Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly disappointed that there wasn't another wave of weapon models in this one (cartel pack), but that's okay, I realize stuff needs to be spread out a little. The inclusion of the Imperial uniform, though, means at some point I'm going to be spending far too many coins, and so will the roommate. It'll be rather nice to have a loyalist Imp with the entire crew in matching uniforms.

Side query: Any chance you guys could remove the blockage on vendoring cartel items? All the excess semi-worthless items aren't selling on the GTN and they're of no use other than eating up space, may as well let us get the handful of scrip a vendor will give in exchange.

It would be really nice if you made to minor changes to things.

1) Provide a list of all the items in the package and classification of each. (Rare, Ultra Rare, etc) Right now Dulfy has a decent list, but not the classification on status. I was VERY Pissed when I got two banners in one pack and they are called "RARE" - Really? I disagree.

2) Allow us to sell these items to vendors if no longer wanted.

It would be really nice if you made to minor changes to things.

1) Provide a list of all the items in the package and classification of each. (Rare, Ultra Rare, etc) Right now Dulfy has a decent list, but not the classification on status. I was VERY Pissed when I got two banners in one pack and they are called "RARE" - Really? I disagree.

2) Allow us to sell these items to vendors if no longer wanted.

Point 1: Though I haven't noticed any way to determine rare from 'ultra' rare, the color of the cartel symbol on the item is a reference to its rarity. They'd do well to change it from gold/silver/copper to something a little more distinctive, as their copper(or bronze, whatever!) and gold are a little close to each other on the palette.

Point 2: Yeah, that's long overdue.

Banners are fluff items that really service no purpose. They aren't even useful in the sense that the ball toss is, casual stupid fun. Yay. It's a rotating sign. So? This isn't something that should eat up a slot in a pack that costs real money. Nor should the vast majority of crafting materials that get tossed in there. Lorrdian gemstones? I get those on *every* treasure hunthing gemstone return. That's not rare, nor useful in most cases. If all the crafting mats from packs were *actual* rare mats (purple bordered, or tier 7+ materials), then we might be talking.

Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013 blog in this thread!

Is this some kind of joke? No word on SGR, more info on RotHC, Ilum revamp, secret space project, 1.7, Cathar, server transfers or CTD bug, you you guys have enough time to make a post like this about stuff that's already in patch notes?

Your priorities, I see them.

Is this some kind of joke? No word on SGR, more info on RotHC, Ilum revamp, secret space project, 1.7, Cathar, server transfers or CTD bug, you you guys have enough time to make a post like this about stuff that's already in patch notes?

This is helpful as it tells us when discounts are finishing and when the limited items are going to be taken out and that information wasn't in the patch notes. Maybe visit the suggestions box ? Not sure. I think that keeping us in the dark over when these are going to be removed would have been a bad idea myself.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Yes. How dare they waste precious time writing a small article to let us know whats new and going away from the cartel market. They clearly must have wasted weeks of effort that could have gone into developing these other features and getting the info to us.

Sarcasm aside, writers and community team members wouldn't be working on feature development or bug fixes. So, an article like this doesn't slow anything down. As for letting us know more about upcoming features, I'm sure there is a higher up somewhere that has give the OK to dish out any new info. Such info will likely be spoon fed out just slow enough to keep the community interested while saving the surprise factor for later. For all we know, there might even be articles and promotional videos complete or nearly complete just waiting for someone to give the go ahead to let us see them.

Please update it so that the mats we get in packs have a higher chance for being for the crew skills that the buyer and/or the opener actually use.

Add a vendor for those that want to switch the old gear for the new unintentional look - Revan, Phanton, etc - and vice versa. So those that want each can have them.

A way to earn them, Cartel Coins, in game would be great, like maybe trade daily comms/bh for some.

Please make it so the gear sets have all parts: helm, chest, legs, boots, bracers, belt.

Companion gifts and banners should not count a super rare.

For subs, please add into the ledger when we get our monthly allotment.

Make the gear sets sellable to vendors and also Bind on Legacy.

Really would like head items in the armor packs we can use low lvl, like the cowboy hat for the smuggler.

If you add a trooper set like that next plis use a better one then the lvl 40 pvp armors for troopers.

Balmorra elite commando set would be nice.

And plis make new armors that is iconic, the alredy ingame armors gets old fast.

