So, what exactly is a DPS sorc supposed to do?

Cretinus

If melee wants to kill you, then melee will kill you in 2 GCDs. Might take a few jumps on you, but he will.

But hey: If he doesn't notice you, you can range DPS him to 2/3 HP within 8 casted GCDs!

If pyro gets close to you, then pyro will 1hit you.

But hey: Don't be a baddy! Just kite him! While doing so, you can do .... absolutely nothing. And sooner or later you'll be eating that granade. But hey: you're not alone, are you? You can win every 2X1 against a pyro! If you kite him that is, cause otherwise he will 1hit you.

Assassin comes out of stealth and hits your HP down to 1/3?

Not a problem. You have CCs! He's immune? Well, every class has a hard counter, doesn't it?

And anyway: Together with a healer, you can win every 1X1! Wait, that's 2X1.... oh well. Who cares.

And anyway: If the group protects you, you can even do some decent assists with dmg from behind. Not as good as those 7K Gods, but hey! You're not taking any dmg, as long as you're not taking any dmg, so too much burst would be OP!

And anyway: The game is not balanced for 1X1. Other classes demolish everything 1X1, but hey! Te game is not balanced for 1X1!

And anyway: You have that stupid bubble stun on every1. What? You're DPS and have too much CD on the bubble? Well, respecc heal then!

So stop being a baboon. The game is not balanced for 1X1, or for pugs. Learn 2p and go scientific with min/max/augment/gearing and also with gameplay and once in a while you might get a 4K crit, or even beat a marauder 1X1. At least if you have a healer helping out. What? That's not 1X1? Well, the game isn't balanced around 1X1, is it?

I've been playing a DPS sorc and I'm a pro and I tell you: DPS sorc is fine. L2p.

Edited by Cretinus

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If melee wants to kill you, then melee will kill you in 2 GCDs. Might take a few jumps on you, but he will.

But hey: If he doesn't notice you, you can range DPS him to 2/3 HP within 8 casted GCDs!

But hey: Don't be a baddy! Just kite him! While doing so, you can do .... absolutely nothing. And sooner or later you'll be eating that granade. But hey: you're not alone, are you? You can win every 2X1 against a pyro! If you kite him that is, cause otherwise he will 1hit you.

Not a problem. You have CCs! He's immune? Well, every class has a hard counter, doesn't it?

And anyway: Together with a healer, you can win every 1X1! Wait, that's 2X1.... oh well. Who cares.

And anyway: If the group protects you, you can even do some decent assists with dmg from behind.

And anyway: Te game is not balanced for 1X1. Other classes demolish everything 1X1, but hey! Te game is not balanced for 1X1!

And anyway: You have that stupid bubble stun on every1. What? You're DPS and have too much CD on the bubble? Well, respecc heal then!

So stop being a baboon. The game is not balanced for 1X1, or for pugs. Learn 2p and go scientific with min/max/augment/gearing and also with gameplay and once in a while you might get a 4K crit, or even beat a marauder 1X1. At least if you have a healer helping out. What? That's not 1X1? Well, the game isn't balanced around 1X1, is it?

wow lol. My sage has never been killed in 2 GCD unless i was being attacked by 5 people. this is definitely a L2P issue. DPS Sage/Sorcs are suppose to DPS and if you aren't completely horrible they do a damn good job of it. Not to mention it is super easy to also get over 200K healing done as a DPS Sage/Sorc. Please for the love of GOD stop making these stupid threads. Sage/Sorcs are no where near under powered.

Jenna'syyde 3-5-33 Balance Sage sometimes 12-17-12 Hybrid

And anyway: If the group protects you, you can even do some decent assists with dmg from behind. Not as good as those 7K Gods, but hey! You're not taking any dmg, as long as you're not taking any dmg, so too much burst would be OP!

And anyway: The game is not balanced for 1X1. Other classes demolish everything 1X1, but hey! Te game is not balanced for 1X1!

I've been playing a DPS sorc and I'm a pro and I tell you: DPS sorc is fine. L2p.

Pretty much shows the post 1.2 PvP sorc situation in and the cynicism behind it.

I applaud you.

Sage/Sorcs are no where near under powered.

Made my day, would read (and laugh) again.

