Playing all classes takes too much time

AlanWhiteWolf

Hey guys does anyone else want to play every class but really not have the time? Or really not want to grind out the quests 4 times?

I have 3 level 50's and a level 40 and I feel like all that leveling should give me some kind of xp increase. If it were at all possible to be able to level to 50 just by doing the class quests and planet main quests that would be awsome. Im just tired of doing all the quests over and over.

Like if by doing all quests on a planet would unlock a legacy option to gain 200% xp on that planet or something? How do you guys feel about that?

Like if by doing all quests on a planet would unlock a legacy option to gain 200% xp on that planet or something? How do you guys feel about that?

I agree. It'd be neat if there were some kind of server-wide events where the game gave you double experience.

Edited by MediumD

I agree. It'd be neat if there were some kind of server-wide events where the game gave you double experience. That way you'd only need to play class missions to level your umpteenth alt.

(I'm sorry if I didn't catch your irony)

*cough* Double exp weekends *cough*

Edited by Never_Hesitate

(I'm sorry if I didn't catch your irony)

*cough* Double exp weekends *cough*

I have a gunslinger I'm playing only during these weekend events, because I can't stand anything but class quests. To the Op's point, some kind of permanent boosting mechanism would be welcome once RotHC drops.

Edited by MediumD

In the beginning did all the missions I could find, but quickly you outlevel everything. Especially when you PvP or do FPs regularly.

Right now I have several characters, just doing FPs and occasional planets for class missions, it works fine.

If you just want to do class missions and hit 50, then I suggest killing a lot of stuff. For that using the right XP boosers is advisable, and as suggested using the double XP weekends.

I agree. It'd be neat if there were some kind of server-wide events where the game gave you double experience.

Or better yet, legacy options that can give you increases to your XP. Then have them stack on with this double xp event.

Hey guys does anyone else want to play every class but really not have the time? Or really not want to grind out the quests 4 times?

I have 3 level 50's and a level 40 and I feel like all that leveling should give me some kind of xp increase. If it were at all possible to be able to level to 50 just by doing the class quests and planet main quests that would be awsome. Im just tired of doing all the quests over and over.

For me I want the unlocks and to enjoy the storylines of having played all the classes, but I really don't enjoy playing the same minor storylines time and again. I'd LOVE a permanent double-XP situation on each side (Light/Dark) once you've completed that side once.

Double XP weekends have been incredible about increasing my enjoyment in the game. Like many players, I am less interested in the endgame gear-grind of generic MMO and much more prone to enjoy the storyline of a quality Bioware game. I've been subscribed for quite a while and basically just bang my way to the end of the class mission, then drop the character and start over with a new class or alignment path.

The world missions kill me. Specifically Alderaan and Voss on Republic side; they are so incredibly boring and I've already done them a dozen times. Leveling up a second Consular to go Dark Side or building another Smuggler to try Gunslinger instead of Scoundrel still gives me a lot of fun, until I get to these worlds where I know I have to do the exact same story again, and the missions were obnoxious the first time.

With the Double XP weekends, I basically only have to do my Class Mission and then about 1/3 of the world missions. That allows me to pick and choose, trading it up with each new character so the experience stays somewhat fresh and fun, instead of the tedious drudgery of knowing that I will have to do basically every single non-Heroic world mission, plus most Bonus Missions, just to keep up with the level of my Class Missions for progression.

Or better yet, legacy options that can give you increases to your XP. Then have them stack on with this double xp event.

:eek: if only we had this option in game already, and if only they stacked with double xp weekends

... oh wait, we already do

I have a gunslinger I'm playing only during these weekend events, because I can't stand anything but class quests. To the Op's point, some kind of permanent boosting mechanism would be welcome once RotHC drops.

they have that, its called legacy xp boosts, you can boost xp in all areas by 30% through the unlocks, they can be purchased for credits, or Cartel coins if you would rather.

they stack with the double xp from the weekends, so ya its already available. anything more would be compromising the leveling experience making it too fast.

making the leveling experience too fast is never a good option, as what you consider to be too slow, could be just right to someone else

Edited by mithrelkhaar

All teasing aside, when the 200% weekends go away, and you're back to the regular leveling, here's what I've done:

1. Buy the legacy XP perks.

2. Buy a stack of XP boosts off of the GTN and keep them on all all times.

3. Do your class quests, and pick up side quests along the way.

4. By picking up the side quests, you can sometimes end up completing them at the same time as the class quests -- the "kill x mobs" can be in the same area.

5. Don't go out of your way to do any side quests you've seen before.

6. Once you've reached the end of the class quest on a planet, if your level is too low you can:

a. Enter a couple of PvP matches, or

b. Do some space missions that are yellow or orange, or

c. Run the bonus series for the planet you just finished.

Unless you are a rabid completionist, it is unlikely you've done every bonus series for every planet on your first toon.

Following the above, even without the double XP, I can level my toons without having to redo stuff I've seen before. I've got 8 level 50s and am working on my 9th.

Oh, and if you alternate between Republic and Imperial, that helps as well.

