Quitting in middle of WZ and consequences

Bolo_Yeung

Yeah, nothing will be done about it so it's all moot. The same way we're over a year into the game and still dealing with absurd CC-fest. They currently see PvP as something on page 3 of the to do list.

If they said Sumuji, we're going to take your idea and impliment it next patch I would say make it so leaving a WZ within the first 5 mins of play would result in a 5 min que lockout. Maybe they have some way of telling the difference between someone getting disconnected of leaving but I don't think you should withhold needed mechanics because 0.001% might occasionally crash or lose connection in a WZ.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we're getting achievements they can just create a "quitter" achievement once you quit X number of times. The difference is that the title is mandatory once it's earned. The only way to turn it off again would be to play X number of warzones in a row without quitting.

Quitters can still quit, and the rest of us can see you for what you are and boot you from the group ahead of time if we don't want to risk you abandoning the team mid game.

This would just make me Quit more, so I could get said Title and wear it proudly. I'm not ashamed that I quit warzones where my team doesn't care if we win or not. I've never actually quit a warzone just because we were losing. I quit because people on my team showed they didn't care aboot winning. Things like don't call inc, don't respond to inc, get leapt to in endzone twice (once is a mistake 2 or more and its on purpose), abandon node when they were only one there, try and 3 cap when we are struggling to hold 2, and my all time favorite is defensive medal farming. I've also quit matches when we were winning for these same reasons. And If I quit a match when I load in, I don't see the problem with this. I obviously didn't want to play with 1 or more of you on my team.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

Now that we're getting achievements they can just create a "quitter" achievement once you quit X number of times. The difference is that the title is mandatory once it's earned. The only way to turn it off again would be to play X number of warzones in a row without quitting.

Quitters can still quit, and the rest of us can see you for what you are and boot you from the group ahead of time if we don't want to risk you abandoning the team mid game.

Yea, that'll show those quitters. Kick em out.....

That makes perfect sense. Yes...YES! Instead of them quitting the WZ...?....were gonna KICK EM OUT! Muhuhahhaha! Why didn't we think of that before!? :rolleyes:

This would just make me Quit more, so I could get said Title and wear it proudly. I'm not ashamed that I quit warzones where my team doesn't care if we win or not. I've never actually quit a warzone just because we were losing. I quit because people on my team showed they didn't care aboot winning. Things like don't call inc, don't respond to inc, get leapt to in endzone twice (once is a mistake 2 or more and its on purpose), abandon node when they were only one there, try and 3 cap when we are struggling to hold 2, and my all time favorite is defensive medal farming. I've also quit matches when we were winning for these same reasons. And If I quit a match when I load in, I don't see the problem with this. I obviously didn't want to play with 1 or more of you on my team.

Jenna'syyde

Denial, not just a river in Africa.

Denial, not just a river in Africa.

What am I in denial aboot. I said I'm proud of my quitting. So where is my denial at. I've finished many games where we got 3 capped by a team better then us. Why did I stay cause my team actually tried to win. Seriously don't hate me cause you can't call out incs, or you like to have tea parties at grass with 3 other princesses. It's not my fault that you are way to important to stand guard at a node so you abandon it. Seriously why should I stay in a warzone with you (if this is you) I don't need the comms (im fully geared) I dont need the valor I'm maxed out. I dont need the experience I've been level 50 legacy for a long time. The money isn't worth it. Hell I don't even feel sorry for the sucker who backfills for me. So if you want someone to be mad at for me quitting a match then be mad at the losers who cant do simple things.

Jenna'syyde

What am I in denial aboot. I said I'm proud of my quitting. So where is my denial at. I've finished many games where we got 3 capped by a team better then us. Why did I stay cause my team actually tried to win. Seriously don't hate me cause you can't call out incs, or you like to have tea parties at grass with 3 other princesses. It's not my fault that you are way to important to stand guard at a node so you abandon it. Seriously why should I stay in a warzone with you (if this is you) I don't need the comms (im fully geared) I dont need the valor I'm maxed out. I dont need the experience I've been level 50 legacy for a long time. The money isn't worth it. Hell I don't even feel sorry for the sucker who backfills for me. So if you want someone to be mad at for me quitting a match then be mad at the losers who cant do simple things.

Jenna'syyde

You walk out on your teammates because you feel you're better than everyone else, and you use your unrealistically high standards to justify your selfishness. You've played hundreds and hundreds of warzones, and have experience that other people don't have. Instead of trying to be a good teammate, you would rather walk out at the first sign of trouble rather than face some adversity. Then you tried to cover your *** by claiming you quit out of warzones you're winning. Yeah, nobody believes that because quitters will quit a dozen warzones to get put into that one warzone that's a walkover victory so they can get that instant gratification. And damn the consequences of quitting on all your teammates. People like you are selfish, elitist, and ruin PvP for people who try to play the game the right way.

