Kaliyo and Temple SPOILER

silenttex

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Even though i married Kaliyo is there a way to romance Temple? I made a mistake when i ready Kaliyo was the only romanceable character. Then i found out Temple could also be one. I really hope i can romance her since she fits my character more.

I think I found a workaround for the whole romance triangle thing by accident during my playthrough:

1)Get affection with Kaliyo until you get the marriage proposal dialogue to open up. Don't complete it.

2)Get affection up with Temple. She'll ask you to pick between her and Kaliyo. Choose Temple, and continue raising her affection until she asks you to marry her. Accept. The whole time, Kaliyo's dialogue will remain active.

3)Now that you're finished with Temple, marry Kaliyo.

Why would you even contemplate marrying Kaliyo? I don't trust her just being on my ship, nevermind getting into a monogamous relationship with her. I'm surprised she'd even agree to it knowing her hit-and-run lifestyle.

That Temple character though is perfect marriage material ;)

Edited by ZakMorgan

Why would you even contemplate marrying Kaliyo? I don't trust her just being on my ship, nevermind getting into a monogamous relationship with her. I'm surprised she'd even agree to it knowing her hit-and-run lifestyle.

That Temple character though is perfect marriage material ;)

you didn't pick up from all Kaliyo's personal quests that shes really happy with you for the first time in her life and deeper emotion scares her so she even played off getting married as business. All those quest were her tying up the lose ends so she can stay.

Me personally I love Kaliyos craziness and comments at plot points make me laugh so hard sometimes.

after sleeping with Ki Sazen, Kaliyo says"just because shes a jedi doesn't mean you can't catch anything."

• 11 months later...
I think I found a workaround for the whole romance triangle thing by accident during my playthrough:

1)Get affection with Kaliyo until you get the marriage proposal dialogue to open up. Don't complete it.

2)Get affection up with Temple. She'll ask you to pick between her and Kaliyo. Choose Temple, and continue raising her affection until she asks you to marry her. Accept. The whole time, Kaliyo's dialogue will remain active.

3)Now that you're finished with Temple, marry Kaliyo.

This doesn't work anymore. Got Kaliyo up to "Ring", escaped out, raised Temple up to "Crew Relations" and chose her. Kaliyo's quest isn't active any longer :(

Yeah, they actually addressed this publicly some time ago....I think around 1.2 or 1.3, and it was actually in the patch notes that it was fixed.

There was another exploit where people would wait to romance Temple after Kaliyo was "missing"...however it seems they have fixed that as well.

Wow this thread is almost a year old. :D And I'm still here.

Edited by chuixupu

• 2 months later...

i tried to accept Kaliyo for who she was. but prior to the Ring mission, you find out she's been selling all sorts of secrets to an ex. that was the backbreaker. i could take the cheating(cuz i sure did my share), the intricate defenses she set up around her true emotions, and the weird looks. i figured at some point, she'd open up like Jack did in Mass Effect. but that never happened.

when you're a gov't spook, and your life is endless spools of lies, you need a place where you can expect truth. Temple(appropriately) provided that.

have your fun with Kaliyo, but you'd be shortchanging yourself if you marry her. i just wanna write her a big check so she'll go away. someday i'll claim her at the galactic morgue, then cremate and put her ashes in a coffee can i bought at Ralph's.

i tried to accept Kaliyo for who she was. but prior to the Ring mission, you find out she's been selling all sorts of secrets to an ex. that was the backbreaker. i could take the cheating(cuz i sure did my share), the intricate defenses she set up around her true emotions, and the weird looks. i figured at some point, she'd open up like Jack did in Mass Effect. but that never happened.

when you're a gov't spook, and your life is endless spools of lies, you need a place where you can expect truth. Temple(appropriately) provided that.

have your fun with Kaliyo, but you'd be shortchanging yourself if you marry her. i just wanna write her a big check so she'll go away. someday i'll claim her at the galactic morgue, then cremate and put her ashes in a coffee can i bought at Ralph's.

We all have our own opinions.

I've leveled 3 agents to 50. I've married both Kaliyo and Temple, and then neither of them.

Kaliyo > Temple.

