Idea for future storyline conduct.

mrdecerto

I think if you done a hostage type story that the players would get a main companion taken away and the storyline would be that of a resuce and save to get her or him back. You could some how work Jaxo back into the story.

First, let me say I do like the idea of a companion being kidnapped. The problem is choosin which one. It would work better as future companion stories in my opinion.

Bringing back Ava Jaxo I also support. I wish we could have gotten her as a trooper companion. The only problem is that the only way she would return is if you saved her. Her return would be based on the indiviual players choices.

• 4 weeks later...
Bringing back Ava Jaxo I also support. I wish we could have gotten her as a trooper companion. The only problem is that the only way she would return is if you saved her. Her return would be based on the indiviual players choices.

Exactly. Characters that live or die by player choices (such as

Sgt. Ava Jaxo, or Harron Tavus, just to mention 2 from the Trooper story),

have a sort of a Schrodinger's Cat existence -- in the wider context of the game, their "alive-ness" is indeterminate. So, the only thing BioWare can do (without really stretching plausibility to the breaking point) is to make sure you never see them in the game again.

(My Trooper saved Jaxo, but she still had a breakdown and left the SIS. He got Tavus to surrender, but he's now in detention somewhere. He rescued Fuse from Tatooine, but still had to get Vik the Jerk for the demolition job on the Gauntlet.

It's events like these that show how illusory our choices within the story are).

As for the original idea, at least on 2 of the Storylines -- the Consular and the Trooper, you do temporarily "lose" a companion, due to events in Chapter 3 or the end of Chapter 2.

Edited by Ancaglon