could r2 become force sensitive

turnoverla-page

One of the most interesting parts of the Jedi Knight storyline was

The ME-D Droids.

I'm not sure if they became fully force-sensitive, but I know they were learning. There's not much info on them (in sources such as Wookieepedia) and I don't remember details, but I for sure remember that

Leeha Narezz

was teaching them to use the Force. Why not R2?

(Of course, I'm biased here, seeing as R2 is my favorite character and think it would be awesome for him to reach that level of awareness.)

This. That was canon (I think), so yes: R2 could, technically become force-sensitive.

Edited by Pingonaut

Yours doesn't make sense. See they they paint Midiclorians as some sort of a virus or bug that lives in your blood. Therefore you could modify them with technology. Like curing the flu. And your intelligent logic is still flawed since I can indeed hire smart people to work for me and use their intelligent for my purpose.

Also many force powers affect others by using their midiclorians like Mind trick

Hardly a virus, just an organism that lives inside you - so it can't exactly be 'cured'. And what do you actually mean by this? How could modifying midichlorians help droids become force sensitive? (which is probably impossible as the Force is most likely sentient) And yes I see what you mean concerning intelligence, but that's not what I meant. In theory you could hire Jedi to use the Force for you, but you can't use the Force yourself. Much like you could hire intelligent people, but not use their intelligence yourself - only get them to use it for yourself. Of course they can teach you to be intelligent, just like a Jedi can teach you to use the Force. But then it comes down to whether you can be taught or not, and droids cannot be taught (to my knowledge)

One of the most interesting parts of the Jedi Knight storyline was

The ME-D Droids.

I'm not sure if they became fully force-sensitive, but I know they were learning. There's not much info on them (in sources such as Wookieepedia) and I don't remember details, but I for sure remember that

Leeha Narezz

was teaching them to use the Force. Why not R2?

(Of course, I'm biased here, seeing as R2 is my favorite character and think it would be awesome for him to reach that level of awareness.)

I've never heard about this, can you elaborate? E.g. ME-D droids?

ME-D Droids:

Start watching at 5:10 to 5:50 for no spoiler to the actual story.

So, although they didn't move mountains, Leeha Narezze believed that droids could use the Force through the act of gaining a personality. Obviously a force-sensitive droid would not be a Jedi, but Could R2 become force sensitive in the fact that he overcame his programming in some unnatural way to become almost....... alive? Leeha Narrezze thinks so.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Hardly a virus, just an organism that lives inside you - so it can't exactly be 'cured'. And what do you actually mean by this? How could modifying midichlorians help droids become force sensitive? (which is probably impossible as the Force is most likely sentient) And yes I see what you mean concerning intelligence, but that's not what I meant. In theory you could hire Jedi to use the Force for you, but you can't use the Force yourself. Much like you could hire intelligent people, but not use their intelligence yourself - only get them to use it for yourself. Of course they can teach you to be intelligent, just like a Jedi can teach you to use the Force. But then it comes down to whether you can be taught or not, and droids cannot be taught (to my knowledge)

I've never heard about this, can you elaborate? E.g. ME-D droids?

just an organism that lives inside you hmm With advance tech you could use sound, electrical pulses, air born chemicals or any other number of things to make midichlorians to do what a droid would want them to do. Jedi and Sith do this with Mind tricks, light wall and when they cut someone off from the force. They are not playing with their own midicholrians but with others. Therefore why couldn't a droid or even a non sensitive use tech to control the midichlorians? Even in real life we have modify little organisms to be able to kill you in a few minutes

ME-D Droids:

So, although they didn't move mountains, Leeha Narezze believed that droids could use the Force through the act of gaining a personality. Obviously a force-sensitive droid would not be a Jedi, but Could R2 become force sensitive in the fact that he overcame his programming in some unnatural way to become almost....... alive? Leeha Narrezze thinks so.

As far as becoming alive, I think it is plausible, we are in all honesty an organic machine.

If people want to take the time to search for something that talks about this philosophical issue try to find:

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 2

"The Measure of a Man"

It is very relevant to this conversation.

just an organism that lives inside you hmm With advance tech you could use sound, electrical pulses, air born chemicals or any other number of things to make midichlorians to do what a droid would want them to do. Jedi and Sith do this with Mind tricks, light wall and when they cut someone off from the force. They are not playing with their own midicholrians but with others. Therefore why couldn't a droid or even a non sensitive use tech to control the midichlorians? Even in real life we have modify little organisms to be able to kill you in a few minutes

While this may be possible, I don't think the Force works in that way. the Force is more than just a bunch of cells, and I doubt can be manipulated through technology, in fact midichlorians were just a medium through which one connects with the Force - so its a lot more complex than you make it out to be. I'm not ruling it out as impossible though, after all Darth Plageius could manipulate midichlorians through a mixture of the Force and technology - making a droid force sensitive forcefully is a big leap though.