You walk out on your teammates because you feel you're better than everyone else, and you use your unrealistically high standards to justify your selfishness. You've played hundreds and hundreds of warzones, and have experience that other people don't have. Instead of trying to be a good teammate, you would rather walk out at the first sign of trouble rather than face some adversity. Then you tried to cover your *** by claiming you quit out of warzones you're winning. Yeah, nobody believes that because quitters will quit a dozen warzones to get put into that one warzone that's a walkover victory so they can get that instant gratification. And damn the consequences of quitting on all your teammates. People like you are selfish, elitist, and ruin PvP for people who try to play the game the right way.

No i walk out on my teammates cause they feel they are too good to do simple things. This isn't rocket science. I've clearly laid it out many times. If I cant count on my teammates to do simple things then I can't be teammates with them. You tho keep coming back to I think I'm better then them because you are probably one of them who I cant count on. I play video games to have fun. Not to make friends, not to help teach someone how to do simple things. If you are on my team and making it so the warzone isn't fun then I will bail. I don't care if you have a problem with it.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

No i walk out on my teammates cause they feel they are too good to do simple things. This isn't rocket science. I've clearly laid it out many times. If I cant count on my teammates to do simple things then I can't be teammates with them. You tho keep coming back to I think I'm better then them because you are probably one of them who I cant count on. I play video games to have fun. Not to make friends, not to help teach someone how to do simple things. If you are on my team and making it so the warzone isn't fun then I will bail. I don't care if you have a problem with it.

Jenna'syyde

I'm glad you're not on my server, because you really are the worst type of player. It's pretty pathetic that you hold people in such contempt over a video game and you get so upset at people making mistakes that you throw a tantrum and quit.

Call me a noob if you like, but I don't even know how to quit a WZ.

I joined 2 matches tonight. The first one, when the other team got 2 turrets to our one (Novare Coast, I think?) half the team immediately turtled up on the West turret and farmed defender medals.

The second match, I was told "Leave, now" as soon as I zoned in.

I know I suck, and my gear isn't good, and I'm a L50 sniper that doesn't have enough WZ comms to buy any gear yet. But there's no way for me to get any comms without playing matches, so... what else am I supposed to do?

Almost makes me want to not do PvP at all. And actively driving people away from PvP just because they're inexperienced at it can only hurt YOUR game experience in the long run. As it was, I just blocked the douche and switched to my Marauder for some Tatooine leveling instead. I've got better things to do than be berated by an eliteist jerk.

I'm glad you're not on my server, because you really are the worst type of player. It's pretty pathetic that you hold people in such contempt over a video game and you get so upset at people making mistakes that you throw a tantrum and quit.

And I'm glad you aren't on my server cause we have enough of you who cant manage the simple things.

Jenna'syyde

Until Bioware change the levels of coms awarded people leaving will continue. I don't need coms any more but I refuse to carry stupid players.

Most of the people posting in this thread sound like the kind of players who wont call inc and then lose a node, or are too blinkered to guard doors and wonder why people leave Voidstar when the bomb is planted inside 30 seconds.

If the majority learnt to play(theres more than enough guides on this forum and videos on youtube to grab the basics) and until such time that the Cartel Market sells 'Common Sense Packs', MP(Muppet player) behaviour will continue to spoil pvp.

When I first started playing, I couldn't understand why people left games so quickly then it just dawned on me. In games like Huttball - everyone chased the ball carrier down but they scored. Then, because none of the team had the brains to get back to middle, they got the ball and scored again and again.

Common sense. Lack it and I will always leave a warzone. MPs need to learn to play

I hate having to quit a WZ. Even if we're losing, I still stick around to get my Valor and Comms. But today I was rolling 9 Medals as a healer (don't ask why, I don't even remember DPS'ing at all) and we were halfway through the battle but I had to leave to go to a funeral for a close friend. It pained me to leave them and I sure hope they didn't say nasty things about me. So sometimes if someone does leave a WZ it's for good reasons.

And I'm glad you aren't on my server cause we have enough of you who cant manage the simple things.

Jenna'syyde

Ah yes, the old "you're a bad so I'm right" argument. For the record, I get told to shut up at least once a day because I'm the most chatty person in every warzone. I call every incoming, give reminders about making calls before the game starts, and attempt to coordinate strategy during the game. I believe you're supposed to challenge me to a 1v1 next after the "you're a bad" argument fails.

Ah yes, the old "you're a bad so I'm right" argument. For the record, I get told to shut up at least once a day because I'm the most chatty person in every warzone. I call every incoming, give reminders about making calls before the game starts, and attempt to coordinate strategy during the game. I believe you're supposed to challenge me to a 1v1 next after the "you're a bad" argument fails.

Omagawd where are you when I PvP!?!? No one EVER talks cept me in WZ's. I wish there were more of you out there.