And plis make animal mounts !!!!!!!! i want a boga, do you EA have any idee how many people will buy them ?

Also put animal mounts for pvp and pve veterans they can earn.

- Interesting Despot set, currently wearing it full with Revan's mask on my main Juggernaut. Would be be best if not the life support (or whatever it is) pack on the back - looks obstructive for a melee combatant.

- Very incompetent design of the Conservator's robe. Armored leg pieces do not fit the chest at all and the cybernetics on the shoulders are giving it a nasty look. Only plus - it's hood down. The helmet for the set looks wrong but I am sure you already received a feedback on that creature. Chest piece somewhat fits the rest of the Battle Expulsor set.

- Very disappointed with still too high prices on bound-to-character armor sets. Legacy system was one of the main concepts of TOR and it was to separate it from other MMOs. It was meant to be a game which encouraged alt-heavy playstyle. Adding such armor sets is a step back and moving away from your original promise, aim and ideal. I bought a top-shelf game on steam, which is only three months old, for 5 euro during Steam sales, while you are charging three times this for a character-bound armor set. In comparison with competition, prices in TOR are at least 2x higher and cash shop items in other titles tend to be account-wide.

- Weekly sets being character creation armor sets which we've seen in the game year ago, when creating our first characters. It's very dissapointing that they arrived in such way, after a year. One would expect that the iconic, character creation armor would be obtainable through game play in one way or another. This brings us to lack of creativity of the designers who, instead of making Star Wars gear everyone is looking for, are either re-using stuff already existing within the game or creating monsters like the very Conservator's helmet. I cannot justify such price for an armor set which is not even completely new.

- It is cartel market related - Subscriber's grant is too low. Waiting three months to get a single armor set is quite excessive.

- Still disappointed with cartel packs. I'd still prefer gear to be sold on its own. I have opened around 40 packs since f2p arrival and I have never found anything valuable. Only gold items I found were cheap endurance crystals.

January cartel update:

3/10

+ Good-looking and affordable (credit-wise) Despot's set

+ New pet designs

- More ridiculous armor designs (Conservator's)

- Low chances for unique (pack exclusive) items in packs

- Still too high prices for what is being offered.

- Re-using existing resources, which were used to tease players for a year, to push character creation armor sets into the cartel market.

- How many colours of the elegant loungewear are we going to get?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

It's good to get a warning about when you are removing these life day items. Thank you. Now I'm wondering if the life day pack is worth it ? I have 1550 cc or so so I would have to buy 900 cc , worth it ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Well, it's only worth it really if you like gimmicky items in MMO's. If you do, it's worth it. If you don't? Then skip on it :p.

Well I enjoy these packs coming out, but this pack seemed very lack luster overall. The color crystal is horrid. The dark red outline is so incredibly hard to see. Would be better as a reverse with the red inside and the orange outside.

Rehashing gear sets, and a few pets, and adding a couple of things.. Honestly, I think each pack needs to have it's own identity no rehashing stuff, by rehashing stuff you are driving the market price on things that are 'moderately' fun way down to where they are by no means unique because EVERYONE has them...

Most of the other shop stuff is kinda cool, the whole life day event if you ask me could've been done much better.. but it is what it is.

Armour sets are nice, even if you are slowly bumping up the price (yes, we noticed). Cartel Packs are a total rip off. If you want to keep the packs, make the individual items from the packs available for purchase. You'd make far more money that way because, let's face it, people know when a company is trying to rip them off. Like you're trying now...

- Interesting Despot set, currently wearing it full with Revan's mask on my main Juggernaut. Would be be best if not the life support (or whatever it is) pack on the back - looks obstructive for a melee combatant.

- Very incompetent design of the Conservator's robe. Armored leg pieces do not fit the chest at all and the cybernetics on the shoulders are giving it a nasty look. Only plus - it's hood down. The helmet for the set looks wrong but I am sure you already received a feedback on that creature. Chest piece somewhat fits the rest of the Battle Expulsor set.

- Very disappointed with still too high prices on bound-to-character armor sets. Legacy system was one of the main concepts of TOR and it was to separate it from other MMOs. It was meant to be a game which encouraged alt-heavy playstyle. Adding such armor sets is a step back and moving away from your original promise, aim and ideal. I bought a top-shelf game on steam, which is only three months old, for 5 euro during Steam sales, while you are charging three times this for a character-bound armor set. In comparison with competition, prices in TOR are at least 2x higher and cash shop items in other titles tend to be account-wide.

