Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Merge all the apac servers into a single PVE server - the reasoning around this has been described many times. Keep the awesome latency, correct prime/op times, guilds, legacies and local community whilst boosting the population

2. Offer FREE transfers FROM US servers TO the apac server - in a bid to get those APAC players that left or rolled on US servers due to the population issues, to come back

3. Offer PAID transfers FROM the apac server TO US servers after a month or so - gives those who still hate Pve or have some other problem with the apac server after some time trying it, an opportunity to get out. Could possibly make this process free for PVP and RP players if that's not too complicated

4. Some form of advertising in Australia/NZ to get more people in before the release of the expansion

Asking for point 4 may be pushing it but thought I'd throw it up there anyway because I think it would be effective

I'll extend on a previous post I made with what I feel is a solution that caters for everyone;

-Merge all 3 APAC servers into 1 APAC "PVE" super server.

-Offer free transfers to those APAC players who left and started fresh on US/EU servers but only allowing them to transfer to the new APAC super server.

-Offer free transfers for any character (yes, specifically character) that was on the Gav Daragon (APAC RP-PVE server) to a selected mid population US RP-PVE server.

-Finally allow anyone who's not happy with this to pay for a transfer when that service is available.

That may seem a lot of work, but you are asking us for the best solution and I truly believe that's it.

Edited by OGsam

How about...

Step 1 Announce the opening date of a new PVE APAC (super) server.

Step 2 Add to the cartel market a purchase per character for character name lock. In the order of purchase, you purchase the vanity of keeping your name on the transfer.

Step 3 Open transfers from current APAC servers to the new server, and possibly for APAC players on US/EU servers. Order of Subscribers, then Prefered, then Free players.

Step 4 Close the remaining servers and transer remaining players to appropriate US servers (PVP, PVE, RP) who can handle the player influx.

1. Merge all the apac servers into a single PVE server - the reasoning around this has been described many times. Keep the awesome latency, correct prime/op times, guilds, legacies and local community whilst boosting the population

2. Offer FREE transfers FROM US servers TO the apac server - in a bid to get those APAC players that left or rolled on US servers due to the population issues, to come back

3. Offer PAID transfers FROM the apac server TO US servers after a month or so - gives those who still hate Pve or have some other problem with the apac server after some time trying it, an opportunity to get out. Could possibly make this process free for PVP and RP players if that's not too complicated

4. Some form of advertising in Australia/NZ to get more people in before the release of the expansion

Asking for point 4 may be pushing it but thought I'd throw it up there anyway because I think it would be effective

I vote for this way of implementing it.

I'd prefer to see the free tranfers from US to Oceanic servers being offered before a server merge. As a few people have already mentioned, there are people out there who don't like being in log-in queues and there are Oceanic players on US servers that would return if the transfer option was made available.

I can only speak for my experience on Dalborra but I don't find the population size to be that limiting as it stands. PUG Ops groups form fairly quickly (15 minutes) during peak times and the PvP queues are tolerable most of the time. I would be prepared to wait and see how many US-based players come over. If there was still a lot of complaints after the free transfer window closed then an Oceanic server merge would be the next best thing; which is what the majority of posters seem to be advocating anyway.

I, too, am not prepared to go back to US latencies (300+ms for me). The game doesn't play well past the 150 ms mark in my opinion.

effective

Only if you will pay for people because we are owed FREE transfers.

Only if you will pay for people because we are owed FREE transfers.

Free transfers are justified for rp and maybe pvp players (if there is no new system in place on the new server to accomodate for their playstyle) but i don't see how for pve players...

My concern would be people just jumping ship to US servers as soon as they can without giving the new apac server a go. This could potentially recreate the low population issue. A delay in offering this option and a small fee would at least get people to think about it a bit more rather than instantly transferring based on preconceived ideas that the new server will be crappy

TBH not a deal breaker though so long as we get a merger and free transfers from US to the apac server...

I don't know if this has been suggested in previous posts (I'm not wading through the 224 pages) but what about as a long term solution, cross server LFG/PvP? Even with the merged servers this might help, especially when playing during quiet time zones. I realise coding wise it's much easier to just merge the servers and dump all the players on one, or let people transfer off to their choice of server. But I actually like playing with fellow aussies, it just sucks that there's not many of us left. WoW never had cross server LFG/PvP in the beginning, but it was one of the best things they did. It didn't matter if you were working night shift and got home late, you could log on to a dead server and still find groups. Of course Blizz never had proper Oceanic servers, they were all still based in the US.

I don't know if this has been suggested in previous posts (I'm not wading through the 224 pages) but what about as a long term solution, cross server LFG/PvP? Even with the merged servers this might help, especially when playing during quiet time zones. I realise coding wise it's much easier to just merge the servers and dump all the players on one, or let people transfer off to their choice of server. But I actually like playing with fellow aussies, it just sucks that there's not many of us left. WoW never had cross server LFG/PvP in the beginning, but it was one of the best things they did. It didn't matter if you were working night shift and got home late, you could log on to a dead server and still find groups. Of course Blizz never had proper Oceanic servers, they were all still based in the US.

THat would fix the issue of Group finder and WZ pops, but it would still deny a fair chance for players to have guilds large enough to do the operation content outside of the basic ops in story mode, effectively capping the content available to APAC players paying as much as the rest of the world.

I'll extend on a previous post I made with what I feel is a solution that caters for everyone;

-Offer free transfers to those APAC players who left and started fresh on US/EU servers but only allowing them to transfer to the new APAC super server.

-Offer free transfers for any character (yes, specifically character) that was on the Gav Daragon (APAC RP-PVE server) to a selected mid population US RP-PVE server.

-Finally allow anyone who's not happy with this to pay for a transfer when that service is available.

