Does anyone actually use Group Finder???

Vecier

Im constantly seeing in the chat box "LFG" blah blah blah and when i try group finder it takes forever to find a group. In fact i have never found a group lol. Longest queue ive been in is 20 minutes and got impatient. I was excited when it got introduced into the game which is one of the reason i resubbed. Is it me or do people just not use it? :mad::mad::rak_02::

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it for normal hardmodes because im a tank and theres really no way the common idiot can screw up a run for me.

I dont use it for hm lost island or sm ops, and i definately will never use it for those until biowares briliance can catch up to 5 years ago and implement gear and spec checks.

Nope, I don't use it.

No Chat Bubbles? No grouping.

Customize the "chat" box? Nope, sorry, that doesn't work for me.

Vent? Mumble? Nope, sorry, I'd rather listen to music.

Chat Bubbles + Voice Emotes would make grouping and communicating so much simpler (and more fun). Wouldn't hurt to have macroed chat as well so you can state your needs at the beginning of each run with a minimum of fuss.

Until then I'll solo.

Cheers...

Nope, I don't use it.

Chat Bubbles + Voice Emotes would make grouping and communicating so much simpler (and more fun). Wouldn't hurt to have macroed chat as well so you can state your needs at the beginning of each run with a minimum of fuss.

Until then I'll solo.

Cheers...

what has voice comms got to do with pugs and a dungeon finder ? and most guilds use them as its easier to talk then typing during a fight :rolleyes:

I think this game failed hard and I love to bash it, but the four times I've used group finder I always found a group in no more than 5 minutes. Small sample size, but it always worked out great and i'm surprised so many people don't like it.

I use it nearly every day, and a queue doesn't take longer than five minutes for me. Granted I am a tank, so tanks are in more demand than a DPS class. Reason why it may take longer for you is that you're queued for DPS? If so, then I'd expect those wait times. It can be difficult at times to find groups during off-times for non 50 HM runs, as the capped population queues much more than the 1-49 population.

I think it's essentially impossible to get a group together in the group finder in under an hour or so if you're leveling a dps. On my healer, I get like 20 minute queues while leveling. Even then, it can take hours just to get a group that will stick together for more than a few pulls. I've gotten more idiots in this game than I think I've ever experienced in WoW. The DPS love to pull instead of the tank and they all love to LoS you as a healer and then complain they die. Or the tanks that pull everything in the room thinking they're superman.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it feels like randoms in this game are just so stupid.

i use it every time i play. it's been a great way to gear up my sorc healer and powertech tank. i've only had one bad group in all that time and half of it was my fault because at the time my powertech was dps and he just wasn't cuttin it so i apologized and left so they could find someone else.

now, for a dps groupfinder sucks, it takes around an hour or so to find a group for my mara.

then again i wouldn't have any problems finding a group dps or otherwise if i was in a well populated guild, so my queue times on my mara are mostly my fault.

Im constantly seeing in the chat box "LFG" blah blah blah and when i try group finder it takes forever to find a group. In fact i have never found a group lol. Longest queue ive been in is 20 minutes and got impatient. I was excited when it got introduced into the game which is one of the reason i resubbed. Is it me or do people just not use it? :mad::mad::rak_02::

It all depends on your class, at 50 I can wait 20 minutes on a DPS queue but maybe 5 minutes with a tank. And to be honest 20 minutes is not a long wait. But this is not a problem inherent to the group finder it is down to the numbers of healers and tanks to proportion to DPS.

Most of the LFG calls I see in general chat are for ops that never appear in the group finder (e.g. EC and Denova) or for ones not available at that level (such as 50s doing Esselles for social points).

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Yeah.

My first runthrough with toons without it, i barely did any of the FPs. (And im a PvEr).

I absolutely love flashpoints :p

When they brought it out, i had my 48DPS. Sometimes it could take 4-5 HOURS to find a group.

But loads of people are DPS so thats completely normal in my book.

When i started my Trooper i went heal spec, finding groups in under 10 minutes.

When i started a tank, the 10-30 FPs were usually within 10 minutes.

30+ was instant every time i tried.

Nope, I don't use it.

Until then I'll solo.

Cheers...

Could you also add me to your ignore list? I will do the same. Tickdoff is the name.

I use it often.. and I have had very few problems, managed to aquire a columi healing set and fill in my rakata DPS set with BH pieces.

I think its been a great addition to the game.

Edited by Kaesoron

I have been having a blast with it. I started some new characters on Jedi Covenant just so I could experience the flash points at level. The time til a flash point pops varies quite a bit from day to day and based on the time of day. I have occasionally seen instant queues as a dps. My biggest complaint is the no travel back to your starting point and the occasional resetting of the roles to default. I personally would much rather the default to have been nothing selected so I don't have to decline when I miss noticing it reset and put me in a role that my character was not set up to handle.

Use it quite often. For HMs, it is almost instant and for lower lev content it depends on the FP. Either way the tool has worked very well for me. I completed more content because of it instead of in spite of it. Edited by Rafaman