After a 5 month hiatus...

NilanVoid

I decided to come back and see what's up. I was an original SWTOR player ( since beta ) and had high hopes for the game but had to /unsub due to frustrations with the game. I bought into the hype of GW2 and played that for a few months but God almighty that game ended up being complete crap! With no other game on the market offering a good gaming (PvP) experience I decided to /resub here for a short while to see if things have improved.

I want to dust off my WH Sorc and play her for a bit but my WH Marauder also made for some good times. I'm sure I'll find out in game soon enough but I gotta ask: Has this game improved any - specifically the PvP action? Did ranked ever take off or is it still dead? Queue's popping frequently? PUG games still filled with noobs? F2P killing the game?

Thx for the feed-back.

Ranked PvP has basically become down to 2 or 3 top teams on most servers just pooping on everyone else in ranked. Which has discouraged a lot of people to even bother playing ranked. They also have not implemented Season 1 of ranked yet, which means we're still in the same "Pre-Season" that you left 5 months ago. So there isn't a real incentive to even do ranked, unless you just like very competitive top level competition.

My guild and I enjoy improving to get better in ranked, so we are one of the few guilds that does them and goes up against these said uber teams. Its fun some nights, others...not so much.

As for the classes. The resolve system changed a bit for the worst, but like anything in PvP, you either adapt and overcome. Or you quit.

If you haven't read bout it yet, UPDATE 2.0 is on the Public Test Server at the moment. Its due out in "early spring". Likely late april would be my guess. It is brining 5 new levels, redesigned talent trees for all classes and new abilities. It is speculated that Season 1 of Ranked pvp will start with this, or soon after. But we'll see.

So its not really ideal spending comms on gear at the moment. You joined back at the perfect time to grind an alt while we all wait for the update and new gear.

Ranked PvP has basically become down to 2 or 3 top teams on most servers just pooping on everyone else in ranked. Which has discouraged a lot of people to even bother playing ranked. They also have not implemented Season 1 of ranked yet, which means we're still in the same "Pre-Season" that you left 5 months ago. So there isn't a real incentive to even do ranked, unless you just like very competitive top level competition.

My guild and I enjoy improving to get better in ranked, so we are one of the few guilds that does them and goes up against these said uber teams. Its fun some nights, others...not so much.

As for the classes. The resolve system changed a bit for the worst, but like anything in PvP, you either adapt and overcome. Or you quit.

If you haven't read bout it yet, UPDATE 2.0 is on the Public Test Server at the moment. Its due out in "early spring". Likely late april would be my guess. It is brining 5 new levels, redesigned talent trees for all classes and new abilities. It is speculated that Season 1 of Ranked pvp will start with this, or soon after. But we'll see.

So its not really ideal spending comms on gear at the moment. You joined back at the perfect time to grind an alt while we all wait for the update and new gear.

Pretty much what he said except the comms part. I'd spend the ranked comms if you figure you can get and make use of a full set of EWH within a month, otherwise bank them. For regular warzone comms, either get WH pieces, convert to ranked, or buy warzone medpacks in that order. The caps will remain the same so no worries there.

As far as PvE comms go, there are going to be new caps and new comms coming out (subject to change but as of right now this is how it's looking): Planetary, Classic, Basic, Elite, Ultimate. Planetary is a combination of all the planet comms you get from each planetary individually, the new cap on them is 100 total comms, with a 50 comm per week cap. Classic comms are a combination of all the comms you get from Ops, HM FPs, and dailies, they include Tionese, Columni, Daily, Black Hole, the new cap on them is 400 (with an 800 temporary cap so people with alot can get a chance to spend under the new cap, it was posted in a Dev Tracker post), and a weekly cap of 200. Basic, Elite, and Ultimate are new comms for level 55 gear. I'd spend these down under the upcoming caps to avoid an overflow and losing comms, if you still have Tionese crystals, these were done away with but you can get an Artifact Storage Box from the Tionese vendor for 25 crystals, this will probably go away with the vendor so buy them now, even if you just GTN/NPC the stuff from it. Basically, spend your comms down and either gear up yourself or an alt and keep them down to avoid an overflow situation. Dulfy has a good article on the coming changes.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-commendations-system-in-patch-2-0/

Welcome back :D