After Cathar...

ShupFace

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream would be Echani, but well, I'm really sure that won't happen.

Anyway, my bet is, that the next race will be one that none suggested/wanted/expected/etc. much like the Cathar race itself.

But that's just my opinion, hope I'm wrong... again. :jawa_angel:

but you can create an echani looking char with the current char settings :)

I know, I know, that's why I also said, that I'm really sure it won't happen. ^^

But actually, you can't get the hair and eyes silverly/light enough, so best thing I could do to roleplay my "Echani" as hybrid.

Voss - Will never happen. Just take a look at the story line surrounding the Voss and you will notice that they aren't aligned with Republic or Empire and that they have no desire to leave they planet and their Mystics.

In the same fashion, we won't be able to play as Rakata or Gree either...

Yoda's race - Will never happen per Lucas' order

Togruta - very likely and in high demand (+1 from me aswell)

Nautulan - more or less the same story

Selkath - bit of an underdog but a very nice race imo (+1 from me)

Kaleesh - same story...maybe a bit less in demand

Jawa, Wookiee, Trandoshian, etc - Will never happen because they can't wear any armor and/or don't speak Basic

Anything else?

Edited by MaxTNT

It was stated a while back, on a website I have forgotten, that there will be no races that differ too dramatically from the human 'norm' (in terms of appearance, mainly). The reason given was that the emphasis upon story would be compromised by playing a race that looked (and behaved?) too differently from our perceptions of humanity. It was claimed that such a disposition would be difficult to identify with by the gamer.

I have to admit, my BS detector went into overdrive at this point. I, personally, give more credit to the gamer, and indeed the roleplayer, than to assume that they would be unable to identify with a race such as a Wookiee or Trandoshan. Or that they would not find their immersion in such a character's story to be meaningful.

What I believe Bioware were trying to say was that the development of a storyline for these races within the rigid structure already defined by the game, in addition to the itemisation and possible voicing issues, was a headache too big/expensive for them to countenance.

I expect that this won't be the last time that the story albatross turns from a good omen into a rotten necktie on the good ship SWtoR.

H.

Voss - Will never happen. Just take a look at the story line surrounding the Voss and you will notice that they aren't aligned with Republic or Empire and that they have no desire to leave they planet and their Mystics.

In the same fashion, we won't be able to play as Rakata or Gree either...

Yoda's race - Will never happen per Lucas' order

Togruta - very likely and in high demand (+1 from me aswell)

Nautulan - more or less the same story

Selkath - bit of an underdog but a very nice race imo (+1 from me)

Kaleesh - same story...maybe a bit less in demand

Jawa, Wookiee, Trandoshian, etc - Will never happen because they can't wear any armor and/or don't speak Basic

Anything else?

I said Togarians they'd make great Smugglers.

I would love to see Togruta.

I think BioWare will pick Togruta next.

No idea why they went with Cathar...I think. Probably easier to make/model. Big head tails might be difficult.

Would also love to see Nautolan, Falleen and Echani. I would drop everything to play an Echani female and model her after Brianna the Handmaiden or a male and model him after a younger Arca Jeth!

They won't do Yodas race, or heck I doubt any non human structure race, ever. Why do I think that? Because it means they will have to adjust animations, as well as make new ones. They don't have the money to do something like that, at least I doubt it. I hope they do add some non humanoid looking races though, would be cooler that way. But most of them probably won't fit into the current classes anyways.

Ortolan!!

lol could you picture the romance side story with that? Nadia...oh master!! Na nu nu na nu!!! rofl

But seriously tho, likely will be a basic speaker so they can reuse the voice acting and also more humanoid for the modeling. Although, they do have other modeling for tiny characters like Blizz so you can't rule out a small size toon maybe someday in the future.