Theoretika Quest was amazing

Injudicator

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I enjoyed the creativity of this line. It only helps that he is a pretty powerful companion in his own right. The only thing I've found is that he seems to lack the verbal interjections and location commentaries of the other companions which makes him feel a little more static, unless I've just been taking HK to the "wrong" areas.

Yeah, finally some non-combat investigation type quest. Very good.

Hope for even more investigations and puzzles, that is when it starts to feel like "RPG" again, mechanics felt almost a little like Secret World.

No more Kill X Collect X in the future, please more "Theoretika" type gameplay.

Yes please, add more missions like that.

The Theoretika mission was incredible and loads of fun to play through, I really wish we'll see more missions like this. Especially the traps/puzzles were fun without being frustrating and the non-combat gameplay was a welcome change from the standard missions in the game.

I agree this was the coolest quest in the game ive done ( and ive done im all by now on both sides, bonus missions and every ops etc etc etc )

On the down side, it took you 1+ year to make something cool that actualy resembles something RPG like instead of a clone... so im not going to hold my breath for more like this to get implemented into the game.

I agree with the great majority here in this thread in stating that this quest (and the whole HK-51 questline as a whole) was absolutely amazing. I loved every single bit of it, and perhaps the reasoning behind that is the strong vibe of a KOTORish type quest. It really brought me back and the whole quest made me feel like i was playing a quest in KOTOR, and that to me is immensely important for immersion in this game. We need more quests that are different, with different mechanics, with varying degrees of combat/puzzle/grouping/PvPing/exploring/etc , because that is how you make your MMO stand out apart from others. Really looking forward to Makeb now if we can expect the same kind of story making and great quest design that we saw in the HK quest line.

This ship part was kind of cool. It was pretty immersive the way they done it. However, the scan for parts was atrocious. Over 2 hours on Taris with 6 other people. It popped eventually in a spot that was scanned 100's of times already. DK was over a half hour with an entire raid. Jedi temple took me 5 minutes by myself and got lucky in Hoth when there were 5 people and it popped within 25 meters of the first scan.

I could only imagine this quest in say a month or so when people are doing it by themselves.

oh yeah but how long it took them to make it? one year? 6 months?

I don't know about time, I know it took only 3 people.

Source: Hall Hood tweet: "The Theoretika team: Matt Pucevich (vision and design), Michael Sheidow (art), @rpgwriter (words), and @DanielAErickson (direction). #SWTOR".

Theoretika was a brilliant quest. The dead ship was really spooky, it reminded me of Aliens or Event Horizon, the suspense was great. Also that frozen chamber at the end with all those HKs was just friggin amazing. It was nice to give the spacebar a break. I agree this was very similar to KOTOR quests and more in line with a RPG instead of a faceroller. More like this please BW,!

BTW ..to you guys saying "duhduhduh it took em a year to make this" ...Come on.... They first rolled out news about HK over the summer, so this has prolly been in the works since around then. And it's not like they haven't had a few other things on their plate during that time.

Absolutely loved the HK-51 quests. The Theoretika was awesome, the sounds were spooky LOL, my heart was beating hard as I thought it's going to fall apart in the time I was there. It was so exciting, so addicting, I want more...

I really hope BioWare will go in this direction with their quests. Win-win situation.

The "surprise" in one of the rooms on ship made me panic LOL.

Edited by Evensong

Heya all.

I just acquired my HK-51 today and I can honestly say this was one of the most fun quests I've had in a while. I hope we get more quests where you don't have to slaughter just mobs but do interesting things like in this one. Theoretika was soooo creepy and really reminded me of Manaan from KOTOR.

Awesome work!

It was very very good.

Have done it for 3 characters now and I just like the atmosphere of the station.

Kinda reminds me of under water base (Manaan) in KotOR1 as well (minus all the enemies of course)

I REALLY HOPE EA starts to put out bigger scale content with this type of setting and feeling to it.

This was a sign of better to come hopefully.

Also like the ramped up difficulty in Sector X.

Yes its soloable but its not a mindless cake walk like Black Hole or Ilum. There is actual challenge to do this content.

Hopefully thats ALSO a sign of things to come.

PS: LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact you actually need 4 people (not 2 people and 2 companions, not 3 people and 1 companion, not 1 person soloing it) to complete the FOUR man heroic. Thats how it should have been from day 1.

Sector X and everything attatched to it (including Theoretika) is well done and a huge step in the right direction for this game.

Yes im sure some will complain its again not handed to them with no challenge. Those types are destroying the RPG genre completely and developers need to start to ignore them.

In fact even the cartell shop not as bad as I thought it would be (with a couple exceptions)

This patch for PVE was a huge step forward

This patch for PVP was probably the final blow that kills pvp in this game.

Bad enough you had the expertise issue ion post 50 pvp but now you have pre 50s with expertise stacked up making it a gear grind > player skill as well.

And thats a true shame.

Great Job on PVE

Time to fire anyone related to PVP and bring in new people with a clue.

Did anybody else inject their friends with the nylite injector from the medical room with the last datalog? :D

No but I am so gonna do that to a buddy LOL..

I did on my 1st 50 because I went back to get it before I left and clicked the console after I killed the beast. I clicked the console and saw it acting up thinking I was gonna fail or needed the solution for something else. So I ran back collected it came to console... Injected myself and enjoyed my slow death as Mako tried to keep me alive hahaha. Gave me a good laugh alone in my chair as I died.

Yea I love it.