A simple solution to Scoundrels / Operatives

Harsh_Hashbrown

Yea I mentioned something similar yesterday (the thread got closed, though, because it was a "suggestion" - be sure to phrase your threads carefully so that they are discussions, and not suggestions!)

My thought was simply to make Hidden Strike and Backstab share a cooldown (as opposed to implement a separate cooldown for Hidden Strike... because even then OPs would probably have far too good of an opener)

Someone else mentioned that, in that case, Hidden Strike basically becomes a Passive Buff that applies to Backstab when you are in stealth (the buff being slightly more damage, the granting of Tactical Advantage, and the potential to talent into the knockdown).

My own opinion is that this is really the only change that is needed. Everything else can remain the same, as far as I am concerned. No dire need to change Acid Blade, the KD talent, or anything else, really.

That one change seems fair to me, at least.

(Disclaimer: I do NOT play a concealment Operative. My main is a Jugg, and my alt is a lethality OP)

enough, 20% less damage on ONE abilty isnt the end of the world....

lol patch barely hits and the sky is already falling, even more funny is that 90% of you people whining about operative/scoundrel nerf havent even bothered to test it in the PTR

You really dont know nothing about ia/op. -20% dmg nerf not the end of the world, but with armor penetration nerf: thats -10% dmg in pvp and PVE TOO. + a tier 5 stun nerf for 2 skill points? The problem is not one nerf or maybe 2 but 3 and together.

You really dont know nothing about ia/op. -20% dmg nerf not the end of the world, but with armor penetration nerf: thats -10% dmg in pvp and PVE TOO. + a tier 5 stun nerf for 2 skill points? The problem is not one nerf or maybe 2 but 3 and together.

The problem is how this nerf was done. It was done because of a scoring system and a class ability scoring system and NOT on Bioware actually having people playing the classes and making reports.

That to me is the problem, I don't think they have anyone actually playing the game and if that is the case this game is doomed, I garantee that. :eek::(:mad:

I'm not going to get into it about Ops/scoundrels and whether they should be nerfed or not but here's something simple.

Since a majority of those two classes are fretting over their PVE damage thereafter (I'm not so sure that's the reason but they'd like most to think that's what worries them), why not implement a modifier, so if it's against a player, it's reduced as is but if it's against a mob, it's at it's regular values? The system is in place already for quite a few abilities.