Edited by Khevar

i dont think bw will read this forum or suggestion forum,

many times i posted about let alts can level only do their class story but bw ignore that.

I play tanks and healers for the simple reason of getting into flashpoints faster...and because I enjoy playing the roles. I tried to stick with DPS but I prefer fhalshpoints and wz over running though a quest grind and I don't like long que times.

I have the 3 tanks and a op healer @50 on the Emp side and I have a Scoundrel healer and a Shadow tank on the Pub side I'm focusing on for the double XP(lvl 30 and 42). I find I already have too much to do so I might stop there. I can't hope to run everything through even the daily hardmode every day as it is. I'm already goign to have to pick a few to focus on and leave the rest for maybe when the expansion has been out a while and I can share some mods.

Couldn't agree less.

I have 6 50s, 4 40+ and 2 under 40.

countless of alts deleted after getting high level (tops would be mercenary and sorc deleted at 48t level).

I can safely say I played all 8 AC and their republic counters to atleast L 30.

And I'm not a no life either, live with my GF, have full time job + half time job and family life,dogs, etc.

key is not to spend time in game doing nothing (like some people log in just to chat for 2 hours - and then they cry that they don';t have money for repairs lol).

if you don't like doing some planet (I hate Hoth for example), do space missions. pop in on alt1, do space mission daily (usualy 2-4 missions) and then log alt2 to exp.

crafting? sure, between space missions/cooking/toilet etc (wash your hands!).

it's about organizing time.

Really? Are class quests really all that different from non-class quests? I mean, is there something I'm missing, or aren't they pretty similar, for the most part?

All due respect to the devs, but it seems like you are choosing to regard class quests as different than non-class quests on spec, without really trying enough of the non-class quests.

I have found many of the non-class quests to be very enjoyable, while not being a complete departure from the class content - and some, I have found to be far superior!

Or I could be crazy...

Really? Are class quests really all that different from non-class quests? I mean, is there something I'm missing, or aren't they pretty similar, for the most part?

All due respect to the devs, but it seems like you are choosing to regard class quests as different than non-class quests on spec, without really trying enough of the non-class quests.

I have found many of the non-class quests to be very enjoyable, while not being a complete departure from the class content - and some, I have found to be far superior!

Or I could be crazy...

I think you're missing the key difference between class quests and planetary quests.

There are 8 different set of class stories. There are only 2 different sets of planetary / side quests.

Do one Republic Toon, one Imperial Toon, run the planetary quests on both. Any other class stories you see will be new, but everything else will be the same.

However, see my post above, it's possible with legacy xp perks and the bonus xp consumable to minimize the amount of repeated questing.

You guys all keep saying "oh well there is already double xp weekends that stack with the xp boosts" yady dady daahhh and you keep trolling people asking for more.

Do you not realize that double xp weekends are limited? It will not happen again for a long time after the Xpack release. That means back to grinding out the same planet quests flashpoints warzones and space missions. BORING.

You know BioWare, your giving away your story for free but some of us have been paying for it since release. It would be nice if we could pay to not have to do grindy crap. Increase that lousy 30% xp to 200%.

Well, its not the length that is the problem, its the boring classes that are the problem, Smuggler, Trooper, Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter are the boring classes, the playstyle is just so freaking boring, i am sure the storylines are fun, but the whole blaster thing is just snorefest.

It wouldn't be a problem if there was a melee choice, but the way combat is done makes it rather problematic, requiring you to use specific companions while doing specific roles, which i think is a huge mistake, but thats a totally different subject.

Overall, Melee is fun, ranged is boring and a quick way to kill off a game.

I was hoping to be able to level up each class to see the story and get their buff unlocked, but sadly, i can't stomach the gameplay of the blaster wielding classes, so i really, REALLY wish they would allow the buffs to be unlocked via cartel coins, cause i will not be completing the ranged classes due to them being dull and boring.

You guys all keep saying "oh well there is already double xp weekends that stack with the xp boosts" yady dady daahhh and you keep trolling people asking for more.

Do you not realize that double xp weekends are limited? It will not happen again for a long time after the Xpack release. That means back to grinding out the same planet quests flashpoints warzones and space missions. BORING.

You know BioWare, your giving away your story for free but some of us have been paying for it since release. It would be nice if we could pay to not have to do grindy crap. Increase that lousy 30% xp to 200%.

I remember the developers saying that each class will not experience the same quests, every classes' experiences will be different, i guess they lied about that too. eh? lol

I remember the developers saying that each class will not experience the same quests, every classes' experiences will be different, i guess they lied about that too. eh? lol

Well, CLASS quests are different.

also conversations of shared quests are different, my trooper isn't called a Jedi, my Sin wasnt called a smuggler, and my rattataki Agent was an alien scum.

unless you spacebarred all conversations, even playing Sith Warrior twice (well, second warrior is only 44 atm, and I am not counting sith warriors that I got to L 35, deleted, and started over when I changed my mind lol - altoholic) is very different (well, not very, but conversations are)