There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

Beniboybling

OK since that new episodes have in fact started airing in Germany I thought I'd check up on the whole Moriband issue. And lo and behold to my utter delight I discover this on Wookieepedia:

Episode 13 "Sacrifice".

On Korriban, the ancient birthplace of the Sith, the time has come for Yoda to pass his final test. Only then will he learn the best-kept secret of his order, but first a most powerful enemy awaits....

I put in in spoiler tags just in case, but if you've been following the Moriband fiasco its nothing we don't already know and far from major plot spoilers. But anyway, it refers to the planet as Korriban, not Moriband.

Until the episode airs we cannot be sure but I'd say Wikipedia at this point is the most legitimate source so far. And it seems more likely to me that Moriband was a placeholder to avoid spoilers or someting. I'm hoping this is legitimate.

The full list of episodes according to Wikipedia can be found here.

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters the episode hasnt even aired yet. So im not even sure why you used something from wookiepedia to try and explain it. If the episode had aired then they still wouldnt be speculating on the Moriband name on the big star wars forums such as theforce.net. The latest piece of information is that the >english text given by lucasfilm< to the germans is that the planet IS named Moriband. There is no translation issue.

The Moriband/Korriban fiasco has not been resolved, March 7/8 is the date for german episode release depending on where you live in the world.. Please do some more research next time.

Edited by Girdeux

Here in Germany no-one is sure when this Episode will come. Next Saturday ? The one after that ? We don't know yet.

Yesterday was an Senate Intrigue Episode, and before that it was that ... Episode starring Fives.

The web site hasnb't even updated since the first Episode (all 4 parts of it were glued together into 1 long Episode ... a similar thing happened yesterday to that Senate Intrigue Episode ...) http://clonewars.superrtl.de/

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

For starters the episode hasnt even aired yet. So im not even sure why you used something from wookiepedia to try and explain it. If the episode had aired then they still wouldnt be speculating on the Moriband name on the big star wars forums such as theforce.net. The latest piece of information is that the >english text given by lucasfilm< to the germans is that the planet IS named Moriband. There is no translation issue.

The Moriband/Korriban fiasco has not been resolved, March 7/8 is the date for german episode release depending on where you live in the world.. Please do some more research next time.

Before I do my research, I would request that you read the OP more thoroughly.

If you had you'll notice that the source is Wikipedia, not Wookieepedia and that I said this:

Until the episode airs we cannot be sure but I'd say Wikipedia at this point is the most legitimate source so far. And it seems more likely to me that Moriband was a placeholder to avoid spoilers or someting. I'm hoping this is legitimate.

I realise that you were probably quite excited to post this, but a hasty read leads to silly mistakes.

You might also be interested in this. It seems that word is spreading, not that that is important.

On top of that, recent press releases have only disclosed the summaries of episodes 109 - 116 and episodes 120 & 121. Yet Wikipedia has information on 117, 118, 119 as well. I highly doubt this information is fabricated, I've never had reason to doubt Wikipedia before. It seems more likely that new information has been revealed, which is not surprising considering full summaries of all the episodes are usually released at the beginning of each season.

On top of that "Sacrifice" previously read as Moriband, now Wikipedia is reading it as Korriban. So if this is false, they would have had to deliberately fabricated and falsify that part as well, as the information is readily available.

I realise that this is not 100% proof, but at the same time we have little reason to doubt its validity.

Here in Germany no-one is sure when this Episode will come. Next Saturday ? The one after that ? We don't know yet.

Yesterday was an Senate Intrigue Episode, and before that it was that ... Episode starring Fives.

The web site hasnb't even updated since the first Episode (all 4 parts of it were glued together into 1 long Episode ... a similar thing happened yesterday to that Senate Intrigue Episode ...) http://clonewars.superrtl.de/

Wait so they are airing the episodes in 4 part chunks? That could be cool...

And apparently your getting them March 1st. It also says the last two episodes are airing March 7th before Germany... but I'm not sure if that means we'll just get the entire series all at once. I expect we will.

P.S. On a scale of 1-10 how good are they so far!?

Edited by Beniboybling

Rating what I'bve seen so far : The first Episodes (which feature Fives) were very, very good - and very, very dark, too. Not a thing I'd show Kids at all. Too many moral and ethical questions, for example ... And the end was just ... so dark that it fitted excellently into ROTS.

