Orange gear from Heroic Quests

Zoopercat

A lot of orange gear comes from Heroic Mission rewards, and the great thing about that is they are repeatable! So if you picked a different item the first time around, you can do it again to get the orange item you want now.

But there’s a little hiccup: what quests give what rewards? No one really has a good list, so we’re here to change that. But there’s another little hurdle… the rewards are different for each class. That’s the reason for this post – we’re hoping to get the community involved to collect this information, starting with the heroic quests for each planet. We'll post the results so that everyone can add the sets to the 'orange gear set' threads floating around these forums.

We want to give a little something back to those who help with this project. We’ve reserved a promo spot for the community on our site - you'll see a promo right now for a couple 1.2 articles and a UI sharing tool from sithwarrior. So we’re going to give the top contributors free promos in that spot. Promote your blog, recruit for your guild, or ask us to showcase your favorite tool or website if you don’t have one. We'll even make the promo image for you if you'd like :)

The plan:

You can fill out this form here. Or reply in this thread with your information. We need the following:

• Advanced Class
  • Quest Type (Heroic 2+, Heroic 4, Heroic Area or something else)
  • Quest Name
  • Planet
  • Names of the items from quest rewards.
  • If you took a rollbox, indicate you did so and what item you got from it
  • A screenshot of the quest reward window would be great. We can match the icons and verify it. (Image shack is free, no login required)

Edited by Zoopercat

I like and very reminiscent of the early stages for that "other" game. ;) Hopefully in the future BW will give us a personal armory to UL because updating will be tedious.

In setting up my Guardian I noticed a couple of things. Companion's initial green mod-able weapons are listed as orange. No biggie, though.

I could not equip Doc with the correct chest piece. Mine is wearing the Force Sentinel Vest and it won't come up for him.

I'm going to share it with my FB group and see what their reaction is.

Hey there, some of the items are actually mis-colored in the game. A green item should not be moddable, that's why we color it orange.

edit (update): The chest piece that doc is wearing is an orange piece that originally comes with a STR mod in it, so we filter it out since doc uses cunning. We're working on a setup so that you can equip any orange gear on companions - we're trying to figure out the best way to display that, so you don't get bombarded with too much gear... perhaps there's a toggle that says 'show all orange gear' or something simple like that.

Edited by Zoopercat

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! Since the patch has been confirmed to NOT come out this tuesday 4/10... if anyone finds themselves grinding heroic quests to get orange gear in prep for 1.2....

We'd love to continue to flesh out the source list!