Will 1.2 bring a larger player base?

Thirdnut

I play on a standard sized server. The term "standard" never seems appropriate unless I'm on Dromand Kaas. The number of players online on planets whose level requirement is over 20 is depressingly low. It makes sense why Dromand Kaas is so populated. We want to experience new aspects of the game that our mains don't have access to. We want to see every class's ship. We want to experience every class's play-style. We want to make fun of every class's companions. But why so few players on planets above Dromand Kaas (and Coruscant for Republic also)? Are players indecisive? Are they bored? Are they not finding a class that fits them?

My primary question: Will the additions to the legacy system increase population on mid-to-late-level planets? It adds to our incentive to level alts. Will that incentive make a noticeable impact on areas other than the Imperial (Republic) Fleet and Dromand Kaas (Coruscant)?

Edited by Thirdnut

Other than when an expansion occurs or a brand new release I have never had an experience where middle level zones had a large population. Its almost impossible to control this aspect of the game. Once people hit 50 they hang out in the zone where auction houses, mail boxes, and high end content are for conveinence...in this game its the fleet.

The sparse population you are seeing in the middle zones is due to people leveling alts/getting tired of end game content at different times. It was the same way in WoW, UO, or any other MMO I have played. One zone will have a high level of concentration and the others will be almost void of population all together.