Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

Erethrian

I have been leveling up 2 more characters (Smugger and Inquisitor) to 50 and my thought was "oh, Taris next" but then I got there and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think that having been there before I knew the routes around the place better so the frustration I felt the 1st times I ran it on an Pub and Imp went and I now like the planet quite a lot.

It was only the long walks that I disliked not the environment itself and with speeders that is not an issue.

So a bit tedious the first time with all the back and forth but after that I am a convert.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still on my first toon, so yes im enjoying the exploration of Taris, as well as the other planets. I thought i had finished all the quests last night, and was getting ready to say my goodbyes in general, then noticed a quest giver, who has now given me the bonus series! Off i go again, not quite ready to leave yet! :D

Nothing in this game comes close to the Taris of Knights of the Old Republic. That was one of the funnest locations in all of gaming.

Lets face it, nothing in this game comes close to KotOR or TSL (the Sith lords aka KOTOR II, yeah i know Kotor II wasnt even fnishied before release). However im in weird position since im still playing the game, and even have fun of it.

However i still miss that it havent done be better, and that its just another generic MMO instead of fine crpg with dialogues, and choices.

Taris on my Sorc and Merc - it was OK. Better than Nar Shadaa by a LONG ways I actually started to hate that place lol. Just got off of Coruscant on my 'slinger - we'll see. Cor was meh - again better than Nar. I don't know what it is about that place but I just. Don't. Like It. ... At All.

Edit. Rep side isn't as bad as Imp side - to me. More enjoyable, less of the 'ghouls on the side of the road waiting to snag you lol. But I just started there so that may change :p. As long as it isn't as bad as Voss with that - it'll be OK. lol.

Edited by Akiviri

I like Taris a whole lot more than Balmorra! Good grief the quests on that planet are awful. I haven't been to very many planets yet, my highest character is 25, but Taris is interesting. Sure, there's a lot of running around, but I don't even think there are too many rakghouls. I mean, they have been reproducing without a predator for 300 years!

• 2 weeks later...

I can name more things about Taris I don't enjoy then things that I do. personally.

I like certain parts of the story and connections to the KOTOR. I like messing with Thana Vesh. other then that, not my favorite planet. not as bad as Belsavis though, at list in Taris as long as you stick to the roads, you won't get lost and will generally avoid dead ends.

taris is not enjoyable. actually taris was a poor story even when it was in kotor - back when kotor was being done, 'zombies' were 'the thing'. and they SOMEHOW just had to introduce it into the game - disease that turns people into people eating zombies ! yeah. even the name was crappy - rakGHOUL -> oh yeah.

it was half assed in kotor, it is still half assed in swtor.

• 1 month later...

Taris was an awesome planet in KotOR. In this game it has the same problem as most of the other planets, you run around a map all sprawled out in front of you with big obstacles like the base of a tower or a giant tree or cliff to make adventuring more linear -i.e. The problem is there's no depth to the world; everything is on this one level and the player can't explore higher levels of what was a multi-leveled planet without being transported into another instance.

Like Coruscant and Nar Shadaa look amazing, but don't feel as amazing as they should because it doesn't feel like you're adventuring in an actual city, but just separate levels sprawled out in front of the player; maybe take an elevator to get to another level, occasionally go down/up a ramp but that adds nothing as the upper level is just a block above the lower level which doesn't run under the upper level anyway!

The game needs more mezzanine levels and intertwining pathways in the same instance but at different heights. To be THAT guy, I'll reference Orgrimmar as a city that always had a good sense of depth and density and business because of the way that area was designed.

I can name more things about Taris I don't enjoy then things that I do. personally.

I like certain parts of the story and connections to the KOTOR. I like messing with Thana Vesh. other then that, not my favorite planet. not as bad as Belsavis though, at list in Taris as long as you stick to the roads, you won't get lost and will generally avoid dead ends.

Wait until Hoth. Taris isn't that bad, just a few unresolved bugs, and the Rahkghouls, but the Sand People on Tatooine are just as annoying.