Rakata, Columi, Tionese

I have the full War hero PvP gear set and for looks I want the tionese rakata or Columi Helmets then put the PvP mods in it. I like the Columi and Rakata's colors the most so im going to try for those unless the tionese is WAY easier to get. So I want a simple answer. How do you get the crystals and comms for a tionese and or Columi (forget rakata its in ops) ik its in HM FP's but which one will give me more of the stuff to get tionese or Columi? I just want the fastest way to get tionese or columi style helmet. Whichever is faster to get tell me. Also how to get them and what is the fastest way to get them.

wait for 1.6, you get 99 free tionese commendations on any level 50, and the crystals will no longer be needed to buy gear. http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes

EDIT: cost will be dramatically reduced in comms too dulfy has all the info here: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-advanced-gear-and-introduction-to-group-finder-missions/

Edited by Wonkadude

Are they lowering the War hero gear's stats since it is now just requiring WZ comms instead of WZ and RWZ comms? Will the Elite War Hero stuff cost the same as the old prices for the War hero gear or will it be more/less? Im assuming that the Regular WH stuff wil now cost the same as BM? Thx for the help ppl!

wait for 1.6, you get 99 free tionese commendations on any level 50, and the crystals will no longer be needed to buy gear. http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes

EDIT: cost will be dramatically reduced in comms too dulfy has all the info here: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-advanced-gear-and-introduction-to-group-finder-missions/

i hope this is true, this will help all the new 50s and i'm a returning player with 2 50s and nothing but recruit gear :/

• 3 weeks later...
What the freaking hell! This is bull, we worked hard to get our gear, now they're just handing it out like nothing!?

Even if it is only Tionese, it's still heck of an annoyance to see!

It is a small step above daily gear, they are giving it away for nothing because it is worth nothing. Most of us are having 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th alt hit 50 now and be full Campaign/Black Hole, fully augmented with rakata implants within 30 mins.

Also where did you work hard to get Tionese? I thought Tionese dropped in HMFP and SM KP and EV. :)

As far as I am concerned they should be giving away Columi, it would at least make my job easier than healing recruit gear tanks in HMFP. ;)

Edited by mikebevo

As far as I am concerned they should be giving away Columi, it would at least make my job easier than healing recruit gear tanks in HMFP. ;)

LoL

What would be the point of Tionese then? :)

In general though, I'm glad tionese is basically being given out now. Before, if you wanted to run HMs (assuming you didn't want to grind out SM HMs only to re-grind columi in HM), you had to get your free PvP recruit. I think it makes more sense for people to start their grind in tionese rather then recruit!

I remember when my very first toon hit 50 and I was reading up on the different things I would need to do to get geared.

Doing dailies for grade 23 barrels, Story Mode Level 50 flashpoints before Hard Mode, etc., etc. The first few pieces of Tionese that dropped in a flashpoint were an upgrade for me. I remember when I won my first piece of Columi, it was an accomplishment. (I suddenly have the urge to write a children's book "My First Columi" :p)

When Black Hole/Campaign gear was released it was very exciting to work on getting a full set.

Now everything is so easily obtained. Any new players that hit level 50 for the first time won't get the same feeling. Too bad, actually.

Why is providing free Tionese bad?

At this point, they should be handing out Columni and having it drop off every boss in level 50 FPs with the last boss dropping Rakata given that anyone with a main running EC / TFB even in story mode can pass along Rakata and better items to their alts using legacy gear and anyone able to make or buy a pile of credits can simply buy Campaign / BH gear off the GTN.

And there was a huge missed opportunity to support the crafting end game by allowing all this (Tionese / Columni / Rakata) gear to RE to schematics months ago when EC was released and unbind the crafted Rakata items such that all this level of gear could have been sold to other players.

Add to the above poster, no one will ever get the same feeling now as those who leveled to 50 a year ago felt as the game has moved on.

It just isn't possible for a new 50 to share the same sense of adventure with other fresh 50s as they will most likely end up grouped with players who over gear everything, have done it 100 times, and who just want to finish it fast for comms and thus will skip everything possible while spamming space bar on any and all conversations.

As such, anything that allows new, returning, or alts the chance to catch up gear wise and be able to participate in current content is good for the overall health of the game.

Edited by DawnAskham

Any new players that hit level 50 for the first time won't get the same feeling. Too bad, actually.
I got that same feeling the other night in HM TfB when I got my first Hazmat gear in my third time in HM TfB..... It felt great after not getting gear in months running with a new group in HM EC...felt just like the first time I did SM EC as the only smuggler in the group and all smuggler stuff felll....felt really great....up until....................................................I figured out that my BH belt was better. :( ...............Should have continued to pass until main or offhand fell.

The feeling is still there, it will just be later on higher level gear than what we got excited about.

I am excited about the tionese give away. Can't legacy hilts (as far as I know) so while my knight that hit 50 Sunday is full campign, rakata and black hole on everything but relic , belt (columi), bracers (columi) and ear. (columi)...She is running around with 51 hilts. At least now I can jump straight to HM or NIM KP and EC. Although I feel like a idiot running around Corellia geared like this finishing my story and planet quest (hit 50 on Voss).

Edited by mikebevo

Not to spoil the accomplishments of anyone out there.

But I personally have never fancied endgame raiding. Inevitably it goes down one of two paths.