@OP

Sorc = easy 5k hit medal for any class (except Sorc).

That's what we are and that's what we will be in future (if PTS changes go live as they are).

Edited by iphobia

You're kidding me, even a sorc can get the 5k medal from a sorc.

You need a min/maxed EWH Sorc hitting a full recruit Sorc for this.

While a recruit Lolsmasher can hit a full EWH Sorc for the same amount...

Edited by iphobia

i've played every class but not the sage/sorc, they seem pretty good at dps..strong area..that thing that damage you over time(sorry i don't know names but as i said i never played those classes) 1on1 is always tough and are needed skills and luck. you can also sprint away and the majority of your powers are ranged.and every class will struggle against a skilled and equipped marauder/sentinel.

I didn't start this topic out of a situational rage mood. I also play a marauder (carnage) and although he gets killed quite often, he kills quite often himself.

In WZs, if my marauder gets attacked, it's a 50% win/loss. If the sorc gets attacked, it's a 90% loss and the remaining 10% is when fighting other sorcs/sages. Worth mentioning that the sorc is better geared than the marauder. Still, the marauder's burst is already 2X that of the sorcerer.

I'm not saying that a sorc should have a caranage mara's burst, but he should have sufficient burst for at least being able to nuke the oponent when he's slowed or at range. Currently, the only thing you can do as a sorc against a non-sorc is to run away. If you manage to do so and he swaps target, you'll find yourself scratching him with a completely ridiculous dmg from behind. If he comes back, you're dead. If not, he's dead, but only if somebody else helps making dmg cause yours is not enough.

Edited by Cretinus

You're kidding me, even a sorc can get the 5k medal from a sorc.

Sorcerers have exactly one ability that can hit for 5k or more, but only if you go way up in that tree. It is internal damage, so actually would do less damage to a sorc than anyone else. O have yet to hit for 5k with mine against anyone, because I stopped wasting comms on gearing a DPS sorc and send his comms to my other classes. I'm in half EWH and half WH though.

But other than those few small points you would be mostly correct.

Sorcerers have exactly one ability that can hit for 5k or more, but only if you go way up in that tree. It is internal damage, so actually would do less damage to a sorc than anyone else. O have yet to hit for 5k with mine against anyone, because I stopped wasting comms on gearing a DPS sorc and send his comms to my other classes. I'm in half EWH and half WH though.

You send comms to your other toons? How does that work?

if melee wants to kill you, then melee will kill you in 2 gcds. Might take a few jumps on you, but he will.

But hey: If he doesn't notice you, you can range dps him to 2/3 hp within 8 casted gcds!

But hey: Don't be a baddy! Just kite him! While doing so, you can do .... Absolutely nothing. And sooner or later you'll be eating that granade. But hey: You're not alone, are you? You can win every 2x1 against a pyro! If you kite him that is, cause otherwise he will 1hit you.

Assassin comes out of stealth and hits your hp down to 1/3?

Not a problem. You have ccs! He's immune? Well, every class has a hard counter, doesn't it?

And anyway: Together with a healer, you can win every 1x1! Wait, that's 2x1.... Oh well. Who cares.

And anyway: If the group protects you, you can even do some decent assists with dmg from behind. Not as good as those 7k gods, but hey! You're not taking any dmg, as long as you're not taking any dmg, so too much burst would be op!

And anyway: The game is not balanced for 1x1. Other classes demolish everything 1x1, but hey! Te game is not balanced for 1x1!

And anyway: You have that stupid bubble stun on every1. What? You're dps and have too much cd on the bubble? Well, respecc heal then!

So stop being a baboon. The game is not balanced for 1x1, or for pugs. Learn 2p and go scientific with min/max/augment/gearing and also with gameplay and once in a while you might get a 4k crit, or even beat a marauder 1x1. At least if you have a healer helping out. What? That's not 1x1? Well, the game isn't balanced around 1x1, is it?

I've been playing a dps sorc and i'm a pro and i tell you: Dps sorc is fine. L2p.

TL;DR - Shoot lightning till they die.

You send comms to your other toons? How does that work?

Right now I am buying mara WH gear, ripping the mods, armoring, etc and putting it in bound to legacy stuff, then sending that to my mara. You can't physically send the comms, and you can't send the actual shells. But all you really want is the armorings, mods, enhancements and you can send all of that in legacy gear no problem.

