Next two playable races

Lyrinna

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathar then Kaleesh and Togruta. I don't need to speculate any others, these will be the next after Cathars, almost a given.

Odds are they're still adding the Ewok companion with this xpac still, so we might see that species playable in a year or so.

Every MMO needs a gnome species in some form or shape. Jawas will never happen since under the robes they look like anorexic rats.

Edited by nartiuslightlord

Togruta for Republic

Zeltron for Empire

Zeltron would be cool, but honestly they don't need to be a separate species selection, just add additional 'alien' skin colors to the humans. I'm not sure why they didn't do that from the beginning.

I'd like to see Legacy....limitations removed first of all...and non force sensitive(or lore limited) species restricted from force sensitive classes...and entirely implausible races restricted from each faction sith Jedi... chiss republic? /facepalm

then maybe a current gen character customization system after that...

then i guess I would like to see the voss become a neutral race to play. dunno after that. republic will need a unique race or 2 if Bioware ever gets their **** together and fixes the legacy crap.

But...there's been Chiss Jedi in the EU way before TOR.

i'd like to see falleen and zeltrons. both are beautiful and seriously awesome species. we know that they're both in the galaxy in this time period, as we have a falleen become a darth, and we have zeltron devices for courting. also, they're human enough to not break the "humans with different skin" thing they like so much. Edited by ganondorq

This sounds like an assumption as I've never seen a dev say that. It would actually be somewhat easier to use 4 or 5 already recorded Selath phrases and make the player read. Also what I've always thought they should do for non-basic speaking races is give a toggle as to whether that toons speaks basic or speaks their native language (I'd like them to reverse this for some current races, Twliek for example).

That's all assuming we ever get a non-basic race, which is a giant if right now.

No, not assumption:

Except it was the Voice Director that stated that all Player Characters will speak Basic, therefore any Playable Species must be able to Speak Basic:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/15728-interview-series-the-audio-of-star-wars-the-old

WB = Will Beckman, Voice Director

DH = Darth Hater

DH: We have been told that players have the option of making their characters a non-human species. Will all players be voiced in galactic basic, be it English, French, or German, or will some be able to speak in an alien language, similar to Jory in the Bounty Hunter demo?

WB: The players will have the option of creating non-human player characters. However all of the player characters will speak basic as much of the entertainment in the conversations comes from the player character responses.

We probably would never make a non-English speaking player race. I know it seems attractive, but simply put, hearing alien for way too long drives you crazy. An early build of the game had Tython populated by a race other than Twi'leks, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.

Reluctantly, I have to agree. It's nice to have for flavor every now and then, but when I talk to too many alien language NPCs in a short time period, I have to spacebar through it. Maybe if they made it as complex and natural as an actual language it wouldn't be as bad, but you start to realize that you're hearing a lot of the same words over and over. And don't get me started on talking to Bowdaar. I actually freaked out some of the people in my house with that.

We probably would never make a non-English speaking player race. I know it seems attractive, but simply put, hearing alien for way too long drives you crazy. An early build of the game had Tython populated by a race other than Twi'leks, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.

I agree with this. I'd counter with the fact that in many EU sources almost any race can learn galactic basic. Not every member of a species mind you, but the point of the game is you're playing a unique individual destined to do great things. It is plausible for many races that have been in the top running on almost all polls here on the forums to speak basic. Probably the bigger problem is the race size/shape rather than a can they talk like everyone else issue.

Please no species with unusual headbits or headforms until they have a solution for hoods and headtentacles.

We already have Twi'lek that can't wear hoods or have disappearing lekku when they wear certain masks.

We really don't need more of that bullthingy.

But make no mistake, I do want to be able to play Togruta and Kel'Dor and what have you,

but I want them to do it RIGHT. Seriously, Bioware, Twi'lek players are complaining about this since launch.

Get something going on this already.

Edited by Talahar

And I really doubt that we will still see faction division when it comes to new species.

The way to unlock current species as free to play is unlock them on your legacy, which will give you access

to them for both factions. Stands to reason that any new species will be unlocked along the same lines.

(Never mind that I find it icky that legacy unlocks are only for one server, not the account. Seriously, what the fork?)

I really hope we will see some of the races associated with the Hutt Underworld as playable to tie in with rise of the Hutt Cartel. As such my vote would go for

Trandoshian those loveable bounty hunters

Gran the lovable 3 eyed custodians of Jabbas palace.

Unfortunately this yet another example of BioWare NOT listening to it's customers base. This game would be far more popular if people could play species like wookies,droids,hutts and so on. I'm sorry but your story often gets in the way of having fun!

Unfortunately this yet another example of BioWare NOT listening to it's customers base. This game would be far more popular if people could play species like wookies,droids,hutts and so on. I'm sorry but your story often gets in the way of having fun!

I'm part of the subscribing playerbase and I find most of the non speaking aliens annoying to listen to.

Sooo...maybe they ARE listening to it's customers. :p

I'm part of the subscribing playerbase and I find most of the non speaking aliens annoying to listen to.

Sooo...maybe they ARE listening to it's customers. :p

Have a look at the long running poll on new races. Wookiees and Droids have a lot of votes, last time I checked Wookiees had the most votes.

Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll is the thread name. BioWare doesn't like for us to link to other topics so I won't provide a link. I can update that wookiee is no longer the top vote getter in that poll but it is still very popular with the third most votes.

Edited by Babyduck

Dammit, there go the Ortolans! :D (By the way, where are the merchandise Ortolan plushies?)

Also on that note, you could really record a few more "non-standard" phrases to drop into standard conversations and make them a bit more diverse.