I promise, what NO ONE, NEVER leave pure DEATHMATCH warzone, without any objectives except kills, SOLO QUEUE ONLY.

NEVER LEAVE. Cuz its pure fun and enjoy and zero stress.

But BW looks so stupid dont make such simple warzone just for fun and relax...

So, major problem in matchmaking system, wz with objectives, premages/pugs common queue.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

after all this the general consensus is "bioware please balance wz match making"?

Proper warzone matchmaking would reduce the amount of quitting. In an ideal matchmaking system you are matched with similarly geared/skilled/minded players. People who never focus on the objectives would never be matched with those who do.

Edited by Yeochins

You're fired. Next?

1) you get locked out after you leave more than 5 warzones / hour (leaves up to 30 seconds before it starts don't count)

2) Warzone stops backfilling after the 5th person left

Edited by sanchito

I will post this again, I would like to hear what people think about it.

Warcraft, League of Legends, have penalty systems that work, people understand them.

See example of what happens,

Leaver Buster:

Punishment (normal match):

1st offense - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 6 minutes.

2nd and following offenses - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 15 minutes.

If the game was a ranked match, the player loses no elo but the punishment is harsher:

1st offense - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 30 minutes.

2nd and following offenses - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 60 minutes.

This counter resets after 8 hours without leaving during champion select.

This counter is shared between normal and ranked.

Leaving the game before the match is over:

The Leaver Buster system will automatically kick players who remain idle for 5 minutes.

Punishment: No XP/IP granted for the abandoned game and a leave added to the player's profile.

If a game doesn't end (for example for server issues, or because every player left the match), no penalties are given out.

Deserter Buff:

Deserter (also known as "Battleground Deserter") is the debuff a player receives after becoming AFK or prematurely leaving a battleground. It exists to deter players from gaining honor at a battleground by attending but not participating. It also prevents players from leaving a battleground due to an unfavorable matchup, and instantly joining another with the hope of a better matchup.

There is also a version of this that is obtained from leaving a Random dungeon before the end.

Link for League of Legends http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Leaver_Buster

Deserter Warcraft Wiki http://www.wowwiki.com/Deserter

My point?

If a FTP game has this, and Warcraft, why not SWTOR?

Edited by Caeliux

I've played in WZ with Jenna'syyde and honestly i can see the point. I personally never leave a WZ but I do honestly have to force myself to stay many times. I know its just a game but when I'm working hard to win and people don't defend or piss away the node I just capped because they weren't paying attention its annoying. I'm not talking about just one mistake,,,once i've capped the same node three times and 6 teamates can't seem to just guard and respawn correctly I feel like i'm wasting my time. I mean sometimes it's almost funny...I called out 2/6 on aldeeran and when we got off the speeders 5 people went west...not 3.... 5.

When you see that happen you can't tell me your not thinking "oh crap here we go again". I'll give you another example. I ninja capped a node after telling the group thats what I was going to do. 2 were guarding west 5 were mid, I capped and killed both defenders healed myself and lost the node after getting over run fighting off 4 people while hoping back up was coming. I felt stupid. It's like just say you don't want to win and I won't waste my time actually playing the objectives.

I will post this again, I would like to hear what people think about it.

While it's a great idea, in practice it just can't work. Obviously there must be an AFK kick mechanism. But in SWTOR, since they apparently are not interested in improving the PvP WZ situation by implementing cross server queues, a deserter debuff would bring the active WZ population down to the point where queue times would kill WZs.

Also, until something is done about premades farming pugs, the only thing that keeps me and many other players from quitting the game altogether is that we can leave a game that is pointless without having to waste even MORE time on a deserter debuff. We already wasted the time it took to queue, load, and examine our team and the opposing team.

Edited by Vasagi

If you punish for leaving WZs (a intended feature) as there is a button for it, then all those that leave will simply sit idle till the next match.

The only single answer is that a matchmaker needs to be implemented in order for both teams to have a fair chance to win. As it stands now, I can tell about 75% of the time if its a bad win or great loss in the 1st 1 min.

Why do I want to be part of a unfun 15 mins because players can't don't have a clue how to do objectives, have bad gear and can't run their toons worth a damn? As much as you are being disenfranchised by players leaving, the players that leave are being disenfranchised by players that are bad, inexperienced or lazy.

You will never fix this, its just life, the only solution is to have a equal number of good geared, high experienced players on each team and a equal number of low experienced, bad players on each team.

i'm all for them assigning rankings to each player based on gear/wins/losses/medals etc etc, it would help level the playing field i think, but as it stands the best thing we can do as a community is try to get everyone's skill level and gear up and hope for the best. Right now it's the only thing short of qqing about it (not a personal attack just saying....) so as a community if we see some bad behavior, not guarding a node, standing in a bad place etc, send a POLITE /tell /say w/e, " hey stand here so you can LOS the ranged or kill their healers etc etc."