ME-D Droids:

Very interesting. Although I disagree, she has no evidence to suggest droids overcoming their programming is the result of the Force. Its just the intelligence already programmed into a droid expanding independently.

While this may be possible, I don't think the Force works in that way. the Force is more than just a bunch of cells, and I doubt can be manipulated through technology, in fact midichlorians were just a medium through which one connects with the Force - so its a lot more complex than you make it out to be. I'm not ruling it out as impossible though, after all Darth Plageius could manipulate midichlorians through a mixture of the Force and technology - making a droid force sensitive forcefully is a big leap though.

Very interesting. Although I disagree, she has no evidence to suggest droids overcoming their programming is the result of the Force. Its just the intelligence already programmed into a droid expanding independently.

If you can do a simple blood test to measure midchlorians then I would have to say they are nothing more than bacteria which have some mystic powers.

The other thing that would make me think droids could use the force is that T3, T7, R2 and C3PO are all very lucky droids that always seem to get out of trouble unless it is a heroic death. That is a sign of a force sensitive like Han Solo

If you can do a simple blood test to measure midchlorians then I would have to say they are nothing more than bacteria which have some mystic powers.

The other thing that would make me think droids could use the force is that T3, T7, R2 and C3PO are all very lucky droids that always seem to get out of trouble unless it is a heroic death. That is a sign of a force sensitive like Han Solo

The midchlorians don't have the power, they give the person the ability to tap into the Force if the count is high enough. Otherwise if midchlorians did give the power, then anyone could be a jedi or sith regardless of how high their count is.

As Ben said its a medium.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The midchlorians don't have the power, they give the person the ability to tap into the Force if the count is high enough. Otherwise if midchlorians did give the power, then anyone could be a jedi or sith regardless of how high their count is.

Exactly, midichlorians are just bacteria (if they can be described so simply) - they are not the Force, that is something else entirely. They merely provide a way of connecting with the Force. Which is a sentient, metaphysical entity that cannot be controlled.

See they they paint Midiclorians as some sort of a virus or bug that lives in your blood.

They live inside your cells, actually.

They're clearly inspired by the very real mitochondria that exist in our cells. Mitochondria are believed to have once been independent lifeforms that entered an endosymbiotic relationship with another type of cell.

Back to midichlorians, though, you can basically think of them as a primordial creatures that communicate the Force to their host cells.

Doesn't matter if they have the power or not. Just get a jar of Midchlorian goo and install into a droid. Boom droid now has the "medium" to use the force.

Doesn't matter if they have the power or not. Just get a jar of Midchlorian goo and install into a droid. Boom droid now has the "medium" to use the force.

Its probably more complicated than that. :p

But it is possible a droid could be given midichlorians, however then they need to work out how to use them to connect with the Force - and we don't know if the midichlorians would 'accept' the droid or not. General Grievous for example was injected with the blood of Master Sifo-Dyas and yet failed to become force sensitive - and he was a cyborg.

Its probably more complicated than that. :p

But it is possible a droid could be given midichlorians, however then they need to work out how to use them to connect with the Force - and we don't know if the midichlorians would 'accept' the droid or not. General Grievous for example was injected with the blood of Master Sifo-Dyas and yet failed to become force sensitive - and he was a cyborg.

More to that point, the Force is in all LIVING things. Droids are not living things.

There was a Comic by Dark Horse, about side characters through out the Movies. One of the stories was about R5-D4 being Force Sensitive. It even went as far to say he for seen that R2 should be the Droid for Luke, so he blew out his own Motivator knowing that he may never be reactivated. That way Luke would take R2.

There was a Comic by Dark Horse, about side characters through out the Movies. One of the stories was about R5-D4 being Force Sensitive. It even went as far to say he for seen that R2 should be the Droid for Luke, so he blew out his own Motivator knowing that he may never be reactivated. That way Luke would take R2.

yeah that is skippy who is non canon, but it is still a good story

Lol, this is how the conversation started. Read the OP. :D