Help with leveling build. but pvp in mind too

fitzle

hey guys. i am leveling a assassin alt now. and i have questions. what is the best leveling build but keeping in mind i will be doing pvp as well on the way to 50. i know darkness is pretty good for solo pve but is it any good for pvp? or should i go with madness? is madness good for leveling or no>?

thanks for all the help. post links to build if you have some to share

Edited by fitzle

so darkness i know will no doubt be good in pve. but its good in pvp as well>? i would think madness would do so much more dps. but im geussing darkness does decent dps in pvp but has alot more surviveablitly?

Im 44 and this is the build Im using: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MIMs0McZzZfobRr.1

I love it. Great for questing and damage is great because of 30% force regen from Darkness and also deathfield from Madness. Also lots of extra damage to Thrash and your discharge. I always run in tank stance. Usually finish WZs near top damage and lots of protection points.

Edited by Dabrixmgp

so darkness i know will no doubt be good in pve. but its good in pvp as well>? i would think madness would do so much more dps. but im geussing darkness does decent dps in pvp but has alot more surviveablitly?

Exactly. Madness can put up some pretty huge DPS numbers but it is VERY squishy and doesn't have much burst damage which makes it less useful. A Darkness tank in DPS PvP gear with still output plenty of damage (I usually put up at least 300k of damage + 50k of prot depending on the wz) but will be one of the hardest targets in a match.

Im 44 and this is the build Im using: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MIMs0McZzZfobRr.1

I love it. Great for questing and damage is great because of 30% force regen from Darkness and also deathfield from Madness. Also lots of extra damage to Thrash and your discharge. I always run in tank stance. Usually finish WZs near top damage and lots of protection points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting I just posted a similar build (18/7/16, how does it work out for you leveling wise? How great is the difference if you go with Lightning Charge and discharge every MOB at the start of the fight? I see you don't have that skill in your Madness tree but have you tried it? Do you use Shock as part of your rotation or not?