That may seem a lot of work, but you are asking us for the best solution and I truly believe that's it.

Why offer free transfers for RP players to US/EU servers but not PvP players? It makes no sense.

Edited by Ignicity

I chose to move servers because of this situation, so how am I not effected by it. Personally, I feel you're selfish by not giving a $#!? about anyone not still on an APAC server. If I moved from MDN to Dalborra, the server merge would fix my personal issue. I am Australian, and I am part of the Oceanic community. Just because it's not on a local server doesn't mean I'm not, and doesn't mean I haven't been adversely effected by this.

Well seeing your previous posts, you have no interest in the future of the APAC Servers.

For me, I want to move the four 50's I have off Master Dar'Narla and onto the US PVP server where I currently enjoy playing...

So you have not plans to stay on the APAC Servers.

If they only implement a merge, please don't for one second think that PvPers and RPer's that have re-rolled on US servers are going to come flooding back to the Super APAC Server. I certainly won't (not that many of you would care).

And your opinion on those that chose to re-roll in a different region like yourself.

AGAIN, THIS THREAD & IT'S CURRENT FOCUS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

It is about helping to solve the low population levels on all three APAC Servers.

Your are only looking for selfish benefits THAT WILL COME LATER THIS YEAR!

Open Transfers, BW have stated that they will come.

Thanks for supporting the APAC Server Merge ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BioWare:

Please make the New APAC Super Server a Destination Server & All Other Servers Origin Servers.

Allowing any & all that wish to transfer to the APAC Server the opportunity to do so. Like that which was given to the NA/EU players before there Consolidation.

Well seeing your previous posts, you have no interest in the future of the APAC Servers.

So you have not plans to stay on the APAC Servers.

And your opinion on those that chose to re-roll in a different region like yourself.

AGAIN, THIS THREAD & IT'S CURRENT FOCUS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

It is about helping to solve the low population levels on all three APAC Servers.

Your are only looking for selfish benefits THAT WILL COME LATER THIS YEAR!

Open Transfers, BW have stated that they will come.

Thanks for supporting the APAC Server Merge ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BioWare:

Please make the New APAC Super Server a Destination Server & All Other Servers Origin Servers.

Allowing any & all that wish to transfer to the APAC Server the opportunity to do so. Like that which was given to the NA/EU players before there Consolidation.

Well played sir! Well played!

Opinions being what they are.... You are correct in singling this individual out for looking out for their own gain and not the APAC community as a whole.

Why offer free transfers for RP players to US/EU servers but not PvP players? It makes no sense.

I never said NOT to give PvP players free transfers, maybe you should try and be constructive and add some positive feedback to my post, which has been a relatively well rounded and agreed upon opinion, rather than trying to shoot it down and bring nothing to the table.

To put some context to the situation:

Add PvPers to the optional transfer to a mid population US/EU PvP server.

While this may seem a very extensive solution I do feel it is a solve for the problem almost as an entirety.

Feel free to give me some constructive feedback as to whether or not you guys want this as your solution, rather than bicker amongst ourselves BW/EA is relying on us to all agree upon a solution as adults and move forward together!

Edited by OGsam

Not trying to rush you guys (BW) but any idea when we might get a response about whats gonna happen, or how long your gonna let the reponses go on?

Just the waiting is annoying and a timeframe is so much better to have then nothing, even if its a couple of months long.

Not trying to rush you guys (BW) but any idea when we might get a response about whats gonna happen, or how long your gonna let the reponses go on?

Just the waiting is annoying and a timeframe is so much better to have then nothing, even if its a couple of months long.

Prob wont hear anything till Tuesday onwards as is Sunday morning in the USA atm so our Monday will be a wipe for any info id guess

it is important to get a response quickly now though, there has been lots of information passed your way BW, its time to start passing it back.

You can see what the community wants, please tell us what you are thinking and when we can expect any action, or non action, if you so choose.

it is important to get a response quickly now though, there has been lots of information passed your way BW, its time to start passing it back.

You can see what the community wants, please tell us what you are thinking and when we can expect any action, or non action, if you so choose.

We can only hope we get this soon, Joveth's post has restored some of my faith in an outcome but if they delay it, it's only going to get worse.

I posted earlier how I played on MDN and the ping was amazing, there were large lag spikes but this is the first time I have experienced this.

I just want this issue sorted, it's been soooooooooo long since I created this thread!

1. Merge everyone to Dalborra.

2. When PVP players start on the server, have them accept a waiver that they will be permanently flagged pvp. If they dont accept, they become regular PVE players.

3. Server transfers free TO Dalborra from US.

4. Paid server transfer TO the US for anyone who doesnt like it.

The reason for 4, is their PVP community will still exist. With more people available for warzones.

Added to #2, extend the PVP cooldown for it to turn off by another 5min (obviously for the PVE players, making it a tad more interesting if they choose to flag and attempt a gank). And for gods sake, add a counter so people can see how long til it wears off.

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

The only REAL solution i see is the merge of all 3 servers, the only reason i still pay for this game (apart from it being the only SW MMO now...) is because the low latency makes running content amazing.

Low latency makes all the difference for quite a lot of us, it wont be fun going back to having to have 180+ms in PvP, may as well play that other game if you want latency.

SWTOR really stepped up to embrace the Australasian market, provide us servers in a great location.

If we had willing players join from US west its a possibility for population.

One other option is to shard the servers into PvP and PvE instances so if you want to PvP you are in a PvP instance of the same planet and wont run into PvE players while running content that everyone can access. But when you want to join GF or find a WZ you just click the button and EVERYONE is available to run PUGS, this option means the PvPers can PvP without the PvEers complaining about being flagged or getting ganked etc but gives everyone a healthy population to run group content as after all, its mean to be an MMO and so far i havent seen MASSIVE

Edited by Bennis