The Episodes from yesterday were not so good. Embo did a great albeit short job, but apart from that it was on Psychology and Senate intrigue.

I almost assume that the Episodes will be cut into smaller pieces for the international market again.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Rating what I'bve seen so far : The first Episodes (which feature Fives) were very, very good - and very, very dark, too. Not a thing I'd show Kids at all. Too many moral and ethical questions, for example ... And the end was just ... so dark that it fitted excellently into ROTS.

The Episodes from yesterday were not so good. Embo did a great albeit short job, but apart from that it was on Psychology and Senate intrigue.

I almost assume that the Episodes will be cut into smaller pieces for the international market again.

*rubs hands with excitement*

Before I do my research, I would request that you read the OP more thoroughly.

If you had you'll notice that the source is Wikipedia, not Wookieepedia and that I said this:

You might also be interested in this. It seems that word is spreading, not that that is important.

On top of that "Sacrifice" previously read as Moriband, now Wikipedia is reading it as Korriban. So if this is false, they would have had to deliberately fabricated and falsify that part as well, as the information is readily available.

I realise that this is not 100% proof, but at the same time we have little reason to doubt its validity.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and shouldnt be considered a source. I have done some extra research on the wikipedia spelling on your behalf and literally the reason for the "Korriban" in the description is because the editor said that is the way its written in the books. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_episodes&action=history

"(Tweaked wording further about Korriban to match books)"

Not a very good reason to dismiss the "Moriband" situation.

Please also note from your website link which is "http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/02/what-to-expect-from-final-season-of.html" it links right to the wikipedia as its source lol. There is a reason why starwars7news is the laughing stock on all the forums for star wars "leaks". As all the "leaks" from that website have been fabricated.

"Note: Still have in mind that the source is Wiki so nothing is certain. The person who wrote these descriptions seems to have a great knowledge on the story so I could assume that he knows the correct name of the planet. Still this info is not a 100% proof. ". The source is wrong in the first place as its just some random EU fanatic.

Now here is what the german translators have said.

"We have kept to the text presets given to us by Disney / Lucasfilm. To be on the safe side, we just took a second look at the original English text, and there it definitely says 'Moriband'."

Id rather take the credible source then a fabricated one. As of now it is still Moriband. Now lets put something into perspective here, the show runner Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo have stated on numerous occasions that TCW series doesnt need to follow the EU as it isnt canon to the series and movies. They have no need to use the "Korriban" name if they dont want to. Now I can understand why they would do that and its because they like the planet but dont want the burden of the history behind it. In Filonis own words:

"The EU is a well of ideas, and there's what's on screen. They don't live in the same universe. Everyone wants to think so, I know… We just need to think of it all as a creative collection of fun ideas separate from what George Lucas has made."

Edited by Girdeux

We can just make up our own "Star Wars Universe" : The name "Korriban" might be an ancirent name no longer in use during The Clone Wars, or even forgotten.

What I rather fear is that they'll describe / depict Moriban completely different to what we already know ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Korriban is not saved. Lucas showed us how he desn't care about fans and basic EU lore.

Source:

Also it won't be possible to explain this as "name was changed", because it is some kind of an ancient ghost that mentioned it.

Edited by Apophis_

Korriban is not saved. Lucas showed us how he desn't care about fans and basic EU lore.

Source:

Also it won't be possible to explain this as "name was changed", because it is some kind of an ancient ghost that mentioned it.

It looks AMAZING! But, but, but... NOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: How are they going to reconcile this with Korriban Lore i.e. SWTOR? A different planet perhaps?

Edited by Beniboybling

Who or what is this "Netflix" ? I have heard the name once, is it some kind of "internet TV" ? I have never been a friend of YouTube ... I only watch videos there once in a while ... Maybe I'm just too old ... :D
Well if you live in Germany... I guess you wouldn't know. I don't think its available there.

Heard of LoveFilm? Its similar to that. It allows you to legally watch TV and movies online, on demand - you can watch as many as you want whenever you want as long as you pay a monthly subscription fee.

I myself haven't tried it, but I'm going to do a free month trial so I can rewatch TCW, watch these episodes and watch the movie in stunning high defintion! Yaaaaay! :D

It looks AMAZING! But, but, but... NOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: How are they going to reconcile this with Korriban Lore i.e. SWTOR? A different planet perhaps?

My guess is: no more Korriban.

Man the Thread title was really jumping the gun on this one.

Edited by OldVengeance