HK demaning a Hardmode FP? You've got to be kidding me...

Elikal

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HMs are a joke now, gear is given out for free and I regularly 2 man them with a friend. That said a couple of brain donors can turn any cakewalk into a wipefest, perhaps the OP just had extraordinary bad luck on who he teamed with

1 group failing is bad luck. 2 groups failing is really bad luck.

4 groups failing and the OP should probably start considering that he might be the problem.

Just saying...

Observation: You are clearly a meatbag with taste, Master.

Recommendation: You might want to consider playing the KotOR games at some point. They're both available on Steam, in addition to the physical retail copies that are likely still floating around.

Well played! Made me laugh.

I actually bought KotOR on Steam, but it does something weird with my machine. The movements are jerky (more so than the age of the game is supposed to make them... I watched videos) and everything is in the very wrong aspect ratio. I need to do something with graphics systems variables, I am told... But SWTOR sort of occupies my attention. My Bounty Hunter just got a lucrative offer

on Quesh, which very comically turned into a SIS trap, so I need to deal with the Jedi who's hunting him!

I am always astonished people defend a MMO with every bit and piece, even when it is so obviously flawed as SWTOR.

The strength of SWTOR was, it was a story driven MMO, where you experience the STORY of your character. What have grind grind or hardmode dungeons to do in this? Nothing.

Not everyone is equally good in the same, some people are good at one thing, other at another. So why should a mostly just fancy companion be unlocked with something so much for a special audience, like a HM dungeon, and a rehashed on that?

I do not see how that makes any sense.

I thought the idea to add something as legendary as a HK droid in a story driven MMO should be with STORY quests, not gather 5 pieces with the SUPER BORING scanner thing and then a HM endgame dungeon. That makes no sense, it is no story and no accomplishment either. It's cheap, it's boring and it's with the HM mechanic narrowed to endgame experts.

Sense, this makes none. Your fanboyism blinds you.

Your rage blinds you.

Look this quest line was not what YOU THOUGHT it was. It was everything that EAware said it would be. You may have HOPED FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT but, that is NOT what happened. You are entitled to your OPINION but, that doesn't make you right nor qualified to judge the entire merrit of how EAware implemented the HK-51 quest.

Now before you "call me a fanboi" or a "hater" I am on record (check my post history) of post both for and against EAware and SWTOR. I don't "blindly defend" or "blindly hate" I look at what is presented and attempt to give my view by that alone WITHOUT READING INTO what is presented. That way lies disapointment as you found out.

Also, I too am not pleased with the way EAware implemented the HK-51 quest line though, I do UNDSTAND why they did as they did:

The HK-51 quest line is to introduce you to ALL aspects of the SWTOR MMORGS. It is designed to give one a taste of everything the game has to offer.

Do I agree with this? It is not for me to agree with or not to agree with. Would *I* have done something else? Sure but, it's not my game.

In closing you are not ENTITLED ( yeah I said it ) to EVERYTHING you WANT. You are only entitled to what you can aquire within the rule set of the game with the requiset skills to do so. If you lack the skills, hone them. If you lack a good guild, find one. But, don't .. DO NOT blame the game for your lack of skill or resources.

Oh and final thought, I really hope that the dev's do NOT listen to posters like you or those that are QQing because there is a PvP component to this quest. We don't need SWTOR dumbed down any further than it already is.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, OP....get over yourself. All I've seen is people like you complaining about the HM or complaining about PVP requirements, blah blah blah. This is the most jaded gaming community ive ever seen!

Have you ever played MMOs before??? In most MMOs there are going to be certain things that you *gasp* may actually have to work for! Sorry it isn't as simple as you want it to be.

I'm a hardcore PVP player, and Hate raids and fp's with a passion, but you know what? I accept that I'm gonna have to suck it up in order to get HK, in fact I welcome the idea that it isn't handed to me on a silver platter.

Good job BW, as a REAL MMO player...I applaud you for giving me something to do that may require at least a hint of work to do to get something I want!

Jaded community ...

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

Seriously, what were they thinking? HK quest demands a HM?

Now I tried this with 3 groups, and ALL of them failed with me. I mean, I am a day one subscriber, I put reasonable effort into my level 50ies, but not that grindy super gear. Normal good endgame gear. And we just got owned by these bosses

If your group got as damaged as you claim by the bosses in HM Foundry then you all need to go back to playing with Legos. I was disappointed in it, myself. I left for a few months so forgot the dungeons and kept seeing people cry about how hard Revan was. The only boss we had ANY difficulty with was the first bot, and that's because it took a couple of tires before I figured out that his molten explosion ability triggers at 10-15%, not in X seconds.

Revan himself was pathetic.

Lol thank you OP. I haven't laughed this hard in days!!!

Are you serious? Only "grinders" can get HK? I HEALED a HM Foundry in full recruit gear. Tanked it in not much better back when my tank was a fresh faced 50. Seriously, queue up in Group Finder, Foundry is popping like crazy since the update ("random" Hard Mode my ***). It will take you MAYBE an hour to get it depending on your team and if you skip some of the trash fights and bonus.

Seriously, just do it. Takes you no time at all and you get the new companion to play with. Quit complaining just to hear your own voice in your head.

HMs (and normals) have already been heavily nerfed in difficulty since the beta because they listened to forum whiners. If anything they need to get harder again, not easier.

Sorry, but if every group you try is failing then most likely you are the problem. All the HMs appart from Lost island are faceroll now, even in basic pvp gear.

Edited by NasherUK

It's simple some of the solo players who never done a HM or PVP expect the HM player(s) to carry them through. Yeah some can....some cant.

1 HM Tank cant carry 3 others who never done it. If the heals or DPS isnt present its going to fail.

1 HM Healer cant keep a squishy tank or over agressive DPS up. 12k HP tank in green gear is a force sponge.

Did it first try, even with my pug not stopping to let me heal up (yes I'm a healer, but if I'm lowish on health and the tank doesn't agro...yeah no healer for them haha).

What server is the OP on? I'm hard pressed on time, but who knows I might be able to help..then again I have another exam coming up ontop of my next speech, a paper, some chapters to read, online quizes, etc the next couple of days / week....

Jedi Covenant has pug groups that'll aid in blowing thru MP.