While it's a great idea, in practice it just can't work. opposing team.

It can work in SWTOR just like it does in Warcraft.

The problem is in this game people want excuses to leave a match for whatever reason, but in League of Legends and Warcraft excuses get deserter buffs and banned from playing for a bit.

Why people don't want it here, they want SWTOR to allow them to choose to leave when they want, and since that is the case these facts come into play,

1. One person leaves a match and its 8 vs 7, that match went from a 50/50 win ration, to about a 2% for the 7 vs 8.

2. That match where a leaver just left now has been dictated by that leaver, the leaver just made that match almost un-winnable due to it.

3. The 7 people left, (unless more leave) now has to fight twice as hard, and has to deal with those odds.

4. Now back-fillers have to log into a match sometimes already in session, wasting time, and deal leaving to hopefully join another match which is brand new I hope, or stay and hope to change game around.

I could go on how much strain for people like me that care has to deal with when PvPing with leavers and people that complain about macthes and rage quits without no ounce of punishment.

Last nite I Q'ed into 5 matches in a row already in session, all of them due to leavers and people in the OPs complaining about it.

I don't think Bioware wants people to unsub due to people geting upset when games are losed and people are allowed to make matches lop sided any longer, this has been a issue since beta and something needs implemented to either reward people more when someone leaves, or punish people for it that way people can think twice about leaving.

Also, a AFK function already is in session, you report and if they decide to move around and go back into a afk posture then it don't work.

Bottom line is bads are making games lop sided due to leaving matches, any excuse to leave unless its a 911 should be punishment and acknowledged.

My facts and truth is undisputed.

Put an invisible counter on the character's profile, that resets with the servers every tuesday morning.

Every time the character leaves a WZ prematurely, the counter ticks.

To allow for circumstances such as crashes, power outages, family emergencies, and the like, the counter threshold will be 5.

Once the counter reaches 5, the offending character gets a new title in front of their name: "Leaver"

This title cannot be manually toggled off or switched out in the options or character tabs.

Facts and truths...I think you need to look those words up in a dictionary my friend. I've highlighted your opinions, which you call facts.

It can work in SWTOR just like it does in Warcraft.

The problem is in this game people want excuses to leave a match for whatever reason, but in League of Legends and Warcraft excuses get deserter buffs and banned from playing for a bit.

Why people don't want it here, they want SWTOR to allow them to choose to leave when they want, and since that is the case these facts come into play,

1. One person leaves a match and its 8 vs 7, that match went from a 50/50 win ration, to about a 2% for the 7 vs 8.

2. That match where a leaver just left now has been dictated by that leaver, the leaver just made that match almost un-winnable due to it.

3. The 7 people left, (unless more leave) now has to fight twice as hard, and has to deal with those odds.

4. Now back-fillers have to log into a match sometimes already in session, wasting time, and deal leaving to hopefully join another match which is brand new I hope, or stay and hope to change game around.

I could go on how much strain for people like me that care has to deal with when PvPing with leavers and people that complain about macthes and rage quits without no ounce of punishment.

Last nite I Q'ed into 5 matches in a row already in session, all of them due to leavers and people in the OPs complaining about it.

I don't think Bioware wants people to unsub due to people geting upset when games are losed and people are allowed to make matches lop sided any longer, this has been a issue since beta and something needs implemented to either reward people more when someone leaves, or punish people for it that way people can think twice about leaving.

Also, a AFK function already is in session, you report and if they decide to move around and go back into a afk posture then it don't work.

Bottom line is bads are making games lop sided due to leaving matches, any excuse to leave unless its a 911 should be punishment and acknowledged.

My facts and truth is undisputed.

The problem is, once again, that there are not enough people doing level 50 warzones to enable a deserter debuff that has any real consequence. If you lock players out of warzones, it will further lower the population of warzones, which will in turn raise the queue times. When the queue times get too long, more people will stop queuing because it's not fun to sit in queue for 45 minutes to play a 5 minute pug vs premade warzone that you have no chance of winning from the start. A deserter debuff would more than likely kill warzones.

THE DESERTER PROBLEM IS TIED DIRECTLY TO THE PUG VS PREMADE PROBLEM. I know there are people who also leave because they see one person on their team under 20k hit points, but those people usually leave before a match starts, and really have no effect on the outcome.

A deserter debuff works in WoW because there are cross server queues which create a larger PvP pool. This game is not WoW.

If BW would stop wasting their time making new cartel market cosmetic packs and spend their budget on, you know, actually making the game more fun, this would be an easy problem to fix. Cross server queues, then deserter debuff, then a more stringent filter to minimize the pug vs premade issue. But since they can't sell cross server queues on the cartel market for real money, it will never happen.

Edited by Vasagi