Question about lightside-darkside for each class

Katano

I've been told playing a light side agent is "pro empire" or a dark side bounty hunter is ruthless professional so i'm wondering what would the following be considered?

Light side bounty hunter

light side sith warrior

dark side jedi knight

light side/dark side smuggler

dark side trooper

Like would it just be all dark side ones are jerks/ruthless and light side good/helping or is it more like the agent where the lightside is pro-empire, not just nice/bad?

Light side sith warrior is something like a honorable warrior who take prisoners and want to change the empire to not be so ruthless.

Dark side trooper is just killing more empire folks I think (I played light side so i'm not sure).

Dark Side Trooper is "The end justifies the means", and the end is Republic victory - at all costs.

Light Side Smuggler is quite pro-Republic, and quite a bit selfless - less about profit, more about helping people.

Dark Side Smuggler is "I want my profit, rest of the galaxy be damned!"

My 2 Cents.

Republic darkside is a bit bipolar, honestly. Most of the *major* decisions for both class and planet quests have you protecting the Republic at any cost; kill the few to save the many, allow a petty enemy more power in order to stop the greater threat, that sort of thing. The smuggler is a bit of an exception with darkside decisions slanted more toward greed and callousness, but the Knight and Trooper in particular pick up a lot of their DS points by killing dangerous enemies instead of attempting to redeem/arrest them, or confiscating supplies for the war instead of giving them to hapless locals, etc etc.

On the other hand there are a crapton of other smaller DS decisions that are purely petty malice. Hurting people for the evulz, as it were. A lot of them don't really make sense in the context of the wider story, either (a Jedi slowly falling to the Dark Side, maybe, but a trooper who was really the type of person to pull some of that crap would never have made it into Havoc Squad, much less stuck around trying to save planets from destruction). Of course, even if you skip them all, you can still make Dark IV or V by endgame. So you kind of have a choice of two different darkside characterizations: cackling comic book villain wannabe complete with glowing red eyes who seeks only the suffering and debasement of all other life, or crusading knight-templar who strives obsessively to pursue an overriding duty with no regard to the moral consequences or human cost.

Edited by Quething

Light side bounty hunter:mandalorian

light side sith warrior:honorable warrior who puts the good of the empire and his people in front of everything

dark side jedi knight:the most evil bastard in the universe

light side/dark side smuggler :pro republic privateer/evil pirate

dark side trooper:end justifies the means,victory at all costs

Edited by _biddan_

Very helpful thank you. I really want to play a lightside bounty hunter (not just picking every light side choice but playing in a more honorable mandor way). However for the entire hutta world it feels like light side choices = betraying my employer in some way or not actually being a bounty hunter but more of a jedi (who saves everyone, lets people go etc). Does it get better later on? Or will it always be like that?

Very helpful thank you. I really want to play a lightside bounty hunter (not just picking every light side choice but playing in a more honorable mandor way). However for the entire hutta world it feels like light side choices = betraying my employer in some way or not actually being a bounty hunter but more of a jedi (who saves everyone, lets people go etc). Does it get better later on? Or will it always be like that?

Light Side Bounty Hunter is great! I rolled a Dark Side bounty hunter and the ending is not as good as light. Gl with everything :)