Why? Yeah, she's a little crazy and will go behind my back to make some extra cash, but she knows better than to point a gun at me. I would rather trust her personal loyalty to me and lack of Empire loyalty over Temple's complete lack of personal loyalty (to the point of killing her own father) over loyalty to the Empire.

Considering what I've done in the story, I'm pretty sure Temple wouldn't be above killing me either. She'd just have a hard time doing it. :rak_03:

Also, it all ends after marriage anyway, so until some day in the future when they decide to do companion updates, that's all, folks.

Edited by chuixupu

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Even though i married Kaliyo is there a way to romance Temple? I made a mistake when i ready Kaliyo was the only romanceable character. Then i found out Temple could also be one. I really hope i can romance her since she fits my character more.

Is it too much to ask for a sane romance option for IA's? Vector may well be the most well-balanced member of my crew, and he's part of an alien hivemind. :p

I chose today and I'm going for Kaliyo. I wouldn't mind having both Temple and Kaliyo for a while, but the same minute I asked Temple for dinner (and it wasn't even clear that'd be a date) she wanted me to dump Kaliyo. Really? It's scary to think of what would become of her as a wife. No thanks.

Kaliyo has flaws, but fits me better. And also we did a lot of things together during the whole story. And I love her quotes. I'm always looking forward to hear something like "I'm making u look good agent, u should be greatful." etc.

Edited by zzoorrzz

• 2 years later...

Over two years later, and I'm just finding out about this. I also just discovered that I can bed both women.

Here's what I did:

I flirted with Kaliyo when I first met her on Hutta, then didn't talk to her again until after I completed the romance with Watcher 2 (Shara Jenn). Then I flirted with Kaliyo once more if I recall, stopped talking to her again after that and proceeded to complete the romance option with Raina Temple all the way to marriage. I then went back to speak with Kaliyo (mind you, this is maybe my third or fourth conversation with her), she propositions me for sex, we get it on, and then she asks if she was better than Temple.

Awesome stuff there.

So it seems to me that Kaliyo is aware that I'm already in a (committed) relationship with Temple, but I'm able to mess around with her still. I'm assuming at some point she'll ask me to choose, but in the meanwhile, I'll enjoy the ride, er rather, her riding me.

(As an aside, I was trying to go for a record with my agent for the number of women he sleeps with. I'm up to six now, which includes Shara, Raina, Kaliyo, Baron Peyar's wife, Ki Sazen, and Yana-ton. I think I may have missed one somewhere, but still, we should get an achievement or title for that, like "the Promiscuous".)

Edited by Mournblood

As a follow up, Kaliyo eventually forces the issue between her, Raina, and yourself if you've completed the romance with Temple then pursue one with Kaliyo. Though it was completely possible for me to break off my engagement with Temple in order to continue romancing Kaliyo, I chose to stick with Ensign Temple, much to Kaliyo's dismay. While she may be boring compared to Kaliyo, at least she's not selling Imperial secrets to Anarchists.

On a sidenote, I was experiencing some deja vous when I discovered Kaliyo selling Imperial secrets. While her betrayal wasn't quite as bad as Quinn's - she didn't try to kill you - it was still a betrayal nonetheless. After all, if Imperial Intelligence had learned that one of my crew was doing that, I could have easily ended up standing right next to her in a firing squad. Personally, I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would choose to marry Kaliyo who's managed to betray every single person in her life who's ever cared for her. At least you can say she's consistent about being a backstabbing b*tch. If the game had let me, I would have had her arrested and imprisoned.

I honestly wouldn't dare to betray Kaliyo, i would have to sleep with 1 eye open and watch my back the whole time... Very Bold move if you ask me.

To be honest, if you've betrayed Kaliyo and as a result you aren't sleeping with both eyes open, it's because she gouged out one of them when she found out.

Also, for Kaliyo: species-specific dialogue fail. She tells you all about growing up on Rattatak, cool, but phrased as if you wouldn't know what it is. Even if your character is also a Rattataki. And when you go to see Jadus the first time, his guards say that *the* (singular) Rattataki must wait outside. I thought that was odd, especially since there wasn't a "Which one?" option in the dialogue wheel for my male Ratta agent.