Why does the empire get more exclusive races then republic?

Cordarn

Ok Ive seen threads like this before, but it hasn't happened yet so I will keep it going.

Here is what is unfair, the empire gets about one more exclusive races then the republic.

Here is the list:

empires exclusive:

Sith pureblood,

Chiss,

Rattataki.

Republic exclusive races:

Miraluka,

Mirialan.

See what I mean? Their is no balance there? Did they overlook this or something? Because I don't think that is fair. Here is my proposal for more republic exclusive races:

Voss,

togruta,

cathar.

Anyone wanna keep adding to this? Any races would be fine.

Edited by Cordarn

It's well known the people at Mythic/Bioware are biased toward the Empire.

And it's not that shocking. They are the bad guys. Bioware/Mythic are now owned by the bad guys (EA).

Come on, it fits.

Just take the giant rooster they shoved down your throat with a smile. You might escape Biodrone trolling then.

It's well known the people at Mythic/Bioware are biased toward the Empire.

And it's not that shocking. They are the bad guys. Bioware/Mythic are now owned by the bad guys (EA).

Come on, it fits.

Just take the giant rooster they shoved down your throat with a smile. You might escape Biodrone trolling then.

Lol I suppose your right. Bioware has already shown that they love the empire far more.

why do republic turrets not work, why do republic attack animations take longer, why does empire get all the cool looking armour and saber colours, why in alderaan civil was does the map start out with turrets facing republic ship, why is it when wzs game time out due to lack of players empire wins even tho the last attacker should, why r cyan crystals going to be cheaper than purple crystals next week? List goes on but ill stop there.

why do republic turrets not work, why do republic attack animations take longer, why does empire get all the cool looking armour and saber colours, why in alderaan civil was does the map start out with turrets facing republic ship, why is it when wzs game time out due to lack of players empire wins even tho the last attacker should, why r cyan crystals going to be cheaper than purple crystals next week? List goes on but ill stop there.

Im confused. Is this a negative post, or supportive?

Edited by Cordarn

Does this really worry people? I see it as scr.aping the bottom of the barrel for an excuse to complain.

EDIT: lol at scr.aping being sensored.

One thing is a small issue.

A whole bunch of small things is a huge issue.

There are a whole bunch of Empire being favored issues in this game. Some of them highly damaging (Like in Warzones, for instances).

It's been known since development (I remember concerns about favoritism being brought up in 2009) that BioWare put more effort into the empire. I've played characters from both sides, and it's incredibly obvious to me that empire got more attention. Like the guy above said, empire has faster animations, better looking gear, almost every single bug in the game works out in empire's favor (like the right turret on Alderaan which STILL IS NOT FIXED). And let's not even go into the Fleet thing. Anyone that's played both sides knows the imp fleet is a hopping nightclub while the pub fleet is an airport.

You know, it's no wonder so many people want to play empire. You can actually find people for group content, you own Ilum 23.5 hours a day, and all the little discrepancies are in your favor. It also helps when the devs chose not to punish anyone after you spawn camped Ilum for 8 hours on patch day.

I am empire and am running around in BH pvp armor that makes me look like someone has strapped a kitchen trash can to my chest and im wearing a helmet that looks like its a world war two helmet with two spotlights welded on either side....oh and i forgot the toilet roll bracers.

Edited by Alpha-Llama

Voss are neutral

I haven't played the Sith side on Voss yet, pretty close, but as a Consular it seemed as if Voss was neutral but were leaning towards the Republic. Or, they were heavily favoring the Republic, they just couldn't declare yet. But I would like to have a Pub that is a Voss. Ended up being one of my favorite races in the game. Probably easy enough to add the little effect to their voice.

Asking all these questions...

You could also ask why the Republic are the the only ones to get lower level multi-stage bonus missions. On my Knight, I must have seen about a dozen bonus objectives pop up for missions that have had three stages, each one resulting in a reward of 3 commendations.

Imperial side, I've seen none, and that is up to level 21.

Or, maybe why it is easier for Republic to make credits from missions? Imp side, I have barely pulled together enough credits to buy my first bag expansion by the time I'm leaving my starting world. Republic side, I can afford it by level 6.

We're expansionists, hence more races were assimilated.

All I hear about while playing empire is those dirty filthy aliens the Republic likes recruiting...or how I'm so special because I'm an alien in the Sith ranks. So if anything it should be exactly the opposite. Empire is exclusive, Republic is inclusive.

To spell Republic, it takes two less letters than Sith Empire. Therefor it is more convenient for Republic players to say which faction they play.

HATE CRIME!

Oh wait, I can just say Sith.. ;)

More correct, Empire, half the classes on the Empire side do not identify themselves as Sith. I'm a Bounty Hunter on my main and I'm as independent as you can get...I go where the money is. The Empire are evil bastards though, so they like offing more people...so I side with the Empire.

Edited by Thunder-God

I am empire and am running around in BH pvp armor that makes me look like someone has strapped a kitchen trash can to my chest and im wearing a helmet that looks like its a world war two helmet with two spotlights welded on either side....oh and i forgot the toilet roll bracers.

I don't get these *********** either.... People who say this kind of **** clearly haven't played a Marauder or Bounty Hunter and to be fair some Agent gear is ugly as hell too, orange trench coats?!? For real, orange?

And cooler saber colours? I wanted to roll a Jedi so my saber is blue why the **** would I need a fancy color?

To spell Republic, it takes two less letters than Sith Empire. Therefor it is more convenient for Republic players to say which faction they play.

HATE CRIME!

Oh wait, I can just say Sith.. ;)

Sith are just the Force users. It would be more correct to say "Empire".

I love playing Republic and I do enjoy being the underdog. However, I will say this:

There was a lot more time spent in the Empire art department when designing the faction races, star ships and companions.

Again, I love my Republic Sage, but I do not like my Starship, I don't like my companions look and I do hope that we get more Race choices in the future. I know the legacy system is going to allow some different race combos on the opposite faction, but the thought of rolling up another Sage (that would ultimately be my 5th Sage leveled from Beta until now).

If I could just trade my rust bucket looking Starship in for one of those Imperial Agent ships, I'd be a happy camper. lol