Explanations for "Stormtrooper Aim" [Either serious or not]

Guildrum

I've always blamed the rifles. Shoddy, lowest-cost-bidder mass-produced crap. Same with the Stormtrooper armour.

The Republic was equipping them properly, but Imperial embezzlement, cost cutbacks and extremly greedy imperial agents began usurping all the budget and the rank and file ended up with useless gear.

I like to think that it's mostly down to the force. The Jedi are somehow subconciously either affecting their aim, or 'steering' the bullets away. Not with 100% efficiency because they still have to deflect the odd blaster shot.

Plus, a bit of luck.

:I That seems to make the most sense to me.

Edited by Greywatch

Its really hard to shoot at someone while being shot at yourself. They have done studies on real soldiers and found that most don't really want to kill anyone and intentionally fire in the direct of an enemy and not at them hoping someone else will succeed.

I don't think the stormtroopers are any more inaccurate than anyone else firing a weapon while being shot at themselves. The difference is in the stormtroopers case that you see all of the shots the fire so all of their misses are obvious.