bring on the rep grind :/

Kavu

rep grinding is one of the things that kinda hurt WoW for me, not killed it but definitely hurt it. I just hope that SWTOR doesn't lean on it as hard as a time sink as WoW did. other than taht, HELL YA 1.7! can't wait!

If they tie in the reputation to allready existing dailies (seems likely for Ilum and Belsavis) then they just add more purpose to a current boring endgame grind, which is good. It seems they're also adding new missions (again, at least for Ilum) so it's an improvement overall I'd say. Does it make reputation grind not suck? No, but at least there's additional reward added to something that allready exists and does suck... assuming you dislike dailies anyway. I don't particularily mind them. Edited by Pscyon

I am just wondering how it will work - will there be new missions for the Voss as my main has completed most of the missions on Voss already so I am thinking it will be difficult to build up rep for existing characters?

Most likely will be a new "daily" area for a good amount of planets (Tatooine = Hutt faction etc.) They've been mentioning that there will be reasons why you will want to visit lower levels planets that you would normally have no reason to at max level.

I didn't play WoW (for long at least) but it was extra content, and gave you more things to do for gear and such.

I noticed on the screenshot of the reputation UI frame there was a giant CM logo with a 'Bonus Points +50%' offering, so I'm going to assume that while the rep grind may suck, they will happily let you pay to have it suck less. Edited by DawnAskham

rep grinding is one of the things that kinda hurt WoW for me, not killed it but definitely hurt it. I just hope that SWTOR doesn't lean on it as hard as a time sink as WoW did. other than taht, HELL YA 1.7! can't wait!

I kinda like the rep grinds, but only if it give us unique items, i.e. mounts, weapons or armor, would be kewl if the CM wasnt the only way to get new things... but we'll see :rolleyes:

Optional content is never a bad though. You can either do it or don't. Even though you may not personally like it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be added for those who are looking for alternative ways to get bonus items, vanity sets, and gear outside of what the current end-game offers. We have a lot of causal players in this game who don't heavily participate in neither raiding nor PVP , who are then also crying about not having anything to do at level 50. If this gives them something to occupy themselves with, more power to it.

Even those who do raid and PVP should be interested in acquiring vanity gear such as armor/pets/mounts while doing more dailies that give out bonus credits. It's sort of a win/win situation here. We get more content while giving people so vocal about being bored something else to do other than complaining. Of course, they'll complain anyway because...well, because they can, but at least we can point a finger and say, "Go do that instead."

I kinda like the rep grinds, but only if it give us unique items, i.e. mounts, weapons or armor, would be kewl if the CM wasnt the only way to get new things... but we'll see :rolleyes:

ya I gree with this, just as long as it doesn't become the focus of the game, ie BiS stuff only available through rep grinding.

I don't see why we have to grind 'rep' when we have legacy. I ground that, got it to 50 and where are the benefits? I see few or no perks to being 50. I think they should have developed legacy more and found suitable rewards for those who actually worked it. Now they're doing another grindfest for something else that might not turn out to be worth it. :mad: