columi level gear. Yes i still do FP because i like dooing FP, but ofc it adds something when there´s actually a chance of failure and maybe even a chance for an upgrade to drop.

I dont mind keeping storymode FP easy and shorter, maybe with fewer mobs so you can do them faster. I wouldn´t even mind keeping hardmode and NiM FP out of groupfinder. I saw the FP dev guy say something like we dont want to make harder FP´s because they end up beeing real pug killers. That was in regard to the lost island FP. I cried a little inside when i read that.

Edited by Petnil

You sit down and want to do a nice FP and get slightly challenged and then it´s over in 15-20 min and offers no challenge whatsoever. It´s allmost come to the point that i like bad groups when dooing a FP like Lost Island.

I know the trend is short FP´s and bypassing as much as possible so the FP ends up even shorter. That doesn´t mean i have to like it. People end up in highlevel gear too fast and the FP drops become obsolete. The FP ends up as a quick grind for 5 BH coms.

When RotHc comes out i hope they will do something to FP´s especially. Make them harder. Make hard mode require full level55 normal FP gear and perfect skill + coordination. Reduce the difference between level 55 tioneese and columi level gear. Make all bosses drop the same level gear so all bosses are worth killing. Make hard mode gear = story mode OP and make NiM FP = hard mode OP. Then put hard and NiM FP on a weekly lockout timer.

Also, dont let crafters make BiS armorings/mods/enhancements. People should have to work for their gear. Remove or greatly reduce the use of BH commendations or whatever you will call them in RotHc. People should have to work for their gear. And i´m not a huge fan of the trend with sending endgame mod/armoring to alts through legacy gear. That´s not a huge issue, at least they still have to earn the mod/armoring on their main.

Just do something to make sure it takes more than a day or two to get full columi level gear. Yes i still do FP because i like dooing FP, but ofc it adds something when there´s actually a chance of failure and maybe even a chance for an upgrade to drop.

I dont mind keeping storymode FP easy and shorter, maybe with fewer mobs so you can do them faster. I wouldn´t even mind keeping hardmode and NiM FP out of groupfinder. I saw the FP dev guy say something like we dont want to make harder FP´s because they end up beeing real pug killers. That was in regard to the lost island FP. I cried a little inside when i read that.

Sadly so True , But it like that in every game I have ever Played EQ 1 EQ 2 yes even in EQ 2 , WOW , Rift , and a few others I have played over the years , this how it is in all the MMO atm :((... Sw tor is no Diff and to be honest , I don't see why others get so upset over it .... if there is ops raids etc to run the they will gear fast ..... no way around it ...

They prolly are gonna nerf RE but are you so sure you want that ...

I'll repeat there is no way to stop how fast we gear ,, they really have to do that to not gimp us , those that are skilled . etc in WoW it might help some to do what thy do with gear . gear check etc but do we all really want that to

they could limit how many HM we do a day , even thu GF etc ..... but other then that, once a guild or group of friends hit 55 there one main goal will be OPS , and how fast they get in them :) That's End game ..

Edited by moonshoter

If Bioware is smart they will make a NiM difficulty for all the current FPs and another level of diffiulty for ops.They probably won't, but it would be great if they did so all of the flashpoints, EV and KP don't becomes useless. Edited by mastirkal

If Bioware is smart they will make a NiM difficulty for all the current FPs and another level of diffiulty for ops.They probably won't, but it would be great if they did so all of the flashpoints, EV and KP don't becomes useless.

Rift Has that , called master mode its awesome but once you run so many times it turns like the OP said ...

AND LI or T2 mode was suppose to be that but we have yet to see anymore T2 type FP in HM .... or Even SM and if I remember a few times back they said we would get more T1 ones and T2 but were are they ?

Edited by moonshoter

When RotHc comes out i hope they will do something to FP´s especially. Make them harder. Make hard mode require full level55 normal FP gear and perfect skill + coordination.

Hang on, you're assuming that everyone that currently plays the game is going to buy the expansion. If I for example chose not to buy the expansion and wanted to gear a new level 50 alt for the current operations now (i.e. EC and TFB SM) how on earth would I get them in columi 136 rated gear if I had to have gear of that level in the first place just to play the flashpoints/ops?

Your logic in that sense defeats the purpose, the current HM flashpoints of tier 1 difficulty are only "too easy" because they are not designed for players of a higher gear level than 51's. Bar fixing the exploits/boss skipping they shouldn't be touched IMO, they provide a good stepping stone to the current "136 rated" content and people shouldn't be forced into buying an expansion just to play that.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

Hang on, you're assuming that everyone that currently plays the game is going to buy the expansion. If I for example chose not to buy the expansion and wanted to gear a new level 50 alt for the current operations now (i.e. EC and TFB SM) how on earth would I get them in columi 136 rated gear if I had to have gear of that level in the first place just to play the flashpoints/ops?

Your logic in that sense defeats the purpose, the current HM flashpoints of tier 1 difficulty are only "too easy" because they are not designed for players of a higher gear level than 51's. Bar fixing the exploits/boss skipping they shouldn't be touched IMO, they provide a good stepping stone to the current "136 rated" content and people shouldn't be forced into buying an expansion just to play that.

Hard mode FP´s is pr. definition at least the way i see it end game content, and ofc it would be targeted at players with the expansion.. Storymode FP is another thing. I have no problem excluding level 50 players from hard mode FP´s when max level is raised.

The way it is today you can only sign up for hard mode FP if you are max level. I dont think that will change. Ofc only time will tell.

Maybe EAware will just add 2 new FP with the expansion and keep the level 50 FP´s as they are.

Edited by Petnil

Short version: "Crafters shouldn't be able to function because I won't feel like a unique and pretty snowflake if they do."

If the idea that someone can buy a particular mod from a crafter--one that's available in one piece of equipment for instance, instead of running the same damned op for 72 weeks to get all 9 they need is something that bothers you, it's time to do some internal re-evaluation. If you can't enjoy an MMO because someone else might have something you have, that's something you need to sort out for yourself. Not something the devs need to sort out for you.

Myself, I'm glad I can trade those stabs and shorten the process instead of running the same damned op, praying to win a roll on the same damned belt over and over again for more than a year.

I don't really craft either, but ffs, leave the crafters alone. They've got a good thing going right now (at least, CTs and artificers). Their ability to enjoy and influence an economy does not have a negative impact your ability to complete and enjoy raids. At all.

I feel the same way concerning BIS Armorings, Implants, Earpieces, Hilts and Barrels. I feel that Mods and Enhancements should be allowed to a limited extent, but the armorings, hilts, barrels need to stop. You need a reason to run the Operations, at its current state there is no reason to run TFB hardmode gearwise, everything can be purchased from the GTN.

A flagging system could work, allow people to wear the items if they have unlocked certain bosses in either story or hard mode. I like the idea of a NM Flashpoint with a lockout, include a drop that unlocks 1 piece of gear each time it is completed. The crafting is getting out of hand, I know of players that have a full set of level 63 PVE gear that have never set foot inside an operation, and that is their main character!

I'm not saying that crafter's shouldn't be able to make anything current, but not every BIS item should be able to purchased from the GTN because it was crafted, there needs to be a limit. There are 2 ways to do that, either a flagging system to use the item, or limit the recipes available to crafters from RE.

I feel the same way concerning BIS Armorings, Implants, Earpieces, Hilts and Barrels. I feel that Mods and Enhancements should be allowed to a limited extent, but the armorings, hilts, barrels need to stop. You need a reason to run the Operations, at its current state there is no reason to run TFB hardmode gearwise, everything can be purchased from the GTN.

Not everyone has the credits required to buy everything from the GTN. Most people run TFB HM to get geared (especially with the armorings) and purchase only a handful of mods from the GTN.

yes crafting should make sense in some way or another. But it´s gotten way out of hand. Just the same as FP should make sense in some way. More than just the first few days you are level 50. I would honestly rather screw crafters than people running FP´s and OP´s. And it´s not that i run OP´s. My thing is mainly group content, and that´s what i´m trying to adress in this post.

stay on target.... stay on target.....

personally the hard mode and nightmare mode are one of the contributing factors in making end game content boring and completed far too fast. beside how many times do you really want to go through the same zones over and over and over with only a different mechanic or two. wouldn't you just want fresh new instances to do? but i guess when you come from only one mmo whose success came from dumbing down mmo content so the masses can enjoy with that mechanic it isn't all that unusually. but what is ironic is that many of these players who want more of this mechanic also are those that will complain how boring it is, how fast it is ran through and unchallenging it is at end game. go figure.

the ease of acquiring bh coms is the problem and not the difficulty of the fp. when the hm fp were done before the bh coms they were a challenge and took time. now everyone is over geared with bh gear making them trivial. a level cap increase will remove this but if the same mechanic is used in the the new 55 fp, then it is here to stay. it is just one of many nails the games coffin is slowly acquiring.

When RotHc comes out i hope they will do something to FP´s especially. Make them harder. Make hard mode require full level55 normal FP gear and perfect skill + coordination. Reduce the difference between level 55 tioneese and columi level gear. Make all bosses drop the same level gear so all bosses are worth killing. Make hard mode gear = story mode OP and make NiM FP = hard mode OP. Then put hard and NiM FP on a weekly lockout timer.

Here's my problems with what you're suggesting:

1 - What you're suggesting is adding an extra grind for endgame players. Soon enough all endgame raiders will start doing these lockout NiM FP's to gear up faster. Now, to make sure we complete certain operations faster, we'll also have to split up our 8-mans into 2 four-mans.

2 - If people can get the exact same gear by doing 4-mans and never needing to do 8-mans, there's going to be even less reason for guilds to do operations. 16-mans are already sparse because there's very little incentive to do 16-mans. It's a sad truth.

3 - Redoing the same FP on a harder difficulty is a terrible idea. I already don't like doing NiM EC as it's the same operation I've seen for months and months. For about 5 months we were suck with doing HM EC until TFB came out... and now we're back to doing it again? I don't care if you throw in 3 new mechanics on a boss fight. It's the same pixelated models and 90% of the fight is exactly the same. That is the laziest way to release "new" content: by painting the blue guy red and increasing his damage and health by X%.

Edited by Lostpenguins

ofc your right penguin. i ment to have NiM FP drop normal mode OP gear. Just a miss type. Ofc the gearprogression from hard mode FP to NiM should only be one tier. my bad. I´ve edited OP.

About dooing the same FP´s and OP´s over and over just with increased dificulty. Ofc we all rather have new OP´s and FP´s. Developing a total new OP or FP would however take alot longer than adjusting difficulty and gear of existing OP´s and FP´s.

Also, if only the latest few OP´s and FP´s were worth dooing because the earlier content had lower itemlevel gear, then we would most likely only run the latest FP and get bored even faster than now. I hope we get both new FP´s and OP´s for those who are into OP´s, and we keep the different levels of each OP and FP

come to think about it, normal mode is story right ?

story - hard - NiM. There isn´t a normal mode ? (i realy dont do OP´s. I like the dungeon type content alot more than OP´s content. OP´s tend to get too disciplined. The bigger the OP, the more discipline you need, and i like to talk alot on TS. In a small group there´s more room for all to smalltalk and shout out when **** happens.

Short version: "Crafters shouldn't be able to function because I won't feel like a unique and pretty snowflake if they do."

If the idea that someone can buy a particular mod from a crafter--one that's available in one piece of equipment for instance, instead of running the same damned op for 72 weeks to get all 9 they need is something that bothers you, it's time to do some internal re-evaluation. If you can't enjoy an MMO because someone else might have something you have, that's something you need to sort out for yourself. Not something the devs need to sort out for you.

Myself, I'm glad I can trade those stabs and shorten the process instead of running the same damned op, praying to win a roll on the same damned belt over and over again for more than a year.

I don't really craft either, but ffs, leave the crafters alone. They've got a good thing going right now (at least, CTs and artificers). Their ability to enjoy and influence an economy does not have a negative impact your ability to complete and enjoy raids. At all.

Well said about the Crafters most of the ones selling the mods are in end game guilds , I have talked to like how it works and some even want others to learn what they know , but sense some do complain loud and hard about it I see Re being Nerfed bad big time and trades becoming worthless ... I hope not I hope Re stys how it is and improves, this is one mistake if it is a mistake that should sty ... .. but it won't :(* but so many I talk to want it just how it is now ...

You should not be able to craft bis mods. Those crafted mods should be able to help you get to the end gear, but not be a requirement to do so either.

Ops need to be longer, atm they are nothing more than fp's where you need more people. And the fp's atm have absolutely no bearing on what you do in an endgame op, the gear is far too low to be any help. There are more issues with gear/endgame content then we seem to realize

I am speaking from someone who has not cleared HM EC or even the first boss on HM TFB. There are still lots of people who play this game that are not full dread guard who are not farming HM and NiM ops and are still progressing through the content. My guild in particular has three progression ops groups the first one just cleared EC HM this past weekend the second Group is working EC HM and the third started out on EC SM and cleared it this last weekend. I am in the third group but fill in this the first group when needed. I personally enjoy each of the ops even though it is the same mechanics just harder. As far as crafting goes, allowing us to buy high level gear or trade mats for them allows there to be some wiggle room for player error during boss fights. No one is perfect and wont mess up a mechanic here and there, so having a little forgiviness because of gear is nice. FP are for farming BH coms and gearing your new 50 in columi. If you dont like speed runs find a guild that will do the whole thing with you or just ask if the group minds but do it at the beginning not half way through. No matter what bioware does not everyone will be happy i am sure not every single WOW players is happy with every feature of WOW but you get used to it or quit. I am excited to see from T2 FP in RotHc because who really want to run esseles on HM one more time :)

This game has too many "difficulty levels" for content. Normal mode flashpoints are pointless at level 50. Most people just go straight to Hard Mode flashpoints as fresh 50s. Every new flashpoint should just have one difficulty setting. Furthermore, Nightmare and Hard mode operations are redundant and should be merged. No one wants to progress through the same operation three times, and it's hard (if not impossible) to make each difficulty level appropriately rewarding.

come to think about it, normal mode is story right ?

story - hard - NiM. There isn´t a normal mode ? (i realy dont do OP´s. I like the dungeon type content alot more than OP´s content. OP´s tend to get too disciplined. The bigger the OP, the more discipline you need, and i like to talk alot on TS. In a small group there´s more room for all to smalltalk and shout out when **** happens.

story was called normal mode at one time then in a patch BW change it think with LFG .. :) ..

A flagging system could work, allow people to wear the items if they have unlocked certain bosses in either story or hard mode. I like the idea of a NM Flashpoint with a lockout, include a drop that unlocks 1 piece of gear each time it is completed. The crafting is getting out of hand, I know of players that have a full set of level 63 PVE gear that have never set foot inside an operation, and that is their main character!

I'm not saying that crafter's shouldn't be able to make anything current, but not every BIS item should be able to purchased from the GTN because it was crafted, there needs to be a limit. There are 2 ways to do that, either a flagging system to use the item, or limit the recipes available to crafters from RE.

there is another way around this a friend said they should look at improve Rein leave it how it is but improve it

IF you raid give you things far better then gear its Poss u can only get in OPS to me that's a much better way why not let every one have the gear etc but give us OPS only drops not NERF RE still let those that want to gear up gear even is they don't raid , so what if they have the gear, in the end most guilds wont take you any way , gear or not unless you run with them for a few weeks then they vote any good raiding guild does it that way .. most really good raiding guilds want skilled players and gear doe not replace skill ..

SO I still don't understand why so much BS over gear .. and yes I have RUN NIM EC to kephess etc Idc if others have gear its part of the game .. but do make ops only drops not let it be gear ,,, but let gear drop so other can re it etc its really nice the way things are now .. but that's all ending soon

Edited by tanktest

If they are going to nerf the ability to RE mods, they had better stop making the highest tier of gear with ****house mods in it. Having to buy 5 pairs of BH gloves so I could get the proper mods when 61's were the highest tier, having no set pieces with proper enhancements in them (MH/OH are the only ones that were properly itemised) for the 63's, having no access at all to armourings for the belt and bracers slot unless you were incredibly, incredibly lucky and a random piece dropped from The Writhing Horror as NiEC wasn't done yet.

A guildy did some calculations. TFB has been out for 18 weeks, which would be enough to fully gear up 23 characters assuming it was run twice a week. If you are like us and pushed the content, then started RE'ing so you could gear up some of the lesser skilled and geared characters and alts, you should be allowed to. After 5 months of HM EC, and now nearly 5 months of HM TFB, I see no problems in people gearing up by purchasing their gear with credits. After this long I see it as preparing for the next op.

As to your other point, people who don't run op's probably do need more content. I'm not sure if three tiers for flash points is the answer though. That already gets a bit annoying for the op's. As other have said, doing the same thing for 5 months and then going back in again to see the exact same thing again just harder, it's getting old.