- Either you join a group of "casual" gamers, who never get anywhere because they lack focus.

- Or you join "hard core" gamers, who act like military drill instructors. "You MUST be here PRECISELY 10 minutes early! You MUST be able to commit 10 hours of UNINTERRUPTED game play! You will be allotted a single bio break, which must be requisitioned 7-10 business days in advance!" and so on.

I prefer the money I spend each month on this video game, to go toward my amusement and entertainment. I just left the military after a 10 year tour. I'm not eager to re-enlist for the sake of a higher gear score.

That aside, I'm rather perturbed that my efforts to unlock the HK droid are apparently spoiled, unless I am willing to devote weeks if not months of grinding, to attain sufficient gear, that I can make a single run through HM MP. At the end of which, I will run off with the HK piece, and most likely never look at another Raid Instance again.

So I kinda like the notion of giving new 50s some "competitive" gear to use. Maybe they'll be more inclined to strive for better. Or maybe they'll turn around and roll another alt.

LoL

What would be the point of Tionese then? :)

In general though, I'm glad tionese is basically being given out now. Before, if you wanted to run HMs (assuming you didn't want to grind out SM HMs only to re-grind columi in HM), you had to get your free PvP recruit. I think it makes more sense for people to start their grind in tionese rather then recruit!

They still need to buff the armor/weapon ratings of tionese to match recruits 132 rating, the only thing in general tionese has over recruit is base stats, and also you still don't get a full tionese set as you still need implants, earpiece, belt, bracers and relics.

But I personally have never fancied endgame raiding. Inevitably it goes down one of two paths.

- Either you join a group of "casual" gamers, who never get anywhere because they lack focus.

- Or you join "hard core" gamers, who act like military drill instructors. "You MUST be here PRECISELY 10 minutes early! You MUST be able to commit 10 hours of UNINTERRUPTED game play! You will be allotted a single bio break, which must be requisitioned 7-10 business days in advance!" and so on.

I prefer the money I spend each month on this video game, to go toward my amusement and entertainment. I just left the military after a 10 year tour. I'm not eager to re-enlist for the sake of a higher gear score.

That aside, I'm rather perturbed that my efforts to unlock the HK droid are apparently spoiled, unless I am willing to devote weeks if not months of grinding, to attain sufficient gear, that I can make a single run through HM MP. At the end of which, I will run off with the HK piece, and most likely never look at another Raid Instance again.

So I kinda like the notion of giving new 50s some "competitive" gear to use. Maybe they'll be more inclined to strive for better. Or maybe they'll turn around and roll another alt.

HM maelstrom can be done in level 49 vendor gear, it's easier than esseles IMO recruit or tionese is more than enough.

I think there is a third option. Get with a group of casual gamers that are extremely helpful, friendly and respectful and see all instances. I got lucky enough to get with such a group and I have seen everything up to NIM EC (have not been into NIM EC yet). We progress slower than other groups, but we do progress and we allow even those more casual than us to see HM and NIM Ops. There is no fighting, no blaming and no ordering. They do ask you to be on time if you are expecting to go, but we usually do not do raids for over 2 to 3 hours one night a week as a group. Although we run other raids during the week with more casual guild members to let them see it, get some experience and gear. Maybe I just got extremely lucky, but I know there is a third type of group.

@seven_deadlies, if you're on Begeren Colony, look me up and I'll take you through the fp for your HK part.
Same if you are on The Harbinger... Look for Bremiaha...I will get a group to get you a very good and friendly group to get you through it. Edited by mikebevo

itemization in this game is poorly designed imo, always has been. Everything is based around getting the 63 armorings/mods/enhancements etc, everyone knows what they are getting before they get it.

it's lame

they need to add in unique loot tables to bosses that are different with better stats that are not craftable or attached to any type or armor set and random chance at dropping so it's not known what is going to drop before hand. Probably keep it to nightmare instances and leave the armor sets and same old boring loots to the story mode and hard mods.

Whisper Moz (republic) or magoo(empire) if you're on prophecy of the five , and I'll help you run through HM MP for your HK part.

yeah...was a little excited for my fresh 50 Jedi Knight last night to get the tionese commendation since you cannot legacy hilts. The excitement ended when I figured out the 2 hilts I bought with daily commendations were better.

Really need a way to legacy hits...Have a full campaign/BH geared knight running around with two 52 hilts. :p

Tionese has not had a point, ever. Not even in the beginning when Rakata was the best you could get. :p

First level 50 way back was Commando dps. On my first L50 flashpoints I got some Tionese that were not only upgrades to the gear i was wearing, but helped me get my 4-piece set bonus faster.

And for a Gunnery Commando, free High Impact Bolt is a beautiful thing.

@seven_deadlies, if you're on Begeren Colony, look me up and I'll take you through the fp for your HK part.

Same if you are on The Harbinger... Look for Bremiaha...I will get a group to get you a very good and friendly group to get you through it.

Whisper Moz (republic) or magoo(empire) if you're on prophecy of the five , and I'll help you run through HM MP for your HK part.

These kinds of people, are why I stick around :D

I too was... well, I won't say excited. But I wanted to see if wearing Tionese vs Recruit would make a world of difference.

So here's hoping +10dps and +1400hp are enough to succeed!