Should I be biochem on my main?

Sarielle

I realize I buried this in an unrelated thread.

I have no big interest in crafting otherwise. I'd originally taken all gathering skills (slicing, archaeology and investigation for the companion gifts) on my main to sell the materials, but had considered doing biochem on an alt. However, while I might PvP on them both I would really only ever be likely to do "endgame" PvE on Sarie.

Is biochem useful for operations etc. still? I'm struggling to find recent info on it, as all the guides are from a long time ago. I am willing to bioanalysis and diplomacy on her too if it's worth it, but I'd rather do it now, when she's just 30, than get them up high and THEN realize when I hit 55 I should have done biochem.

Is it true that reusables still require the appropriate biochem level to use? Can non-reusables be passed on to RL friends?

I'd appreciate any help. :)

+1 on this. I've got Biochem on every character I play at 55 just because the reuseables are so amazing.

Reuseables still require Biochem and are slightly worse than their prototype counterpart which you can craft and sell/give to your friends/use yourself. Especially the Adrenals are amazing to have as a reuseable considering a DPS often wants to pop one every 3 minutes (the cooldown) and Tank/Healers when-ever they find it most appropriate. Same as for medpac. It's all 'extra's' but that extra can safe your life/prevent enrage timers/safe someone elses life depending on what you're doing. And you're much more inclined to use it if it's an endless supply rather than 'ouch that's 15k, maybe we make it anyway'

As for which skills to take, yes Diplomacy and Bioanalysis would be recommended for Biochem. Diplomacy also gives companion gifts, which you said you had an intrest in. Bioanalysis materials are often well-sought after (varies per server but it's logical since most raids people pop atleast a stim, resulting in a endless need of Bioanalysis materials.) so there's a penny to be made, or in crafting if that's more profitable/your thing. :)

OK. Time to drop my old crew skills and spend some time on Coruscant I guess, haha. Thank you both for the advice. :) Gonna be a wrench to drop slicing though ... the missions on crit sell really well, and who doesn't like credit nodes? lol.

Did they not add any new reusables? Looking on different sites, I only see the recipes for all of the rakata stuff along with the new implants. I haven't leveled my biochem from 400 to 450 yet since I didn't see anything that was worth the upgrade. Did I miss something?

Follow up on this, are bioanalysis missions worth running? IE, do they produce materials you can't get from nodes? I ran a couple and seemed to be getting the same thing I got from gathering around Coruscant.