Matrix Cube GONE !!!

Rasticles

Whoa noooo a human making a mistake even in a professional setting!?!?!?!? BLASPHEMY!!!! I've never made a mistake in my LIFE! How dare you BioWare be mortals?!!?

Lol seriously? Idc about little "mistakes" here and there but something like this that was so BLATANTLY obvious could have been fixed before the patch went live. If it were JUST this alone I probably would just shrug my shoulders. But no. Its been a series of BS mistakes one after another. So no. Im NOT okay with it and I consider myself to be a very patient person. The bottom line is that BW needs to stop *********** up royal and start testing these patches before they even consider bringing them to live servers.

How hard is it to do what someone just said earlier? Put this stuff on the PTS the friday before the patch and let players run around testing stuff. Maybe throw in some title rewards for dedicated testers. Or maybe thats just asking too much from a staff that is OBVIOUSLY already over tasked.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed by people who say "You know nothing about software development! It's standard to release patches that have bugs that are even worse than the ones being fixed.!"

incidentally i do know quite a lot about software development ;)

been through analysis, functional design, technical design, development, internal testing, documentation, client testing (retrace to development if necessary), implementation and support. all of those.

want to make a guess at which does BW failed today?

Whoa noooo a human making a mistake even in a professional setting!?!?!?!? BLASPHEMY!!!! I've never made a mistake in my LIFE! How dare you BioWare be mortals?!!?

Lots of organizations and people make mistakes. But in almost any "professional" organization, if a mistake is made the organization revisits their processes to make sure it doesn't happen again. So while it's perfectly understandable if a mistake is made on occasion, that does not excuse them from making the same mistake several patches in a row.

Do you have a job? Is it considered acceptable by your boss and customers to make the exact same mistake three weeks in a row?

Lots of organizations and people make mistakes. But in almost any "professional" organization, if a mistake is made the organization revisits their processes to make sure it doesn't happen again. So while it's perfectly understandable if a mistake is made on occasion, that does not excuse them from making the same mistake several patches in a row.

Do you have a job? Is it considered acceptable by your boss and customers to make the exact same mistake three weeks in a row?

i guess he hasn't... he's juat a human afterall :p

do those fanboys have any idea how ridiculous they are?

i'm a software developer, and although i don't have business with MMOs the ERP i help maintain and develop has about 20k concurrent users and about 5M end users. yep, quite a lot. so trust me, if some "patch" we push on the live servers is trash i can bet my next paycheck that the next one will be 100% foolproof. if not then... well, i lose the bet, don't i?

The advice given on the Launcher is 100% totally false and useless. Logging in makes the cube gone. Mine is gone, and I want it back ASAP.

I can't wait for the day we all log in and find our characters naked...

I can't wait for the day we all log in and find our characters naked...

said it in another post...

you know what would crack me up? currently most people (at least 50 lvl chars) are affected by this bug while having some not affected < supposedly > (they didn't log in and such). they can't solve this manually (sheer numbers) so they will have to resort to an automated procedure that will select all the people affected by this and repair the problem. if there's any glitch in that process (broken selection criteria for example) we'll see people that are still missing the cube, that either logged or, even worse, did not log (so they are supposed to not be affected by the glitch), or people finding themselves with more than just one cube (is it unique? i can't really remember) and oh, pandora's box opens :p

i'd be willing to bet that there will be problems and i pray that those problems will be solved punctually and not through... another fix lol.

p.s. one "smart" thing to do is to remove all the cubes from the chars and re-add them. at least there won't be cases of people with more than one relic :p *hint*

Edited by Urdnaxela

said it in another post...

you know what would crack me up? currently most people (at least 50 lvl chars) are affected by this bug while having some not affected < supposedly > (they didn't log in and such). they can't solve this manually (sheer numbers) so they will have to resort to an automated procedure that will select all the people affected by this and repair the problem. if there's any glitch in that process (broken selection criteria for example) we'll see people that are still missing the cube, that either logged or, even worse, did not log (so they are supposed to not be affected by the glitch).

i'd be willing to bet that there will be problems and i pray that those problems will be solved punctually and not through... another fix lol.

I don't even know how Bioware is going to fix this, they appear to be afraid of rollbacks and I get the impression that CS is incompetent overall (talked to a few helpful people there, more unhelpful than helpful). I bet this just gets blown off as "we are looing into it" or "we will release a fix... soon." and then they will sit and not do anything in the hopes that everyone forgets. Just imagine if everyone logged in and all of their equipped gear was gone? I can't even begin to imagine the cluster**** that would be if that happened.

incidentally i do know quite a lot about software development ;)

been through analysis, functional design, technical design, development, internal testing, documentation, client testing (retrace to development if necessary), implementation and support. all of those.

want to make a guess at which does BW failed today?

I'm going with "All of the Above." Am I right? Do I get a prize?