Regarding Revan

khayyinx

I have some questions about Revan and his history and i'd like to have some canon sources for the answers.

1- Revan, after being turned to the dark side by the emperor and found the star forge was thinking about taking the empire and killing the emperor. That's why he was building the star forge's army. He was never pro Republic neither pro empire completely. Is that right?

2- When was Revan in his prime? when fighting the emperor in SW:KOTOR Revan novel, when he get his full memory back? (although he was 3 years imprisioned and drugged, maybe his prime was right after KOTOR I, when he's kinda unstoppable)

3- When did Revan built his assassin droid HK-47? Was he already the dark lord of the sith?

PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS THREAD ANOTHER REVAN BATTLE. Feel free to post questions or anything that's not a VS. post etc.

I have some questions about Revan and his history and i'd like to have some canon sources for the answers.

1- Revan, after being turned to the dark side by the emperor and found the star forge was thinking about taking the empire and killing the emperor. That's why he was building the star forge's army. He was never pro Republic neither pro empire completely. Is that right?

Yes. This is confirmed in one of BioWare's timeline videos for TOR (I'm not sure which), and even Kreia says this (he deliberately left some Republic infrastructure intact in order to eventually use it in a war with the Emperor's Sith Empire).

2- When was Revan in his prime? when fighting the emperor in SW:KOTOR Revan novel, when he get his full memory back? (although he was 3 years imprisioned and drugged, maybe his prime was right after KOTOR I, when he's kinda unstoppable)

Yeah, either during KOTOR 1 or for the brief time after he reclaimed his mask. After all by then he had all his memories back and he'd been redeemed, with extensive knowledge of both sides of the Force.

3- When did Revan built his assassin droid HK-47? Was he already the dark lord of the sith?

Shortly after the Mandalorian Wars, according to KOTOR.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Revan and Malak had already fallen to the darkside by the time they met the Emperor, he just turned them into Sith Lords. He sent them back to conquer the Republic but along the way Revan broke free of his control and decided to conquer the Republic for himself. G0T0 mentions that he left some Republic infrastructure intact in preperation for combating the Sith Empire eventually later on. Edited by OldVengeance

Revan and Malak had already fallen to the darkside by the time they met the Emperor, he just turned them into Sith Lords. He sent them back to conquer the Republic but along the way Revan broke free of his control and decided to conquer the Republic for himself. G0T0 mentions that he left some Republic infrastructure intact in preperation for combating the Sith Empire eventually later on.

Partially true.

Revan was turned to the darkside by three things:

- the Mando War (we all know what war does to some people)

- the Emperor messing with his mind the whole time (he states this in TOR, which implies that this influenced his fall more then anything)

- the horrors of Malachor V

That's it in a nutshell. We don't know EXACTLY when he fell because several sources tell us different things.

I get the feeling that he has not reached his prime yet;

- BW is keeping Revan's story open with the way he disappears in the FP.

- Vitiate is not dead yet. And the destiny of the two are somehow intertwined. I don't think Revan's story ends before Vitiate's does.

-If BW ever released a full expansion for SWTOR, let's face it; a potential title like "Revenge/Return of the Revanites" is something that is a guaranteed mass-sell.

So I think there's plenty of story left in him, in all of which he will have to become "more powerful than you can possibly imagine" ;) Only time will tell, though.

Edited by Andge

Partially true.

Revan was turned to the darkside by three things:

- the Mando War (we all know what war does to some people)

- the Emperor messing with his mind the whole time (he states this in TOR, which implies that this influenced his fall more then anything)

- the horrors of Malachor V

That's it in a nutshell. We don't know EXACTLY when he fell because several sources tell us different things.

That's not exactly what he said. The closet thing he says to that is "I accepted violence and darkness and The Emperor called to me across the galaxy." The Emperor has never shown to be able to influence people to the darkside from across the galaxy other than his Children. I don't think that indicates the Emperor influenced his actions during the war, until they met. Revan's tactics during the war, including ordering the Mass Shadow Generator to activate on Malachor V in the first place, implies he was already turning to the darkside long before he met the Sith Emperor.

That's not exactly what he said. The closet thing he says to that is "I accepted violence and darkness and The Emperor called to me across the galaxy." The Emperor has never shown to be able to influence people to the darkside from across the galaxy other than his Children. I don't think that indicates the Emperor influenced his actions during the war, until they met. Revan's tactics during the war, including ordering the Mass Shadow Generator to activate on Malachor V in the first place, implies he was already turning to the darkside long before he met the Sith Emperor.

We know this is true as his 'operatives' like Atton Rand were active before Malachor V and because we know he planned to have as many Jedi who weren't totally loyal to him as possible at Malachor when the MSG went off.

Darth Malak seems to think that Revan was stronger when they fought in Kotor that he was when he was a Sith Lord, so I imagine that Revan's prime was right after the end of the first game.

Yeah it'd be somewhere in there. It'd be after the first game and likely during the Revan novel.

2- When was Revan in his prime? when fighting the emperor in SW:KOTOR Revan novel, when he get his full memory back? (although he was 3 years imprisioned and drugged, maybe his prime was right after KOTOR I, when he's kinda unstoppable).

I find this question obvious. As a sith he was powerful but eventually surpassed by Malak. As a jedi he became even stronger than he ever was as a sith and surpassed Malak. When he reclaims his mask and all of his memories he now has all the knowledge and power he had as a sith and all the knowledge and power he had as a jedi put together. In the foundry he had just gotten out of a 300 yr imprisonment where his strength and secrets were being drained by the emperor while he was trying to fight him off, due to this there was no way he could be at full strength. So its obvious that Revan's at his strongest when he regained his memories and fought the emperor.