- Weekly sets being character creation armor sets which we've seen in the game year ago, when creating our first characters. It's very dissapointing that they arrived in such way, after a year. One would expect that the iconic, character creation armor would be obtainable through game play in one way or another. This brings us to lack of creativity of the designers who, instead of making Star Wars gear everyone is looking for, are either re-using stuff already existing within the game or creating monsters like the very Conservator's helmet. I cannot justify such price for an armor set which is not even completely new.

- It is cartel market related - Subscriber's grant is too low. Waiting three months to get a single armor set is quite excessive.

- Still disappointed with cartel packs. I'd still prefer gear to be sold on its own. I have opened around 40 packs since f2p arrival and I have never found anything valuable. Only gold items I found were cheap endurance crystals.

January cartel update:

3/10

+ Good-looking and affordable (credit-wise) Despot's set

+ New pet designs

- More ridiculous armor designs (Conservator's)

- Low chances for unique (pack exclusive) items in packs

- Still too high prices for what is being offered.

- Re-using existing resources, which were used to tease players for a year, to push character creation armor sets into the cartel market.

- How many colours of the elegant loungewear are we going to get?

^

this.

I have NO problem with the Cartel shop concept. It is the execution ($14 for ONE set of clothing) that is so lacking.

I am also concerned that subscribers are taking a back seat to the Cartel/FTP players.

I have bought a few packs but find I am less and less interested as each pack is released. This, i think, is pretty common and will really hurt the long term health of this game.

I gotta be honest as a subber I find the cartel items extremely useless. Some of the armors are cool but waaaaaaayyyy over priced. Besides the major boost packs, I really have nothing to spend my monthly allowance on. And since I noticed I've been getting ripped off on the time for the boosts, I'm not getting those anymore.

Maybe me being 40 has made me frugal, I cannot will myself to purchase anything you're selling.

I gotta be honest as a subber I find the cartel items extremely useless. Some of the armors are cool but waaaaaaayyyy over priced. Besides the major boost packs, I really have nothing to spend my monthly allowance on. And since I noticed I've been getting ripped off on the time for the boosts, I'm not getting those anymore.

Maybe me being 40 has made me frugal, I cannot will myself to purchase anything you're selling.

I agree with this.

On a side note, anybody else think it's funny that the newbie pack includes a "free" speeder...but you have to buy the pack to get the "free" item...

Doh! Saw "Cartel" and thought Packs, not Market.

I posted my thoughts on packs in the Suggestion forum.

But I do agree with many people here. We all get that you guys are banking on income from the Cartel Market- but you can go a LOT further to make it worth our while without putting a ton more effort.

Please look at your F2P competitors and what they are doing with their markets/stores. Then figure out how you can become a front-runner there as far as value of purchase. THAT will increase player enticement to purchase. The key is CONTINUED PURCHASING, not 1 and done. You want your customers to keep coming back to buy the next new thing, not have a bad experience (ala the Speeder and Piloting 1 debacle) and say "no more of that noise" and never come back to the store.

On the speeder & piloting1 problem, really what would have been the big issue by allowing account wide unlocks? You might have sold a LOT more!!!

Edited by FrameSplicer

Here's a suggestion for the RP crowd; costumes. SWG added these and they were quite fun. Maybe 200 CC for a reusable item that, when activated, turns you into different character for an hour? Lord Scourge? Revan? Satele Shan? Could be fun for the RP community, since they don't really get much.

Also, how about selling the gear sets as individual items? So we could either pay the stupid amount of CC for an entire outfit or just buy the pieces we like for a reasonable price. I like the Clandestine Officer Jacket, but the other pieces? No thanks. Doing it the current way is not going to force people to spend money for one item, they simply won't buy any of it. Being greedy can backfire y'know.

TBH the new Emote: Flourish is horribly made for lightsaber users. It is also bugged. If you already have your lightsaber out, it will disappear when after the flourish is done.

I love the idea of flourish and it was really needed. Please make more of them. But for the love of Star Wars; TEST THEM FIRST!

I also dislike that you include "rare" items from previous cartel packs in the new ones. Everyone has at least one of those items. Surely you don't want every male character to run around topless?

I hope you continue to release new Cartel Market items every week. Its really fun and exciting to see what comes next and its "new content" every single week.