Made my day, would read (and laugh) again.

@OP

Sorc = easy 5k hit medal for any class (except Sorc).

That's what we are and that's what we will be in future (if PTS changes go live as they are).

another bad sage/sorc I presume, don't worry one day you might be atleast average.

I didn't start this topic out of a situational rage mood. I also play a marauder (carnage) and although he gets killed quite often, he kills quite often himself.

In WZs, if my marauder gets attacked, it's a 50% win/loss. If the sorc gets attacked, it's a 90% loss and the remaining 10% is when fighting other sorcs/sages. Worth mentioning that the sorc is better geared than the marauder. Still, the marauder's burst is already 2X that of the sorcerer.

I'm not saying that a sorc should have a caranage mara's burst, but he should have sufficient burst for at least being able to nuke the oponent when he's slowed or at range. Currently, the only thing you can do as a sorc against a non-sorc is to run away. If you manage to do so and he swaps target, you'll find yourself scratching him with a completely ridiculous dmg from behind. If he comes back, you're dead. If not, he's dead, but only if somebody else helps making dmg cause yours is not enough.

then stop playing your sorc. If you are dying that much then sage/sorc isn't for you. There isn't a single advanced class I can't beat. And any player I can't beat 1 vs 1 is because that player has more skill then me. It wouldn't matter what class I was playing they would beat me. Seriously stop blaming other classes for being overpowered and just admit it, you aren't very good at the class in pvp.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

Lol you dont even play the class do you. Force In Balance is 11 points in Balance tree and it hits for 5K. It will even hit 5k way more times if u put 7 points in Seer tree. SO how is it u actually have to go way up in the tree to do this.

Jenna'syyde

Lol you dont even play the class do you. Force In Balance is 11 points in Balance tree and it hits for 5K. It will even hit 5k way more times if u put 7 points in Seer tree. SO how is it u actually have to go way up in the tree to do this.

Jenna'syyde

I'm beginning to wonder what class YOU play. FiB has not hit for 5k regularly since they removed adrenals, much less w/o the top balance and lower seer talents.

I'm beginning to wonder what class YOU play. FiB has not hit for 5k regularly since they removed adrenals, much less w/o the top balance and lower seer talents.

I crit 5k with force in balance all the time when run 7-3-31 Balance. I also will crit 5k with it using what I run now 3-5-33. Just not as often.. Here is my Sage with STATS

Jenna'syyde

Jenna'syyde

If you can hit with deathfield or force in balance for 5k with only 11 points in the tree, I will get down on my knees and beg for your forgiveness. Until then I am going to politely ask you to shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

And for my sage/sorc brothers and sisters who do understand that without creeping death, and without that 30% extra surge on deathfield I will just apologize that you had to waste your time with this post.

If you can hit with deathfield or force in balance for 5k with only 11 points in the tree, I will get down on my knees and beg for your forgiveness. Until then I am going to politely ask you to shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

And for my sage/sorc brothers and sisters who do understand that without creeping death, and without that 30% extra surge on deathfield I will just apologize that you had to waste your time with this post.

deleted for not wanting points

i have crit 5k without using mental scarring/creeping death. I've crit 5k using a 12-17-12 hybrid so im sorry if u cant but I have.

now no points ok bioware

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

I crit 5k with force in balance all the time when run 7-3-31 Balance. I also will crit 5k with it using what I run now 3-5-33. Just not as often.. Here is my Sage with STATS

Jenna'syyde

Only against people in PvE gear. I have never been hit by a 5K force in balance and I played minimum 1000 games among three toons, even on my sorceress.

Sorcs are great dps, but if your not using every single utility, then your playing the class wrong. Most sorcs spam force lightning for a majority of the game. Good sorcs use affliction as much as possible and use creeping terror every time it comes of cd. You need to have an eye for AOEs, and if you don't cc, slow, root, and purge, you can be killed easily by a marauder and a powertech. If you do everything right force speed to cover and your good. I'm not the best sorc ever, and it took me a while to understand the class, but unless you really have an idea of what you're doing you can't succeed playing this class. In this game its hard to be great at any class, but to just be good for a sorc is hard compared to being a good marauder or sniper.