Former SWG/Tarquinas players check-in thread

Tyndaleon

Yeah.

If the main idea was to play with Tarq people, then one guild (2 I guess, one for each faction... OK 4, one for each faction and either PvE or PvP) with everyone in it, to be split up later would have been the way to go.

Ah well.

Good luck to all wherever you land.

The result would have been exactly the same, because it was guilds which were pre-placed, not people's individual accounts. If everyone joined in one big guild, everyone except that one guild would have had to manually create their own guilds on that server after the fact.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 1, yessssss

Path of Destruction ended up on Kinrath Spider.

Most of us looked long and hard at the server FE and TL ended up on, but in the end, we're 100% convinced our server is going to be a better option for both population and something resembling balanced PvP.

At least we'll be able to keep yammering here amongst ourselves if we can't all be on the same server.

If there's anything we can do to assist any other guilds wanting to move over to Kinrath, don't hesitate to PM me or contact us on our guild website/forums. I won't hold my breath though, don't worry :D

The result would have been exactly the same, because it was guilds which were pre-placed, not people's individual accounts. If everyone joined in one big guild, everyone except that one guild would have had to manually create their own guilds on that server after the fact.

I get ya.

Just that with everyone , or at least everyone with common faction and playstyle, together it would be easier, at least a little bit.

Like you say though, not like it's hard to manually make toons wherever. Just the 5k rap wherever you go.

Sounds good....good to see Gillies was reborn too and not just Afrocrackheadtorius :D

oh yeah, and Gillies is getting leveled first.

Unless I see (after a few days) a strange absence of Sith Inquisitors in the guild and/or lack of healers being leveled. I liked jedi healing folks in SWG so much that I had to make him a healer in TOR.

Edited by islander

Oh well, there goes our attempt to weave a web that'll get us all in one place. Inishe, Kunlao and I have been discussing it, but for now PH is stuck on the Wyrm till we get a quorum of leaders and members contacted, Tynd ya already have access to our guild site, ya can see were we're talking about it. I will be posting it for a general vote today, but unfortunately 1/2 our leadership is working, and something like this does require a full discussion.

Oh well, there goes our attempt to weave a web that'll get us all in one place. Inishe, Kunlao and I have been discussing it, but for now PH is stuck on the Wyrm till we get a quorum of leaders and members contacted, Tynd ya already have access to our guild site, ya can see were we're talking about it. I will be posting it for a general vote today, but unfortunately 1/2 our leadership is working, and something like this does require a full discussion.

Not a problem Mir, and if you guys stay there that's fine :) I just knew I had to get the info and discussion out to people ASAP since for whatever bloody reason BioWare felt they couldn't reopen the forums before 6am this morning :p lol

Not a problem Mir, and if you guys stay there that's fine :) I just knew I had to get the info and discussion out to people ASAP since for whatever bloody reason BioWare felt they couldn't reopen the forums before 6am this morning :p lol

One Important item of note tho, Did anyone look at the relative server populations of each server, It may be beneficial to examine that, servers that are huge on the outset of newly released Mmo's, in my experience, are rarely the most stable, whereas the lower population one has the benefits of stability, and fewer people to mess things up, and have a tendency to grow at a much more stable rate. Just throwing that thought out there.

One Important item of note tho, Did anyone look at the relative server populations of each server, It may be beneficial to examine that, servers that are huge on the outset of newly released Mmo's, in my experience, are rarely the most stable, whereas the lower population one has the benefits of stability, and fewer people to mess things up, and have a tendency to grow at a much more stable rate. Just throwing that thought out there.

I think this was somewhat their intention with guild deployment in the first place, to disperse people as best they could.

There are going to be some folks jumping from one palce to another for a while. If they can predict server load by lumping a bunch of people together at day one I don't blame them for trying.